• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] The Legacy Outlaw

Anyone tried a light production run? I dabbled into a 168 second run recently and it's one of the longest discs in my bag...nice s with reliable fade, but the second runs are getting harder and harder to find, wonder if the production runs are the same... Have a max weight one and I'd say it's slightly beefier then the max weight first run I have... Is this the same trend with lighter weight productions?

A bit of personal experience...(production run) the white and blues fly like a nice destroyer or hurricane, but the purples with a bit of dome? Like an 8/10 star wraith. Some definite turn, good glide, bit of fade.

1st run: cowgirl with saloon
2nd Run: cowboy with saloon
3rd/ Production: looks like a regular icon stamp

First runs - a scantily clad cowgirl because....California

Second runs - same step except a Roland Deschain looking guy (bonus points for whoever gets this reference).

3rd are productions I guess

Last edited:
Gunmetals are the freaks very OS Beef everyone says, i own silver and emerald (green) legend Outlaws, they are similar to FR Icons, maybe a touch more OS to start out.

depends on the giant.

find yourself a flat, high plh giant and it certainly isn't going anywhere except into the ground unless it's thrown into a 30 mph headwind.

also i get bonus points. :D

These Outlaws are part of our players packs on Saturday.

I'd like one comparable in stability to a D1 ... so I guess, decently overstable. Obviously will look for a higher PLH and the usual suspects. Any colors I should avoid that would typically be flippier?

K6gGIFf.jpg

My understanding is white and blue are best bets for stable discs. My yellow is fairly flippy.
PLH aside, blues and whites are definitely stable. White a little more so, in my experience. I have a couple recent run purples that are stable bombers as well. Thus far, color has been a suitable judge of stability for me

Last edited:
My understanding is white and blue are best bets for stable discs. My yellow is fairly flippy.

PLH aside, blues and whites are definitely stable. White a little more so, in my experience. I have a couple recent run purples that are stable bombers as well. Thus far, color has been a suitable judge of stability for me

get a blue one, those are soo reliable, my main dog :D

thanks guys :thmbup: ... I do tend to gravitate towards white discs, so that's nice to know

opinions on red? cause red w/ white stamp looks gooooooooood

thanks guys :thmbup: ... I do tend to gravitate towards white discs, so that's nice to know

opinions on red? cause red w/ white stamp looks gooooooooood

I haven't thrown a red production run but if color is a big indicator, my red icon rampage is my most stable rampage including pinnacle plastic.

I like white too and they straighten out in 15+mph headwinds which handles 90% of the wind around here. I keep a D1 in the bag for big wind days and OB holes where zero chance of trouble is more important than distance.

I haven't thrown a red production run but if color is a big indicator, my red icon rampage is my most stable rampage including pinnacle plastic.

I like white too and they straighten out in 15+mph headwinds which handles 90% of the wind around here. I keep a D1 in the bag for big wind days and OB holes where zero chance of trouble is more important than distance.

excellent info, thanks :)

Is your red Icon Ramp plastic gummy or more rigid plastic? Red Icon Ramp is the only one I have thrown, but it's not as OS into the wind as I'd like, if throwing Legacy into proper headwind, I grab my blue Icon Cannon that's way more OS than the red Icon Ramp, which is of the gummy plastic type (while the Icon Cannon is of the more rigid type). Even my FR Purple Outlaw is in the contest after the Cannon, between the Outlaw and Rampage it comes down to which one I'm feeling like throwing.

My red icon rampage is a softer blend about as soft as my outlaws. If the wind is 10-15mph, I'd expect my red rampage to get pushed around a bit (20' wide tight s-curve) and if its gusty then I'd probably reach for a more stable disc if there isn't a fair amount of room to let it work.

I've thrown a few Cannons and they beat in to that stable-understable turnover go far. Right now I'm filling that sky anny big D slot with a seasoned 167 orange FR Outlaw that's gonna turn 50-60 feet given 40-50 feet height but still come fade back close to neutral thrown into a 10mph headwind at 400'. On a longer throw, either with more height, more wind or my 450' power limit, my light wt. orange will turn and pan out to land flat... love that disc it just took a minute to figure out it likes to be thrown high and flat:thmbup:

Last edited:
Can we go over the stability of the legend plastic one more time? Gunmetal is the most, & purple is the least? Where do they fall after Gunmetal?