• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] The mythical Innova ROC

Anyone put hands on the 2015 USDGC Rocs yet? They've been out for 8 whole days and no chatter about them? A little flatter and beefier this year over last, I hope.

The options for Champ Roc replacements are just so abundant now. That is the my issue.
$25 for a Champ Roc... or just throw my Eclipse Vectors that are beefy, crazy long and easy to acquire in a pinch.

I am leaning Vector

I feel you Cassidy, but they're not Rocs. I mean, I throw Sanny Sentinels in that slot, but still buy a USDGC Roc every year and throw it for a while. Nothing beats my '06, but I don't like throwing that one anymore. And I have Q Sents enough for years. Still, not a Roc. And Rocs are more better.

I feel you Cassidy, but they're not Rocs. I mean, I throw Sanny Sentinels in that slot, but still buy a USDGC Roc every year and throw it for a while. Nothing beats my '06, but I don't like throwing that one anymore. And I have Q Sents enough for years. Still, not a Roc. And Rocs are more better.

Hence my internal struggle! :\

You just can't say "I throw Rocs for all mid-range shots" and bag another disc as your OS Roc.
It just doesn't work that way.

And we all know us DGCR guys care about being able to say that. Truly I do :|

DGU '01 CE remake Flat Top Soft Star Rancho Roc --> Most stable Roc I've thrown

<s>Yeah I'll just go out and buy one of those straight away so I have a nice OS Roc.</s>

Seriously though, I've thrown a champ VRoc and a GStar VRoc3. The GStar VRoc3 was a little better to me. It started out pretty long and straight with a healthy fade at the end. However, after a few weeks it started to lose the fade and was just straight and I have discs I like better for that shot (Roc3 or beat in XT Roc for example), so I took it out of the bag. The champ VRoc was actually a bit shorter and more OS than the VRoc3. I already have a Gator and a Pig, so I really never saw a place for it in my bag. To me, both the VRoc and VRoc3 felt and looked about the same; the biggest difference seemed to be the plastic they were in. I haven't tried the Rocamonga. I'd try a Rocamonga or any of the VRoc family again if they just ran them in XT. Love XT plastic.

The options for Champ Roc replacements are just so abundant now. That is the my issue.
$25 for a Champ Roc... or just throw my Eclipse Vectors that are beefy, crazy long and easy to acquire in a pinch.

I am leaning Vector

Fresh proton Vector max weight fills that mythical "overstable Roc" slot in my bag between a champ Gator and esp Buzz. I do have a few beat DX Rocs but they fill the understable mid role along side a fresh DX Cobra. Not going to bite on the $25 champ Rocs but I want to...but I won't.

Can you compare a fresh max weight proton Vector vs a fresh champ max weight Roc? And maybe a fresh max weight Wasp in Z...

Fresh proton Vector max weight fills that mythical "overstable Roc" slot in my bag between a champ Gator and esp Buzz. I do have a few beat DX Rocs but they fill the understable mid role along side a fresh DX Cobra. Not going to bite on the $25 champ Rocs but I want to...but I won't.

Can you compare a fresh max weight proton Vector vs a fresh champ max weight Roc? And maybe a fresh max weight Wasp in Z...

I love Vectors. They're awesome. I've never purchased a "new" USDGC Roc until now but I've thrown several of them.

They have all been more OS than a Vector. Really they've had a lot less glide and increased LSS.

Wasps for the most part are flatter and have a bit more stability vs. a Vector. That said, Wasps can be all over the place in terms of shape/dome.

One thing of note is that the Vector does feel a bit "faster" than a Roc. On good rips, the Vector is reaching into fairway driver territory.

The USDGC Champ Rocs rival Champ Gators in sheer overstability.

Vector feels a lot more like an old San Marino Q-Sentinel than a Champ Roc, but in the hand and in it's speed/flight. Lower profile, faster, longer, although the Sentinel has greater LSF. To me, Champ Rocs are not as long as my beloved KCs, so the Sentinel is the better partner. The Champ Rocs overlap with my Zone too much, while Sentinels and Vectors both push up on fairway distances.

I carry a x-out rings USDGC Champ Roc, and have a fresh one for back up and for short range thumbers it's the disc I reach for. For OS backhand I prefer either a fresh KC or my Champ Gator. I'd love to just bag Rocs and be done with it but the truth is my game isn't there and I like to have discs I can rely on from those trouble lies I find myself in from time to time.

Ahhh man can't order one from my phone more less want one to just try out and throw hopefully I'm able to snag one before they are sold.out no biggie

Last year's USDGC champ rocs weren't OS at all, at least the two I got weren't. I got two of this year's, but I may just wait until the x-outs come out for throwers. Right now my best OS roc is my 06. I got it used last year, and it's the best champ roc I've ever thrown. Recently got a new one, but I almost hate to throw it.

I took out my Rocs for Roc3's. I love em. The glide is noticeable being champion and star plastics, but this just makes them easier to range and I can keep a sweet spot much longer.

Im carrying a domey 1x, flat 3x, and a star all 175. So far liking it. The star hopefully will beat in a tad faster. The domey one definitely glides further and fades less but is still super HSS.

I took out my Rocs for Roc3's. I love em. The glide is noticeable being champion and star plastics, but this just makes them easier to range and I can keep a sweet spot much longer.

Im carrying a domey 1x, flat 3x, and a star all 175. So far liking it. The star hopefully will beat in a tad faster. The domey one definitely glides further and fades less but is still super HSS.

I've been throwing my champ roc 3 alot more but I can't drop the dx roc cycle. I do really want to try one of those star roc 3s though. The flat ones look nice.

I pawed a Star Roc3 last week and pondered one but I set it back down and walked away.

Made the run of all the newer and newest roc variations and I've gone back to KC and DX Rocs.

Never thought I would say it, but I love how DX Roc's fly.

I pawed a Star Roc3 last week and pondered one but I set it back down and walked away.

Made the run of all the newer and newest roc variations and I've gone back to KC and DX Rocs.

Never thought I would say it, but I love how DX Roc's fly.

The older dx rocs are sweet! Nothing I've thrown flies as straight as one broken in. Glad I have a nice stash of those.

I'm not a fan of the DX feel last time I was able to shop in person for discs. Feels waxy? if anyone gets that. Nothing like all the older stuff I have. I'm down to 2 fresh Marshall street Flat top Rocs and just don't feel like having to constantly order em. At least if I lose a Roc3, I can head to Dick's Sporting goods and buy a new one no problem.