• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Official 'Ask Paul McBeth' Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never thrown an Aviar in my life in all honesty. I have been throwing clutches, before that magnets, and before that Wizards. I'll buy a few maybe and perhaps i'll be a convert. Roc3 from everything i've been hearing is going to be pretty much the disc i've wanted for a long time. Is it going to come out in McPro also, or just champion?
I started with aviars moved to magnets then back to aviars so it really wasn't much of a switch for me. A bit more stability but still the same kind of glide and distance

He definitely did. You can see some on the coverage of the Memorial on DGPlanet.

I think everyone that's near the top at the Memorial has OB strokes to deal with. You have to play somewhat aggressive to win there and that brings the water into play a lot more than safe play.

I've noticed you wearing the super tight fit under armour. Is that just a leftover comfort thing from baseball or do you feel like it gives you a competitive advantage. I'm undecided as to how I feel about it from my experience.

Hi Paul!
I've heard you talking about the Krait..vad do you like about it over the wraith or Destroyer?
Maybe it's something for me?...need something i can put up to 410-430 pretty easy...today i can put a teebird to 390 pretty easy

Speaking of tournaments: You earned your spot to play in the National Players Challenge Championships here in Russellville, Arkansas May 25-26 from the Minnesota Majestic and Brittany won hers by playing the Mango Classic in Florida. Registration is up and ends May 1, 2013.......What are your chances of making this trip? Its two weeks before the KC Open which is 5 1/2 hours north of Russellville, AR. Plus looks like some great players and great payout is coming back again this year! www.npctour.com for registration.

I've noticed you wearing the super tight fit under armour. Is that just a leftover comfort thing from baseball or do you feel like it gives you a competitive advantage. I'm undecided as to how I feel about it from my experience.

I used to wear them in baseball if you ever see me or pictures you can see the scaring and damage on the bottom of my forearms. It really just transfered over to disc golf as a warmth factor.

Looking back on them, how many were bad luck?

Most OB are bad shots I dont think any of them were bad luck..... I know my final hole 18 at fountain hills I tried to intentionally throw OB by the basket so I had a easy lay up 4 but got.lucky and it stayed in bounds.

Congrats on the world title!

I see you are located in Huntington Beach. My sister just recently moved there for a job opportunity. I will probably visit her a few times through out the year. What are your recommendations on courses I should try while in the area? Thanks...

Hi Paul!
I've heard you talking about the Krait..vad do you like about it over the wraith or Destroyer?
Maybe it's something for me?...need something i can put up to 410-430 pretty easy...today i can put a teebird to 390 pretty easy

I wouldnt say I like it more than my destroyer it has a nice place between my destroyers amd teebirds.... It has the glide that can make it go just as far as my destroyers but has a straighter flight and will not flip and roll for me.

Speaking of tournaments: You earned your spot to play in the National Players Challenge Championships here in Russellville, Arkansas May 25-26 from the Minnesota Majestic and Brittany won hers by playing the Mango Classic in Florida. Registration is up and ends May 1, 2013.......What are your chances of making this trip? Its two weeks before the KC Open which is 5 1/2 hours north of Russellville, AR. Plus looks like some great players and great payout is coming back again this year! www.npctour.com for registration.

Honestly I don't think ill be heading there this year I heard some bad feedback about your "$10,000" purse.

Congrats on the world title!

I see you are located in Huntington Beach. My sister just recently moved there for a job opportunity. I will probably visit her a few times through out the year. What are your recommendations on courses I should try while in the area? Thanks...

There is one in Huntington Beach as Central Park. There are 2 courses in La Mirada a state park has one called Prado and the newest one is Goat Hill in Oceanside on a golf course... Those are all within and hour... Oh and wrightwood is a great mountain course but its only open in the summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts