• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] The mythical Innova ROC

After reading Koda's comments about the yellow KCs I bought up the remaining yellows Marshall Street had (marked KCR, KC.R, and KC-R), and I see what he means about them. Compared to a current year off-white CFR the PLH on the yellows look to be even higher comparatively than even in Koda's pictures. They're also considerably firmer, but the domes are taller on the yellows. I wonder if the CFR stamp is partially responsible for the dome difference. I can't wait to give one a toss tomorrow to see how much beefier they are.

Yeah, I bought the last ones gggt had and found they aren't as flat as the others I bought previously...so I can take that back. More dome than I stated initially but still not as domey as their stock off white kc.

I love them, got like 8 now. I should be set for a cycle for a couple years, they are wearing like iron. Of course I'll go get more though. ;)

I have to say, I'm quite disappointed by the new KC Rocs. I've been throwing Rocs for about 7 years but haven't had to order any for about three years. I just received a couple white 180 g KC Rocs in the mail and the inside of the rim has changed significantly. It's almost like the plus mold. Without reading through 37 pages, can someone tell me when this happened?

I've heard from a few roc guys that the rocs are now "plussy" but it doesn't bother me.

The 11x I had was definitely different but I'm not even mad as long as I can keep finding good stiff, matte, overstable rocs.

They are definitely plussy. I love the non-plus rimmed versions, but here in Finland they are PITA to find. I've been playing around with a plussy and almost glossy suuuuuper stiff kc and loving it for its overstability and glide.

I got 4 F2s from the factory store about a month ago and asked for yellow after Kodachromes report. They sent me white with black flecks that my wife calls cookies and cream. Dome and PLH are pretty similar on all, but I went to the local shop to look for a yellow and brought my favorite of the four with me to compare. The yellow they had there was just as domey but the plh was noticeable higher so I grabbed it. However my cookies and creams from the factory store had much higher plh than the whites or blues that they had there and the domes were better too. I did find a white dx with less dome and a higher plh than even the yellow, but I am really pleased with the four F2s I got even if the rim is ten percent plussy.

Well if that's the way it is, I might as well switch to a gummy champ roc plus for durability and grip. However, i experimented with one of those over the summer and it slipped out early pretty much every time. Im very disappointed. I'm thinking I might be in the market for a new mid at this point...

I've heard from a few roc guys that the rocs are now "plussy" but it doesn't bother me.

The 11x I had was definitely different but I'm not even mad as long as I can keep finding good stiff, matte, overstable rocs.

Yeah they're def. Different now. I call them "wonky" rim rocs lol. Not sure what happened to cause them to start coming out slanted but they surely do. In the end though it's just a minor difference and they still fly great.

Yeah, I am a known hater of plus rims but on mids it doesn't really bother me. The wider the rim is the more it will mess with my throw.

I've also noticed the plus rims on the last few flat tops I've bought. I've sorta gotten used to it. I've got a marshall street flat top that's been in the bag for a while and it's got the plus type rim. The grip feels the same and it doesn't affect my release.

I've also noticed the plus rims on the last few flat tops I've bought. I've sorta gotten used to it. I've got a marshall street flat top that's been in the bag for a while and it's got the plus type rim. The grip feels the same and it doesn't affect my release.

Yep, all of the recent flat tops I've gotten have been like this. I also really don't notice a difference.

I have to say, I'm quite disappointed by the new KC Rocs. I've been throwing Rocs for about 7 years but haven't had to order any for about three years. I just received a couple white 180 g KC Rocs in the mail and the inside of the rim has changed significantly. It's almost like the plus mold. Without reading through 37 pages, can someone tell me when this happened?

I noticed it started happening in 2010. I'll occasionally find a more recent run that feels okay, but I've mostly given up on them. That's why I stocked up long ago, basically anything pre flight numbers is a "good" Roc.

I noticed it started happening in 2010. I'll occasionally find a more recent run that feels okay, but I've mostly given up on them. That's why I stocked up long ago, basically anything pre flight numbers is a "good" Roc.

Good to know. And the search begins. Actually, the Roc I'm trying to replace was a black KC Roc, 180 g. It would warm up in the sun to provide phenomenal grip... I digress. Pretty sure it had flight numbers on it and the rim was legit. Nevertheless, pre-numbers would be guaranteed to be plus-free then. I thank you for that

I was thumbing through the local shop's factory second discs and found a pink dx roc. It was older (Pat #'s) and had 4 stamps laid over each other of the production stamp. This is possibly the best feeling dx plastic that I have ever felt and it is really stable. Only $5.99!

In short, if you are looking for an older run Roc look no further than somewhere that sells x-outs :clap:. There were a lot of older run discs that they just got in. (I also bought an champ Eagle-L that had pat #'s, it was a dead ringer for my 11x so it may be one for only $9.99)

I was thumbing through the local shop's factory second discs and found a pink dx roc. It was older (Pat #'s) and had 4 stamps laid over each other of the production stamp. This is possibly the best feeling dx plastic that I have ever felt and it is really stable. Only $5.99!

In short, if you are looking for an older run Roc look no further than somewhere that sells x-outs :clap:. There were a lot of older run discs that they just got in. (I also bought an champ Eagle-L that had pat #'s, it was a dead ringer for my 11x so it may be one for only $9.99)

They still havent taken the patent numbers off of the Rancho Roc mold yet so nothing too special there and the Champ Eagle L is old stock. THey are all like that.

They still havent taken the patent numbers off of the Rancho Roc mold yet so nothing too special there and the Champ Eagle L is old stock. THey are all like that.

For the price I paid I am happy. Didn't realize that Pat #'s are still on the Rocs, either way no plus mold, not sure if those are showing up on the dx too like was mentioned earlier about the KC Pros.