• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] The mythical Innova ROC

I got a domey KC from the Ice Bowl and couldn't stand it. It was my first Roc experience and kind of turned me off of them, although recently I got another DX one that is flat and feels nice. I haven't had a chance to try it yet but certainly feels more comfortable in my hand.

that kc roc doesn't look too bad to me. dome = more glide and more beef.

If you like domey rocs that's fine and I'm not trying to be argumentative, but the domey ones are NOT beefier. If you look at the pic i posted, and it may not be easy to see cuz it's not a great pic, but the XT roc has a PLH that is WAY higher. The flat XT is WAY beefier, all it takes is one throw to see difference.

All this talk of domey rocs being typical or normal or good makes me sad. Yall can have them, innova sure makes plenty.

Truth. I've got some domey ones with a pretty high PLH though. I just like the dome for the extra glide. And before I had beat Rocs and I paired them with Comets, the dome helped make them feel more similar and just got used to it.

I know the Roc+ catches a lot of flak but I have a champion from 2010 USDGC and it flies fantastic. Just standard champion as far as I can tell. A touch more distance and a touch less overstable than my 2011 champ Rancho USDGC.

I grabbed an old but unused R-pro Roc+ from storage a couple of weeks ago and it's just straight and easy. In a recent tourney my drivers were not coming out right and this disc saved my ass. I like the low dome and release I'm getting.

I would prefer the one on the right myself. Even dome, not flat, will fall with use to get flatter and will season to that super straight shot even on a full pull as hard as I can. I threw domey dx rocs for a bit and they were glide MONSTERS. I liked them but I just like the other, more proper rocs more.

Ive only had 3, but my experience with the xt rocs is that they are real straight and hss, but not much fade. So I really don't feel that they are that os for a roc, even with the plh, but that's just after only having two max weight. Maybe I will try them again.

Yeah, my limited experience with flatties is that they are dead straight. Then again I don't recall PLH on any of them and I have a pretty small sample size.

I've often swapped in flat-topped KCs if I've lost a beat-to- straight or turnover KC. They've always flown faster and straighter. More speed, less glide. they are the Buzzz of Rocs. Nonetheless, I couldn't help but order a couple XTs last evening after seeing those photos and pawing at one in Cincinnati a few weeks ago. Really nice plastic. I'll give one or two a go.

But those recent domey yellows (and oranges) are money. Good and OS, and glidey for days.

Ive only had 3, but my experience with the xt rocs is that they are real straight and hss, but not much fade. So I really don't feel that they are that os for a roc, even with the plh, but that's just after only having two max weight. Maybe I will try them again.

My XT's (sample size of 2) are not what I would call OS, and I don't think they have a ton of fade either. Definitely more then todays average KCP for sure, but not a LOT more. As far as HSS goes tho they are awesome. They're not OVERSTABLE at high speed, but they do not move at ALL out of my hand, thrown as hard as I can. On a dead flat, hard release the XT's will hold that flat line for a long time and get good glidely roc fade. Whereas the domey KCP's I've thrown on that same line (even brand new) will want to wiggle to the right and not want to come back very far at the end but they will glide for days. Great for mild, glidely hyzers (one of my favorite shots in the woods)not so great flat to fade or moderate flex shots.

That XT plastic is REALLY dependable too. My main thrower I've been trying to break in has been an exercise in futility. It doesn't chuck or ding, it just kinda scratches, and even after 4 days of heavy discing in Charlotte with LOTS of tree bashes it still will not show the SLIGHTIEST flip up from hyzer or drift right from flat.

It actually works perfect. I lost my 2 go to thrower rocs a few weeks ago and I've replaced them back to a complete set up very quickly. A McPro roc3 broke into a late turner in a couple of weeks, the XT's will NOT break in to show any turn yet, so that domey KCP covers shots where I want a little flip while I wait for an XT to show it.

That sounds awesome, Im gonna have to try them again, I don't think I was getting much fade, just real straight without drifting right, but I am probably lumping them in with the flat topped kcs I have had. Either way I liked the plastic, and if you don't like hunting for your perfect roc constantly, it is REAL NICE to be able to order online!

Former Roc-Addict here to say that I have relapsed....

It appears that this time it will stay with me for good.
So much glide. The Roc is just the disc that has always clicked with my playing style.

Any Body else throw all three of the VRocs (VRoc, VRoc3, Rocamunga) and think they all fly the same. I have a few of each and they are all slightly OS IMO. None of them were really great. I was really dissappointed with the Rocamunga. I was hoping for a truly OS Roc but all I got was slightly OS. Maybe once the Champs comes out it will be better but so far for me they are not that great.

Haven't thrown all three yet. Just rocamonga. Idk what I was expecting but didn't really enjoy it

Former Roc-Addict here to say that I have relapsed....

It appears that this time it will stay with me for good.
So much glide. The Roc is just the disc that has always clicked with my playing style.

Welcome back! Can't go wrong with a Roc!

Anyone put hands on the 2015 USDGC Rocs yet? They've been out for 8 whole days and no chatter about them? A little flatter and beefier this year over last, I hope.