• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] The Legacy Outlaw

Just got my 4 Skullboy Icon Outlaws, and while I have not thrown them yet they are in the nicest plastic I have ever felt. I have a Cannon in the older, hard Icon and this plastic is nothing like that. Super soft and sticky. The two orange 167s have pop tops and the 2 175 purples are much flatter, but I wouldn't say they are completely flat. I hope these don't have (much) turn out of the box so that I can consider baggin them. They feel so good.

Pic:

16227417048_d729c21d34.jpg

I got a pink skulboy 168. Flip city - Mamba like. I'm really disappointed in the inconsistency. The legacy that I have that I like, I really like. The problem is: good luck finding another like it.

incredibly tempted to try out Outlaws against my Prodigy drivers ... I've got two white first runs, but don't really want to throw them :\ ... but they feel so goooood

I got a pink skulboy 168. Flip city - Mamba like. I'm really disappointed in the inconsistency. The legacy that I have that I like, I really like. The problem is: good luck finding another like it.

This is not what I wanted to hear.

To be fair I suppose I should acknowledge that in my experience legacy discs are consistent by run, color, and weight. So I would expect that if I got another second run, pink, 168, it would fly like the one I have. But change any one of those elements, run, color, or weight, and it could be anywhere from flippy to beefy, and the only way to find out is to get your hands on one and throw it. Unfortunately, however, the drivers at least, have not been consistent by mold.

Last edited:

wel...

To be fair I suppose I should acknowledge that in my experience legacy discs are consistent by run.....Unfortunately, however, the drivers at least, have not been consistent by mold.

This is my experience as well with a wild variation in molds but some top notch plastic and designs.

To be fair I suppose I should acknowledge that in my experience legacy discs are consistent by run, color, and weight. So I would expect that if I got another second run, pink, 168, it would fly like the one I have. But change any one of those elements, run, color, or weight, and it could be anywhere from flippy to beefy, and the only way to find out is to get your hands on one and throw it. Unfortunately, however, the drivers at least, have not been consistent by mold.

I just got a stack of production run Outlaws and they are all identical PLH to the blue first runs i have, which are my favorite ones. i stock piled blue FR like crazy in case i couldn't get good ones like that again, and now the latest production run is identical to them in both of the colors i ordered (blue/white). :wall: I guess thats a good thing :D

The only Outlaws i have seen with any real noticeable difference in flight are the second runs and obviously minimum weights and legend plastic (which is expected from any company, different plastics/weights will fly differently).

I remember team legacy sponsored players being excited and talking about "the second run is going to be more domey" run of them before they were released, so I'm pretty sure it was done purposely because the variation was wanted from some of the team members.

I have seen the majority of runs in all the molds that have come out of the Legacy factory in the past year and comparing the PLH to the previous run is always the first thing i do, the only difference i see all the time is between the different plastics and the occasional limited special runs, but its intended.. Production runs are solid.

From what i have gathered after talking with a few of the Team Legacy family it seems like everything they make is influenced heavily by Rico and the other top sponsored Professionals on their team, the development of the discs, what kind of flight they want, and the variation of the molds is all influenced by the input of their top Pros. So if they want one plastic or run to fly differently from the other, then that's what is going to get molded up. :thmbup:

Last edited:
Threw the purples a few times this morning and they flew great. Straight for 75% of the flight then faded. No turn to speak of but I was only throwing them 350-360 from a standstill in the snow, haha. If they do turn it won't be much. I'm definitely going to give these a shot in my bag. I hope they don't wear too quickly.

How far are you throwing?

And do you want to get rid of it?

Threw a red first run yesterday. Pretty damn OS

The heavy red FR were different from the rest, more OS. light weight first runs were different also, less stable than the average.. everything else ive thrown from FR is pretty close to the norm.

They are actually my favorite so if you dont like how OS it is, i would gladly trade with you for one thats more along the lines of "normal" stability for an outlaw.

Not my disc to trade but can see them being a solid stable outlaw for a longgggg time. tons of LSS but still flies unlike some other similar fade heavy molds.

Not my disc to trade but can see them being a solid stable outlaw for a longgggg time. tons of LSS but still flies unlike some other similar fade heavy molds.

Yea into a headwind they fly straight forever and i love the extra beef that makes it so reliable.

The Silver Legends i have are also beefy like the red icon, but i love the feel of that icon.