• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] The Legacy Outlaw

all of this years releases im looking forward to, prowler looks like its going to be a very reliable beaded putter for drives with good fade and obviously the control driver class Nemesis/Enemy which will replace the thunderbird/firebird setup.

I picked up what appears to be a SR Icon Outlaw, 168 and slightly domey. It's a dead ringer in flight for my worn-in 168 Star Destroyer. Less stable than your standard destroyer, but still has a strong finish. I could probably directly substitute one for the other, although the outlaw rim does feel slightly wider to me. I would be interested to see how a flatter or heavier one would fly.

The outlaw rim is a tiny bit wider than a destroyer, but less wide than a boss i believe. I missed the Second Runs but my FR and Production Outlaws are all nice and beefy out of the box.

Just threw my new pea green 166 at the soccer fields a bit. Wow. Instantly my new favorite driver. Seems like a hybrid of Destro and Tern. Like a more aerodynamic Destroyer really. Never seen such easy distance. I rarely throw over 350, so I must have one of the less stable ones. All future disc money is going into these to try to build up a variation in stabilities.

Just threw my new pea green 166 at the soccer fields a bit. Wow. Instantly my new favorite driver. Seems like a hybrid of Destro and Tern. Like a more aerodynamic Destroyer really. Never seen such easy distance. I rarely throw over 350, so I must have one of the less stable ones. All future disc money is going into these to try to build up a variation in stabilities.

Which stamp does your's have? That has a lot to do with stability as well as color.

I'm using mine for max D. I don't have a cannon of an arm but have put my second run pink out to the 380's. They have tons of glide and I like the slightly deeper rim feel that Legacy's molds tend to have.

Right now I'm bagging my slightly seasoned 2nd Run for max D and a freshish slime legend for stable lines and FH Max D. The slime flies like a moderately OS Destroyer with more glide. Also bag Giants for wind and big hyzers. Very consistant lineup for me for shots over 350'.

Still want a Pinn Outlaw, but it looks like I'll be waiting a while...

This one,
llgy-outlaw-ic.jpg

Blue production runs are nice and OS shouldn't see any turn on a clean 450 drive. White ones too.

Which stamp does your's have? That has a lot to do with stability as well as color.

It's funny that I see this so much with Legacy, yet all the fan boys are constantly talking about how wonderfully consistent they are. One seems to contradict the other. Am I missing something?

I had a purple Bandit that flew like 9/5/-4/0. Obviously, not all of them were like that. This last purchase of Outlaw and two Hunters were only my second purchase of Legacy, so that's all I know.

It's funny that I see this so much with Legacy, yet all the fan boys are constantly talking about how wonderfully consistent they are. One seems to contradict the other. Am I missing something?

yea there not perfect but at least better than innova.

I prefer different plastics/colors to fly differently anyways so i can carry variations of the same mold, as long as they are identical within colors thats all i care

in4d should be able to clear it up for you. He seems to know more about legacy than even the founders. :rolleyes:

The funny thing is, despite that talk, every Patriot I have, be it Pinnacle, Icon, or Excel, has the same PLH and damn near identical domes*.

*Except my 168 FR gummy Ivory Pinnacles :|

You can call me a Legacy fanboy if you want. Do I carry a almost 100% Legacy bag, yes I do. I love their plastics, and love the family atmosphere that comes with supporting a family run business. Saying that they are just as susceptible to variations within molds, colors, plastic types as Innova and the other large disc manufacturers. If you find a color, stamp that works with your game....buy a stack. Problem solved.

As much as I absolutely love Legacy they are the most inconsistent of anyone out there. They seem to embrace it though and talk about how certain runs and colors fly specific ways. It's almost like covering multiple roles with the same disc (because they're almost not the same disc.) I love their plastics, and the molds I throw are some of my favorites ever, but I don't think anyone has any place in defending Legacy being consistent when it comes to buying the same mold over years and getting the same flight. Even Steve Rico has his Aqua Rampage. Im ok with them embracing that role personally, and it's definitely led to a bigger collector's market than any other company their age.

People used to talk about the different flights of Discraft discs based on color, and Legacy has definitely made that more true than it ever was before.

^its honestly why I had I hard time with legacy early on and still do. Had rampages and cannons and all flew like eachother and totally different discs all together. It's OK to an extent but they don't make nearly the amount of discs innova or any other competing company at this point. It does not seem like they have done much to improve on it either.

I have always looked at Legacy like the Gateway DS of premium plastics.

Last edited:
The funny thing is, despite that talk, every Patriot I have, be it Pinnacle, Icon, or Excel, has the same PLH and damn near identical domes*.

I only have 1 outlaw ive thrown (166g Yellow FR) that flys noticeably different from my 20+ others that are all nearly identical PLH/Dome between first and third run icons, in fact all of the 3rd run (production run) i have are nearly identical to my first run blue and white, very good consistency from what i have collected. I didn't get any 2nd runs because Legacy FB collector page made it clear the second runs where going to be different, more domey/glidey, etc.

I'm not throwing 4-5 different colors though, i try to buy 4 identical same run and colors at a time. i think majority of the people into the Legacy have a different opinion on "consistency" and I dig it :thmbup:

Some people say their outlaw turns over out of the box and some people say they are meat hooks, i just dont see that drastic of variation with what i have, which is what everyone else has its not like i have special Outlaws that are perfect lol.. Two people can describe the same disc flys totally different depending on their skill level/form/etc so i wouldn't take those type of comments too seriously on a forum like this.

Last edited:
in4d, I am also a huge legacy fan. I have first runs of multiple colors, 2nd runs of multiple colors, Legend of all colors, and stock. There is definite variance in flight, and I am one person. I also like all of these variations. It's not an indictment of Legacy, it is just a fact.

I have 4 FR Outlaws, 3 of which I bag and also a production run I bag. I got what I thought I was getting and they're taking over my distance driver spot with 4 Outlaws bagged. Hope to pick up a few more soon...

in4d, I am also a huge legacy fan. I have first runs of multiple colors, 2nd runs of multiple colors, Legend of all colors, and stock. There is definite variance in flight, and I am one person. I also like all of these variations. It's not an indictment of Legacy, it is just a fact.

I beleive you and agree theres def variation out there, I just buy stacks of about 2 colors (usually white and blue) from run-to-run and dont notice much variation. At least compared to my destroyers.

Ive tried nearly every company and they all have variations in color/run/plastic so its not something you can get away from. Just support and throw the company that stands for something you agree with. :thmbup:

Latest posts