• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] The Legacy Outlaw

A sweet blue legend Outlaw came in the mail earlier today :cool: , sadly, probably won't get to throw it until Saturday :wall: , even then the weather is looking a bit so-so, but here's hoping. Doing an eye comparison with my FR Purple, tops looked pretty similar, but the lower parts I'm seeing some difference.

On the Legend, the part in blue on the picture marked B, the section from the inner bit of the rim to maybe 1/3 toward the outer edge (from the "nub" at the left-edge of the B-line toward the black section), it looks longer and/or more "pulled down" than on the FR Icon, giving the Legend a higher appearance.

Not sure I'm adequetly discribing the picture (probably not :doh: ) and it also be my eyes deceiving me, but guessing I should expect the Legend to be really OS, especially as looking at my fairly US SR Outlaw that has almost no "nub" in the same section, not quite straight from the outer edge to the inner edge, but noticeably less nub than on the FR, which seems to have less than the Legend.

Last edited:
A sweet blue legend Outlaw came in the mail earlier today :cool: , sadly, probably won't get to throw it until Saturday :wall: , even then the weather is looking a bit so-so, but here's hoping. Doing an eye comparison with my FR Purple, tops looked pretty similar, but the lower parts I'm seeing some difference.

On the Legend, the part in blue on the picture marked B, the section from the inner bit of the rim to maybe 1/3 toward the outer edge (from the "nub" at the left-edge of the B-line toward the black section), it looks longer and/or more "pulled down" than on the FR Icon, giving the Legend a higher appearance.

Not sure I'm adequetly discribing the picture (probably not :doh: ) and it also be my eyes deceiving me, but guessing I should expect the Legend to be really OS, especially as looking at my fairly US SR Outlaw that has almost no "nub" in the same section, not quite straight from the outer edge to the inner edge, but noticeably less nub than on the FR, which seems to have less than the Legend.

I have thrown a couple different outlaws and a few different destroyers. They are all very similar. The legend is fairly stable and have a strong hyzer finish. I'd expect it to be as an outlaw should be 13/4/-1/3 something like that. It always depends, one of my outlaws is REALLY beefy, but its a 175g Icon that looks to have a higher PLH, throw and see, hope it works!

Not sure I'm adequetly discribing the picture (probably not :doh: ) and it also be my eyes deceiving me, but guessing I should expect the Legend to be really OS,

I'd be willing to bet a dollar that the PLH (Parting Line Height) of your Outlaws will tell a better tale of how they fly/will fly.

Set two discs of a same mold on a counter having the flashing (the plastic line "D" in your pic where the top and bottom mold met) touching. The disc with the higher PLH will be more overstable.

That might work, if for the fact that my FR Outlaw has now been in use for around a year and it's rim is a "tad" beaten, SR too, there's like no strong reference point to see, it's all worn to pretty much smooth. Also, not sure if that because the FR has been hitting "stuff" ;) for a year, but the wing tip on the Legend has a sharper edge.

I've had my FR outlaw for almost a year now...it's now got some turn on it and not reliable enough to get a strong fade finish into a strong headwind...but that's why I have a fresh one. But mines a 168, and they beat in quicker. Good thing I have a few backups of my FRs and a few prod.

It's kinda funny, I have a FR and a SR Outlaw, as well as the new Legend (looks way more like the FR than the SR, but still different), but haven't yet gotten around to testing any of the production run Outlaws yet. Naturally hoping I don't lose my FR (couple of close calls last fall/winter), but prod runs could be a decent replacement, certainly quite a bit cheaper.

Agreed, I bought early 4 FR - 2@168 (orange/purp) & 2@175 (white). Also now have a yellow prod 173 that i'm going to put in the bag instead of the 168 purp. So lineup is (US to OS): 168 orange (beat), 173 yellow prod, 175 white FR. The yellow prod is going to become main with 175 white for heavy hyzer/wind shots. My orange 168 is too beat to fly certain lines into winds but still holding up very well structurally.

