• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] The Legacy Outlaw

Was doing field work yesterday and getting my Outlaws out to about 450' mostly, a few 475'. haven't been able to hit 500 with them yet, need to work on my throw after sitting inside all winter, but i took my rampages out of the bag because i can throw my outlaws just as far most of the time with more control. How far are you guys throwing Outlaws? Compared to Rampage?

I'm getting very similar distance typically, but losing 15-20' on my biggest drives probably. I've switched to all Outlaws though because their reliability and consistency is much greater than my Rampages for my game.

Was doing field work yesterday and getting my Outlaws out to about 450' mostly, a few 475'. haven't been able to hit 500 with them yet, need to work on my throw after sitting inside all winter, but i took my rampages out of the bag because i can throw my outlaws just as far most of the time with more control. How far are you guys throwing Outlaws? Compared to Rampage?

Compared to the Rampage my Outlaws are about 10-20' shorter, but that still puts the Outlaws at 450', but I'm throwing them at 6000' above sea level. Released barely on a hyzer I get a little turn with a pretty dependable fade using my pink 169g second run. At a lower elevation I think I could release it with more hyzer, still get some turn and a lot more forward fade which should add some distance.

Compared to the Rampage my Outlaws are about 10-20' shorter, but that still puts the Outlaws at 450', but I'm throwing them at 6000' above sea level.

^Playing for only two years and throwing 450+ is impressive:clap:

My Outlaws are 20-30' shorter than my Rampages. I can get my orange 167 FR to turn 40-50' on a thrown high flat line that s-curves to 400'. My white 174 FR doesn't turn unless there is a wind over 10-15mph otherwise I'm happy if they flex just short of 400'.

I have white blue and orange production runs that all have the same PLH and dome, not sure about the other colors but mine are all consistent, they fly like white first runs only a touch more carry

Playing for only two years and throwing 450+ is impressive:clap:

Thanks. I played a lot of sports (baseball, hockey, golf, football, etc) all the way through college so things like timing, weight transfer and good mechanics have been drilled into my head since an early age. I wish I had found disc golf earlier though.

I'm anxious to get my hands on some production run Outlaws though. I didn't throw my first run, and my second runs have been a mixed bag, with the pink 169g being the best of all. It would be nice to have a few 170-171g Outlaws completely replace my Destroyers, but I had to put one *DS back in the bag for windy days and forehands.

Maybe Pinnacle will be different enough to fill a more wind resistant role

The Legacy Facebook group seem pretty sure this is the case. My experience with Legacy fairways seems to back it up. Pinnacle is more stable than Icon in my Rival and Patriot. Pinn seems to start off a tick more OS and take longer to break in than Icon.

I felt a newer red Icon Rampage the other day at my local course, and it feels so different than my white Icon Patriot. Super grippy and almost gummy. Stiff feeling in the rim(though my Patriot is MUCH stiffer,) but flight plate can be grabbed well with your thumb and pointer under the disc.

So seems like the are running at least a different blend in high speed drivers. Or my Patriot is just a super old one. Been on the shelves at my local store for almost a year.

Thanks. I played a lot of sports (baseball, hockey, golf, football, etc) all the way through college so things like timing, weight transfer and good mechanics have been drilled into my head since an early age. I wish I had found disc golf earlier though.

I'm anxious to get my hands on some production run Outlaws though. I didn't throw my first run, and my second runs have been a mixed bag, with the pink 169g being the best of all. It would be nice to have a few 170-171g Outlaws completely replace my Destroyers, but I had to put one *DS back in the bag for windy days and forehands.

blue legend and gunmetal legend outlaws are very stable! threw a flex forehand with my gunmetal legend outlaw the other day in a 20+mph head wind. it laughed at the anny i put on it and dove to the ground.

The Legacy Facebook group seem pretty sure this is the case. My experience with Legacy fairways seems to back it up. Pinnacle is more stable than Icon in my Rival and Patriot. Pinn seems to start off a tick more OS and take longer to break in than Icon.

Maybe I should take a look at Pin Rivals if this is the case, max weight to boot (my Icon Rival is 164g) to get a more OS Rival.

I felt a newer red Icon Rampage the other day at my local course, and it feels so different than my white Icon Patriot. Super grippy and almost gummy. Stiff feeling in the rim(though my Patriot is MUCH stiffer,) but flight plate can be grabbed well with your thumb and pointer under the disc.

This sounds very, very similar to my red Icon Rampage (see the all things Legacy thread for my post about plastics).

The stuff i have heard from the team legacy about the pinnacle outlaws has me excited, sounds like they have no turn and same fade which means better wind resistance and sweet spot longer esp. in pinnacle plastic, but it will probably depend on certain colors as usual.

I suggested one of these for a friend even though I had never seen one. I got to throw it today. 166 slime green. I turned it a little even with my 350ish power. Easily as long as anything I have except maybe my Star Terns, but those would be for different conditions anyway. Just had to order my own, plus two Hunters. These are my first Legacy purchases.

Last time i asked they said they had no plans for pinnacle outlaws this year and instead are focusing on improved plastic and new molds... as if their plastic wasnt already good enough :)

I bought a blue 175g icon outlaw and threw and it turned and burned on me at ~400' of power. Haven't thrown it since cuz that was in a doubles tournament and it went straight back into my trunk, I love the feel of the plastic so I wanna try it out in the field.

I bought a blue 175g icon outlaw and threw and it turned and burned on me at ~400' of power. Haven't thrown it since cuz that was in a doubles tournament and it went straight back into my trunk, I love the feel of the plastic so I wanna try it out in the field.

If it's a second run (stamped with a dude holding a gun) i wouldn't be surprised. i dont have any second runs but i heard some were domey and flippy. I have many first run and production run and they are all nice and over-stable. It could be your form too, no offense but often anyone turning and burning a speed 12 distance driver isn't doing it right or doesn't know how the disc flies.

Must be a dud man, I have 5 now, first run second run two colors of legend and a production max weight blue and the 175 prod blue had the most beef and the light 2nd run outlaw had the least, but they all have that destroyer flight between 400'&450' in my experience

Last time i asked they said they had no plans for pinnacle outlaws this year and instead are focusing on improved plastic and new molds... as if their plastic wasnt already good enough :)

They're tweaking the Protege, and it looks like they got it where they want it to do regular run Protege Ghosts. The feel has always been great but the durability wasn't there so there's been alot of adjustments to the blend to get things proper.

In addition they've had the Hunter, Prowler, Nemesis and Enemy to get relaased.