• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] The Prowler

does have a very similar feel but a smaller profile doesn't feel as big and rounded as the wizard.. if that makes sense lol 10-10 on the practice basket thus far :p

does have a very similar feel but a small low profile doesn't feel was big and rounded as the wizard.. if that makes sense lol

Is the shoulder as droopy as they appear in the few pics I've seen?

The pics made it look like the nose is set a tad lower which would lead me to believe it is less OS out of the box.

Hmm not sure here is a pic of mine but first feel and putt I'd say its not as os as a wizard but I haven't actually thrown them yet just putting I'll let you know though

Oops here is pic ... Been perfect for my spush putt

Attachments

• IMG_20150902_173126874_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20150902_173126874_HDR.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 115
Is the shoulder as droopy as they appear in the few pics I've seen?

The pics made it look like the nose is set a tad lower which would lead me to believe it is less OS out of the box.

I think this is what makes it have more glide for a beaded putter, almost like more of the disc is the dome.

also fwiw mine are 170 so as far as stability take that for what you will .. i tossed them a few times in the field and has a nice smooth and clean release off the hand i dig it .. was pretty much dead nuts with a slight left finish .. if cranked on flat i could get a lil turn but with a hyzer release it gooooeeesss .. will get them in the bag for some true rounds this weekend but just playing around with them i think my clozers are in trouble

another night with them on the practice basket and so stoked! these are going straight into the bag .. will keep some clozers in there for now just b/c i have some nicely seasoned ones for upshots and drives but giving the prowlers a shot at the putting duties .. just comes out so smooth and natural for me .. i love it! :thmbup:

another night with them on the practice basket and so stoked! these are going straight into the bag .. will keep some clozers in there for now just b/c i have some nicely seasoned ones for upshots and drives but giving the prowlers a shot at the putting duties .. just comes out so smooth and natural for me .. i love it! :thmbup:

Thats what's been happening to my bag, i'll keep my trusty 10 year old magnet in for long anny's still but Prowlers are in.

I won one of these recently - are they a regular production mold? Legacy doesn't even list it on their webpage.

Legacy has been slacking a bit on their web page but the Prowler is indeed a regular rotation disc. The first runs came out a short while ago. hang on a second...

Legacy_2015_Flight-Chart-ICON.png

I picked up one of these the other day on a whim and am absolutely loving it. I haven't gotten to play a round with it and I've only really used it for about a half hour total, but I can't say enough how good it feels in my hand, and how clean of a release I get.

I have smaller hands, and while I liked Wizards, they were always a tad too deep to be truly comfortable.

From the first putt I sank with it I've had confidence in the thing. First putter I've tried that I've felt that way, and I've been through a lot of different putters.

I've got two sessions (3 rounds total) done with the Sparkle Prowler, I think I'm going to stick with it over my Icon Clutch. Maybe it's the small bead, maybe it's the Sparkle having just a different tactile feel than the Icon or maybe it's the Prowler having a neat stamp (US Masters) compared to the bland, vanilla production run stamp on the Clutch with the numbers :p , but it seems to be working slightly better. Only downside so far is that chains/baskets don't seem to love the Prowler, have to land it soft and low on the chains dead center or it'll come out :thmbdown: (yes, even had spit-throughs and hitting dead in the heart of chains only to get a pole-out).

With the shortened winter layouts, I've even found myself throwing it off the tee (as well as the Hunter), though it's not quite as stable as maybe I'd like it to be for those purposes, have to finesse the touch a bit too much, don't have as much of an error margin as I would say with a VIP Harp (which I used to own).

This is a really weird putter but i like it. The lower nose and bead seem like a unique combo. Its slightly understable when mashed on hard but holds a line like a lot of beaded discs and doesnt flip up or over into a hard turn. The fade when thrown on a hyzer is a nice glidey FW finish without any real bite even nose up short approaches.

Dont think ill keep it in the bag as i dont have any real use but glad i got to try it out. FWIW mine is a lighter blue baseline plastic. Pretty hard stuff in the MN winter.

I have been contemplating switching from my Wizards to another putter. I have a pair of protege Clozers that I really like. Are people liking these more than their Clozers?

For straight up putting they are fairly similar in feel to a wizard. But for throwing they aren't going to be stable enough. They fly like a beat wizard.

They also have a narrower rim that didn't work as well with my normal power grip for full throws.

For straight up putting they are fairly similar in feel to a wizard. But for throwing they aren't going to be stable enough. They fly like a beat wizard.

They also have a narrower rim that didn't work as well with my normal power grip for full throws.

Thanks, I am looking for a new putter that is strictly putting. Been in a funk lately, think I'll stick with the clozers since I already have them. Kinda hoping for something that putts like a glidey wizard

Kinda off topic a smidge, but what would be a lower profile wizard? I like wizards but have smaller hands and they are just too deep. I remember throwing a proto Steady but the plastic was too soft for my liking. I really like Pa3s but I am still looking for alternatives.