• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] The Reptilian Disc Golf Thread

Just left Gateway. I was able to fondle the second batch of Fossil Wizards which, like Allen said, are much firmer than what I felt previously .

They're not board stiff (still at least 10 lbs. Over the flex limit) but they're taut, gritty and pretty fantastic. Very similar to the last run of white Fossil Wiz that were a little less firm than the blues.

The Fossil Flex Wizards are also super nice.
A full run of gritty, SSS Fossil run that I think will likely become my new go to putting blend.

I'm working on getting these stamped up and available very soon.

Just left Gateway. I was able to fondle the second batch of Fossil Wizards which, like Allen said, are much firmer than what I felt previously .

They're not board stiff (still at least 10 lbs. Over the flex limit) but they're taut, gritty and pretty fantastic. Very similar to the last run of white Fossil Wiz that were a little less firm than the blues.

A full run of gritty, SSS Fossil run that I think will likely become my new go to putting blend.

:clap: Very good news...maybe not for my wallet though. What stamp are you thinking for this go around?

The first run Fossil flexes have become my go to putting putter. Have been money since the temps started to dropped below 60.

Must resist temptation to try a fossil flex wizard. I need to have fewer discs, not more.

Got my newly stamped Stego today. 1st, it seems a little for flexible than the first runs I got, which I like. Second, it has a slight dome. Nothing really notable, but the center of the flight plate does lift up to the height of the spoiler wing. Doesn't change the disc at all, just an interesting note.

Anyway, the disc is mint green with a green holographic foil and looks AWESOME!!! Combine that with the slightly softer feel (more SSS-ish than Fossil) and it's an instant winner. First RHBH throws were just as OS as my First Run Red Stego (my most overstable) and flew great for that "corner pocket" shot. Where it oddly stood out was forehand shots. Thrown back to back, it flew a little straighter than my Red first run and then hooked up with that same vicious bite. To me, this is perfect. Backhand; it's still aggressive as ever, but I didn't know if it was from the plastic or torque or another reason, the forehand seemed to be a smaller MOAB or baby Max/Nuke OS. Still massively overstable, but it took a second to kick in.

Honestly, this is a utility approach slot I've been missing recently when I find myself in the woods. I probably just overlooked it with my First Runs, but this is definitely going in the Zuca for short utility and rollers.

10/10. Nailed it. I'll be messaging Keith, Jamie, and Josh to see if there's more of this beautiful mint/foil with a lil dome cuz like McDonald's, I'm lovin' it.

Last edited:

Attachments

• 16295349_10154364213769117_2078711813_n.jpg
    16295349_10154364213769117_2078711813_n.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 16295220_10154364213869117_174090424_n.jpg
    16295220_10154364213869117_174090424_n.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 16295207_10154364213714117_1803462266_n.jpg
    16295207_10154364213714117_1803462266_n.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 3

Sweet. I still selfishly wish they'd run some Warlocks in this plastics.

Got my newly stamped Stego today. 1st, it seems a little for flexible than the first runs I got, which I like. Second, it has a slight dome. Nothing really notable, but the center of the flight plate does lift up to the height of the spoiler wing. Doesn't change the disc at all, just an interesting note.

Anyway, the disc is mint green with a green holographic foil and looks AWESOME!!! Combine that with the slightly softer feel (more SSS-ish than Fossil) and it's an instant winner. First RHBH throws were just as OS as my First Run Red Stego (my most overstable) and flew great for that "corner pocket" shot. Where it oddly stood out was forehand shots. Thrown back to back, it flew a little straighter than my Red first run and then hooked up with that same vicious bite. To me, this is perfect. Backhand; it's still aggressive as ever, but I didn't know if it was from the plastic or torque or another reason, the forehand seemed to be a smaller MOAB or baby Max/Nuke OS. Still massively overstable, but it took a second to kick in.

Honestly, this is a utility approach slot I've been missing recently when I find myself in the woods. I probably just overlooked it with my First Runs, but this is definitely going in the Zuca for short utility and rollers.

10/10. Nailed it. I'll be messaging Keith, Jamie, and Josh to see if there's more of this beautiful mint/foil with a lil dome cuz like McDonald's, I'm lovin' it.

I too received a new stamp stego and cant believe how hard it spikes. I dont like throwing flex FHs but with these I can slam it on a 200ft hole and itll come back. The only thing I dont like about it is that it's too flexible. Going to enjoy how it'll complement my berg and zone for fh duties!

Why is making the drivers in the 167-170g range a problem?

Are there not enough noodle arms like me to justify it?

Cost is the key factor.

Our run quantities are so small that we can only produce a certain weight range.

Hopefully as RDG expands we will be able to broaden our range so that all players can enjoy some Craft Golf Discs.

Does it cost more to produce discs in the upper 160's compared to 175g or is that weight so unpopular that the run would not sell out?

I would definitely take a lightweight Ptero and Tyrant, but as Jamie said, with their runs being smaller and having to run one targeted weight range, I understand that is not feasible. I'd settle for more runs of Armor Scales. :D

Does it cost more to produce discs in the upper 160's compared to 175g or is that weight so unpopular that the run would not sell out?

They'd sell but unlikely at the rate we'd need to get a good return on them.

That said, I know many players who want our stuff in lighter weights so we definitely plan to look into our options for 2017.
160 Tyrants would be amazing flyers.

160 Tyrants will be amazing flyers.

That looks much better to me.

I believe you had no interest in doing pre-orders during the development stage in case the discs did not work out like you wanted.

I really like that conservative approach and it is one of the reasons I want to support RDG.

But now that you are up and running with the molds will you reconsider?

I (and hopefully many others) would gladly pre-pay for an upper 160g Armor Tyrant and Raptor. I would prepay for an Armor Scale too.

This would get money in the RDG coffers sooner, allow you to know whether there is enough interest at this weight, and, if so, how many discs to run. You could even drum up more interest and excitement by having those who pre-pay vote on the stamp.

It would keep everyone from having to get lucky in a click war when discs are added to the site and would make sure everyone who wanted one could get it.

Win, win, no?

Did I sell it well?

(sorry for being a pain but I am excited to try your discs)

Count me in as somebody who would love a 160g Tyrant.

Latest posts