• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

the most understable disc

i could have sworn only mark ellis threw those

LOL...people would look at me funny when I busted out the Rattler, but then after parking the basket they are like whats that disc? Rattler! I haven't seen anyone else throw one though.

It is when thrown at its proper speed, which is pretty fast, so probably not gonna work unless you up shot is 320+ feet.

I often upshot from 320 . . . after I nail a tree 30' off the tee!

LOL...people would look at me funny when I busted out the Rattler, but then after parking the basket they are like whats that disc? Rattler! I haven't seen anyone else throw one though.

Mark Ellis uses it. So yea. Ive never tried the rattler... i want to.. I will soon.

I found a beat-to-piss 147g aviar today. It turns right at putting speed.

Beat up whatever mid you're carrying now. May take time but you'll have the same feel and release on your mids.

As far as understable is concerned from 200' and in, I just got myself a Z Putt'r that is supposed to hold a very nice anny line and seems like it will do just the trick for such shots. I also have an rPro Dart and an rPro Aviar that work well for those shots.

You want something durable soooo ignore all DX suggestions...you want a Mid so throw out all driver suggestions....Since I am an Innova Slut, Leaves my conclusion to be a champion panther, star stingray, star kite or if you don t mind a bit less durable the r-pro skeeter. I'd suggest getting these in as light a weight possible to increase the speed thrown and thus accelerate the understability characteristics.......just a question though...Why not just throw a regular mid with a bunch of anny?

BTW my question re why not anny was not an insult I was wondering if it was a low ceiling or if there was some reason you could not anny there...I have been struggling with certain similiar situations on my home courses.

Well, Optidisc finally brought out the right answer IMO, which is a Kite. My old standby was Stingray but a kite has the same right curve and less fade. I use the Kite for short anny shots and a Rodruner for long ones. I dont beleive in "counting" on beating a disc into right where you want it. It just seems so..."uncivilized" :O

Problem with using an anny angle on the release is if you give the disc enough time, it will fade; not enough time and it will roll.

Still, what might be safer is to learn forehand, then you can just use your most overstable disc.

so im not reading all this right now...but I would suggest the discraft meteor..I got one if you wanna try it out sometime! Its a very nice mid...good hyzer flipper or if thrown flat with some power it will either stay straight or glide, and not fade back....it only comes in ESP plastic too ;) 2006 Ace race Disc

PS and as it try out I mean throw it a few times...its MINE lol

actually... yonderscott, you got a pic of that XD? i'd love to see what the old stamp looks like.

A little late...
DSC01403.jpg

When I first bought my Wolf I hated how understable it was. It goes right no matter what I do. I now find it to be one of the most useful shots I have. It only comes in DX plastic though.

As for understable drivers, my monarch is great. Out of the box it would drift right before fading left, but that it is beat in it is a great anny disc.

My anny discs for that range are a 168g ESP Comet and a 150g champ Leopard. They go wherever you throw and the comet can go a loooooong way if you need it to