• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

the most understable disc

MotoDj

Double Eagle Member
what is the most understable disc for an approach shot?
some thing understable outta the box for a 200ft or less approach,
really flippy
hopefully in durable plastic
putter/driver/mids - anything thats an easy turnover disc

as votes come in, has anyone "tuned" a star stingray (or similar) to be as understable as a beat dx stingray? i'm thinkin i might have to have a beat disc for this shot since it IS an approach so i wont be able to "snap" and turn it over like my roadrunner

A beat up cobra, shark, or roc

Star Stingray would probably be the easiest to get a hold of. If you can find them, Star Cobra or Champion Cobra would work too. If you don't mind something less durable, a DX Wolf is very understable.

I have a wolf that's so beat it's almost no good. It will turn on it's side and roll around after it hits the ground making it useless to me. I have a champ panther that's really understable. And just recently got an old dx XD that's beat up. So far I love it for the understable upshot/approach. It has the ontario addy on the bottom and what I assume was the old stamp. I swear the plastic feels as good or better than my pro pig, because it has obviously taken a beating and still flies good. Twas a nice find.

gotta agree with yonderscott. an XD will flip real easily. i'm a total noodle arm and i turn the thing over constantly. usually doesn't go terribly far like that either so it could be just what you're looking for in a short anny approach.

actually... yonderscott, you got a pic of that XD? i'd love to see what the old stamp looks like.

most straight putters... i use my magic... bet you guys haven't heard me shout that out before.

But thats not what you wanted to hear probably.... so hows about the Wolf.

Yeah, that thing is just stupid understable. Might as well throw a paper plate.

For something with usability, my vote is for a beat up Stratus.

i just threw a paper plate down the hallway... it turned over, went upside down, turned rightside up, turned over, and then hit the ground. hyzer release at about 90* of course.

Rattler was my best approach and pretty understable disc out of the box until it tacoed. It was the older ProD plastic, I've felt it in the new ProD and feels much more durable. The Puttr X is also very understable out of the box.

Rattler was my best approach and pretty understable disc out of the box until it tacoed. It was the older ProD plastic, I've felt it in the new ProD and feels much more durable. The Puttr X is also very understable out of the box.
i could have sworn only mark ellis threw those

DX Stingray will stay flipped so easily. I love it on short shots. It takes no power to keep going right!