• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] The Legacy Outlaw

My pink 2nd run doesn't seem that beefy...turn that blue one into a hyzer flip bomber :D

Like I said, still going to try the black one. The black has a much more uniform top. Not dome, not flat. We will see.

Sorry but that's ridiculous. The outlaw I threw was extremely overstable and seeing so much variance in one mold it's very disappointing. Its why I dropped cannons and rampages. Hoarding runs or colors etc shouldn't be a concern outside of SMALL differences.....

I like legacy and want them to do well too not bashing here just honestly disappointed the outlaw looks to be no different than rampage or cannons. Damn legacy drivers are like a box of chocolates. Even slower ones.

Last edited:
I got a blue icon skullboy stamp outlaw that I got to get out and throw 2 rounds with today. Its money! I was looking for something right between a wraith and a destroyer and that's what I got. I've been impressed with legacy so far. I replaced the leopard with the patriot and after further testing may replace the wraith with the outlaw.

Hmm I have around 15 outlaws and they all fly very close to the same. Yeah, some have a -1 HSS but none are roller flippy.

I find it funny that everyone loves that destroyers fly different, but if another high speed driver doesn't fly exactly the same ever single disc then that company is doing a bad job.

I have over 20 Outlaws in many colors and plastics, never had a "flippy" or "huge dome" one, but im sure there are some freaks out there, I've seen weird stuff like that in some of their molds, but its not that common. The most understable i have is a 166g FR Yellow and it started out with just a little turn and beat in very quickly, i stick to 172g+ with Outlaws and never had an issue after that.

I would take it back to where you bought it and tell them somethings wrong with it, or go to the Legacy facebook page and post a picture with description of what its flying like, the Legacy guys would replace that in a heart beat, they are awesome.

I Remember when i bought a big stack of MVP Shocks at release expecting them to be super beefy and they were understable out of the box, i was pissed too, but i contacted MVP and they replaced every single one for no cost.. most companies have inconsistencies and will gladly replace them for free if you are unhappy.

By the way my production run blues are awesome, so if you like blue try one of the new ones instead, you wont be disappointed.

Last edited:
Hmm I have around 15 outlaws and they all fly very close to the same. Yeah, some have a -1 HSS but none are roller flippy.

I find it funny that everyone loves that destroyers fly different, but if another high speed driver doesn't fly exactly the same ever single disc then that company is doing a bad job.

The variance in destroyers is not nearly as wide, and the differences commonly are across year long runs, not colors in the same batch, with there being 5+ batches of outlaws expected in their first year.

I have seen huge variance in destroyers in a single run having sorted through orders of them EVERY year for a large local tournament, go to any store that has a large stock of innova and start laying them on a flat surface side-by-side, each color and even different weights within the same color will have different dome/PLH.. sometimes you just get random bulb-top freaks. And don't get me started about the different plastics.

Every company i have ever thrown has inconsistency, its just the way plastic is, you cant mass produce something like discs and expect them to be the same every time.. imposible.

There are some companies that do a little better than others, but there will ALWAYS be freaks out there, stop acting like everything you throw is perfectly consistent.

So, for curiosity sake, I put my black and blue outlaws side by side. Blacks plh is 3 millimeters or more higher than the blue. For further curiosity sake, I put the blue outlaw next to a DD freedom. They have almost identical PLH. Hmmmm? Very interesting indeed.

So, for curiosity sake, I put my black and blue outlaws side by side. Blacks plh is 3 millimeters or more higher than the blue. For further curiosity sake, I put the blue outlaw next to a DD freedom. They have almost identical PLH. Hmmmm? Very interesting indeed.

Would you be interested in trading/selling that blue?

On a positive note. I still love my Outlaws. I personally love that some runs are more/less stable. I know exactly which ones to pick out.

It doesn't work like that,you can only compare plh with the same molds for it to be useful. ie: outlaw with another outlaw.

I agree with booter.

The PLH on my rivals is like a brinster bird. The flight isn't close...nor do I expect it to be.

It doesn't work like that,you can only compare plh with the same molds for it to be useful. ie: outlaw with another outlaw.

Notice how I did state that I compared my black and blue outlaws first. Notice how much difference I found in the plh. It was damn near to the point that the black almost slid over the blue. So sorry for pointing out that these discs are inconsistent as anything Innova or any other company has done. Its really too bad because if this weren't the case, I was hoping Outlaws would be the answer for not having to hand pick through destroyers.

Sunday at the Hill in a 15mph wind my 167 orange fr flexed 400' around the corner on Long 4 with wind at 10 o'clock, flipped up to tight s-curve down a tunnel in a L-R wind, but faded a lot more than I expected and went OB left in a tailwind. I only threw my stable 175 white fr on a hyzer one time which it crushed in a L-R.

Saturday that same white was getting pushed around in 15+mph open course wind but some added hyzer helped unless it was a direct heady or gusting. I had a few white outlaws turn and burn early with 400' power on strong wind lower lines. I've heard others saying the red and purple fr are more overstable so I can't wait to throw the two I recently picked up to compare to my small stack of whites.

Edit: Nate you forgot to mention that you also compared the outlaw to the freedom, thus boots comment about same molds...

Last edited:
Notice how I did state that I compared my black and blue outlaws first. Notice how much difference I found in the plh. It was damn near to the point that the black almost slid over the blue. So sorry for pointing out that these discs are inconsistent as anything Innova or any other company has done. Its really too bad because if this weren't the case, I was hoping Outlaws would be the answer for not having to hand pick through destroyers.

Yeah...I caught that,my comment was because you compared an outlaw plh to a freedom. You don't have to apologize to me,I've known it and expected it.