• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] The mythical Innova ROC

IMAG0022_zpsxn79jlkc.jpg

I know it's (probably) not the case, but it looks like the yellow is a smaller diameter than the white. Crazy perspective!

And for those interested in seeing the profile difference, click the quote since this pic is in the same post.

I just read up on Kodachrome's yellow Roc love. I actually have a couple from that run - one yellow and two white. They're all stiff and very stable. You can crank on them all you want and they'll just hold and then fade as soon as they start losing steam.

I still got a couple Yellow 180's. Very stiff and stable.

And I'm throwing Verdicts/Truth. WTF?

I don't know yet what I'll do, I can never make up my mind on discs very easily.

Man---I have been trying out Rocs in the bag, and bought a few of 8/10 stiff 11x Roc's because that is what a lot of people recommend. Currently, I have been trying them up against a Truth and a Verdict.

All I can say is I must have got some bad ones, because they flip so easily. Compared to throwing my BioFuzion Truth and Lucid Verdict (which don't flip at all). I could flip all three of the Roc's I bought.

Very puzzling. Not quite sure what is going on. Most people say that they can really depend on a Roc for stability. That was not the case with mine (max weight 8/10 condition).

Any thoughts?

Man---I have been trying out Rocs in the bag, and bought a few of 8/10 stiff 11x Roc's because that is what a lot of people recommend. Currently, I have been trying them up against a Truth and a Verdict.

All I can say is I must have got some bad ones, because they flip so easily. Compared to throwing my BioFuzion Truth and Lucid Verdict (which don't flip at all). I could flip all three of the Roc's I bought.

Very puzzling. Not quite sure what is going on. Most people say that they can really depend on a Roc for stability. That was not the case with mine (max weight 8/10 condition).

Any thoughts?

No clue. You should not be able to flip a new max weight 11x stiff roc. Espicially if you cannot flip a truth because a truth is quite easy to flip. Id say its form issues but if you arent flipping a truth then thats not the case.

Any thoughts?
Rocs are sensitive to torque/wrist angle and the Truth/Verdict combo cover it up.

Any thoughts?

Check your grip when you grip the Roc. Make sure it's square to your hand. I know I've in the past moved my grip to far over on top which when you come into the rip flips the disc OATing it. I'd bet money your grip is off.

Yellow DX's are very nice as well. Blues are usually decent as well.

Most of the yellow KC Rocs and Aviars I've thrown are decently stable/overstable.

Yellow orange and purple have always been great dx colors for me.

I just bought the last three yellow KC Rocs Marshall St had. Happy to hear you say that!

My 2013 Roc vs Buzz yellow rocs from 2013 are good replacements for my 11x. Stiff, dome, and high profile makes it overstable goodness.

Last edited:
I'm throwing a friend's white 2014 RvB KC to beat some stability out of it for him so I can't wait to compare the two when my yellows show up.

I'm throwing a friend's white 2014 RvB KC to beat some stability out of it for him so I can't wait to compare the two when my yellows show up.

It should be great discs for dunham when it is windy. My 2013 RvB have patent numbers. Innova may of grab from an older stack when stamping my discs. I'll try to go to the nati shop and compare them to the yellow 180s on the rack. I wonder if the shop has any more of theses or if I bought the last of them.

Ive only seen one release of them, and that was for the Beaver State Fling this year. They were released on Disc GOlf Values. I dont think they are a stock thing.
Cool. Are we talking about the same thing? (See attachment)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 67