• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] The Legacy Outlaw

Just about anything that doesn't have a fade of 4+ needs to be handpicked. PLH on any moderately stable discs is that important.

I've heard others saying the red and purple fr are more overstable so I can't wait to throw the two I recently picked up to compare to my small stack of whites.
I thought the Purples are generally more under stable. It's not based on personal experience but rather the video that Terry Miller posted of Rico throwing Outlaws at the USDGC.

I

By the way my production run blues are awesome, so if you like blue try one of the new ones instead, you wont be disappointed.

How do you know that for a fact though with previous history being no indicator of future runs?

On a positive note. I still love my Outlaws. I personally love that some runs are more/less stable. I know exactly which ones to pick out.

Again, HOW do you know exactly which ones to pick out?! Remember your knowledge on round plastic things and ability to eye them up is beyond most any average player let alone advanced one.....

Just about anything that doesn't have a fade of 4+ needs to be handpicked. PLH on any moderately stable discs is that important.

I think what you mean is any disc just needs to be handpicked. Fade has nothing to do with it IMO but believe it is harder to screw up molding a very OS disc.

yo AIM ..

cut-it-out-o.gif

you know i gots love for you my Ninja :) .. I cant really chime in because at my arm speed all Outlaws are overstable :p

AIM, anyone who follows the Legacy facebook pages would know the second runs came out domey, they even said they would be before they released them. The production run is closer to the FR though, Same PLH but a little more dome.. Not sure how they fly to be honest, but they look real good next to my FR's

I can't say every single disc in the production run is the same as mine, but of the 3 colors i got (white, blue, orange) they are all right on the money, even these new ones all have the same PLH between colors which is a great sign.

Anyone looking for a beefy Outlaw, just find a Legend plastic, the silver are perfect imo for even big headwinds.

Last edited:
AIM, anyone who follows the Legacy facebook pages would know the second runs came out domey, they even said they would be before they released them. The production run is closer to the FR though, Same PLH but a little more dome.. Not sure how they fly to be honest, but they look real good next to my FR's

I can't say every single disc in the production run is the same as mine, but of the 3 colors i got (white, blue, orange) they are all right on the money, even these new ones all have the same PLH between colors which is a great sign.

Anyone looking for a beefy Outlaw, just find a Legend plastic, the silver are perfect imo for even big headwinds.

Peter McBride said that his gunmetal legend outlaw is almost trick shot overstable.

Again, HOW do you know exactly which ones to pick out?! Remember your knowledge on round plastic things and ability to eye them up is beyond most any average player let alone advanced one.....

I think what you mean is any disc just needs to be handpicked. Fade has nothing to do with it IMO but believe it is harder to screw up molding a very OS disc.

Yeah true overstable discs are generally never flippy. Anything else I go based on feel and lining up PLH, which I do have a more advanced understanding of because I touch thousands of discs. Just takes some practice...or access to a large inventory...:D

Usually if it feels good in my hand, it throws well. Then I buy 5 more.

With the super overstable discs like the Firebird, you want flat. Dome = slower and more glide. Flat discs will cut through wind better and get to the ground faster, which is what you want in that style of disc.

yeah i have a 2nd Run Blue that is extreme puddle top.. i could eat cereal out of this damned thing.. havent tossed it yet though

My first run Pink is pretty Overstable, but my first run Green is really beefy. My favorites in normal conditions though are my 1st and 2nd run 167-168 outlaws. They have gotten pretty chunked up from the rocky course I play, but they fly for miles. They have a good amount of high speed turn, but still enough LSS to come back everytime, and can hold a hyzer without a problem. Even on sky Anny shots they fight to a left finish just at the end of their flight.

I have 30 outlaws and all are 1st and 2nd run so I haven't thrown a production yet. A local pro here switched out his 14 yr discraft only bag to mostly Legacy and the blue production run he has in the bag is what he throws most. From what I've heard, the production runs are pretty consistent and at the sweet spot stability wise. Lighter weights will have the most high speed turn, and if you want beefy go with a gunmetal legend outlaw.

gunmetals in most molds are usually freaky OS, i suggest the silver legend outlaws for a little extra beef.

The production run Icons i have are all very consistent, and same PLH as my FR Blue. But i only have Orange, White and Blue production runs. Production run came out PERFECT for all i'm concerned.

That's great to hear. I'll have to grab a couple production runs. I just got two slimes and two gunmetals and good god are those gunmetals crazy. The slime are functionally OS but the gunmetals are almost trick shot discs.

I'm loving this plastic blend Icon semi gummy. Are any other Legacy discs being run in this? Nemesis, Bandit?

So...Gunmetal legend Vs Giant?

My icon is a bomber. Destroyer reliability with wraith easy to throw. Longer Rival. A little turn/ flip/ drift and that forward fade. Not that impressed with the skip but I guess that is the softer Icon. Reminds me of a pro destroyer that's better in the wind. Can't wait to get my hands on a pinnacle.

How are the other legend colors working out?

My icon is a bomber. Destroyer reliability with wraith easy to throw. Longer Rival. A little turn/ flip/ drift and that forward fade. Not that impressed with the skip but I guess that is the softer Icon. Reminds me of a pro destroyer that's better in the wind. Can't wait to get my hands on a pinnacle.

Gunmetal is ultra beefy i dont like them, but the silver legend is more overstable than my icons, its straight with no turn and a little more fade out of the box, i have broken mine in to have some turn but still more reliable in wind. I prefer my white and Blue Icons for distance and most cases with lower wind.

Last edited:

Slime Legend are workable OS similarish to a Giant. Gunmetal is like faster FAF Firebird OS.

Was doing field work yesterday and getting my Outlaws out to about 450' mostly, a few 475'. haven't been able to hit 500 with them yet, need to work on my throw after sitting inside all winter, but i took my rampages out of the bag because i can throw my outlaws just as far most of the time with more control. How far are you guys throwing Outlaws? Compared to Rampage?