I received an orange Outlaw in icon plastic as a gift - production run, 167g, and slightly pop-top. Threw it yesterday and it totally bombs. Nice and stable flight! I could coax a little bit of high speed turn out of it, but not consistently. I wanted to ask you Outlaw throwers what are the most consistently US production run Outlaws? Looking to find one that will pair up nicely with my stable orange one. Trouble is none of the stores near me carry a ton of Legacy, so I will be buying online.

I've also considered the Nemisis for this slot, but I always prefer to stick with the same mold whenever possible. If it's just a matter of beating in the Outlaw I already have, then that's fine. I just figured I'd check if there were any Outlaws that would provide a bit more understability right out of the gate.

2nd run pink in light weight flies US, but not sure about production run.

I received an orange Outlaw in icon plastic as a gift - production run, 167g, and slightly pop-top. Threw it yesterday and it totally bombs. Nice and stable flight! I could coax a little bit of high speed turn out of it, but not consistently. I wanted to ask you Outlaw throwers what are the most consistently US production run Outlaws? Looking to find one that will pair up nicely with my stable orange one. Trouble is none of the stores near me carry a ton of Legacy, so I will be buying online.

I've also considered the Nemisis for this slot, but I always prefer to stick with the same mold whenever possible. If it's just a matter of beating in the Outlaw I already have, then that's fine. I just figured I'd check if there were any Outlaws that would provide a bit more understability right out of the gate.

You probably want to get hold of a 2nd run (male outlaw stamp). I have an Orange 167g 2nd run, really pop top (you can keep your arms straight and you'll still hear the "heartbeat" easy), that's US, beaten quite a bit these days, but it started way more US than my 1st run Purple.

I've yet to try any of the Production run Outlaws, sticking with my 1st run Icon and Legend plus that 2nd run Icon.

From what I hear, FR is more OS than SR, and production is right in between the two. Also, the lightweight blends of Icon are almost a completely different plastic than the regular weights. The lighter stuff seems less durable.

Also, the lightweight blends of Icon are almost a completely different plastic than the regular weights. The lighter stuff seems less durable.

100% agree, the lighter weight Icon are totally different and are made from a lesser plastic that is not as playable or as durable.

Interesting, I didn't realize there was a plastic difference with the lower weights. I throw fairly lightweight patriots as well, and they fly great for me. They do beat in, but not crazy-fast or anything. Maybe I'll try some max weight stuff to compare.

Yes, my two white 167 icon outlaws feel softer compared to my 174-175 gram outlaws (white skullboy, yellow, pink, & purple), and the top of the flight plate has a slightly sticky texture as well. I would not be surprised if the wing does deform a bit more on tree strikes and spike hyzers with this softer plastic. But I must say, I have yet to feel an icon outlaw that I haven't liked.

hmmm surprised to hear about the light weight plastic.. my 168 First Run Icon has been in the bag since last Jan. and its seasoned very very very well with no issues.. now fwiw i dont throw it a "ton" .. also throw Icon Pats in the 160's and love the way they season .. and those are thrown a "ton" lol

hmmm surprised to hear about the light weight plastic.. my 168 First Run Icon has been in the bag since last Jan. and its seasoned very very very well with no issues.. now fwiw i dont throw it a "ton" .. also throw Icon Pats in the 160's and love the way they season .. and those are thrown a "ton" lol

This has also been my experience with the 167g Patriots I throw. I haven't thrown the heavier Icon stuff, though. Maybe I just don't know what I'm missing.

Light outlaws are softer and gripper and wear in WAY faster then the harder icon. I have gone through multiple second run outlaws quickly and still bagging the first production run max weight I got, they are like star and gstar in my opinion. But they have their uses...

Gstar is floppy crap while soft icon is buttery, grippy goodness that seasons about the same but shows a touch more wear.

Current Outlaw lineup:
Seasoned FR white- stable in moderate headwinds
Fresh SR red- slightly more stable than FR white
Fresh Legend silver- the beef

Last edited: