• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Temple Of ROC!!!!

Immitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Innova was really shameless with it, copying the Wasp like that.

It's like that Ontario Roc...it's TOTALLY shaped like a smaller Comet! I hear it even anhyzers!

domromer said:
Comet throwers are all about the fisting

man...is this a comet haters thread or a Roc lovers? Geez, you'd think you wouldn't talk about 'em here...

Staying on topic, here are my Rocs:

fg-Heidi-3.jpg

I SOOOO want to throw them! :D

Unfortunately, it is my form that won't let me.

And, Frank, as jealous as you are about us throwing comets, I am about you throwing rocs :p

dgdave said:
Mid-Range Stable Driver FTW!!!!!

This. Or Big Birds. Thank god I got a bunch when you could find them used on eBay for under $5.

However, I will say the newest blend of Rocs if you can find the right shape are nice. There's still a lot of the poppy top ones being produced, but you can find a lot of nice shaped ones too. Large stamps help with that.

black udder said:
domromer said:
Comet throwers are all about the fisting

man...is this a comet haters thread or a Roc lovers? Geez, you'd think you wouldn't talk about 'em here...

This thread is only 3 pages long. We get a while to be juvenile before we have to act like the grown up Comet thread.

i throw rocs and almost everyone slec in my area throws them as well probally the most popular mid in my area but i did notice at worlds alot of other mids being thrown

i find on windy days i don't throw the rocs well. Today it was windy and i went 36 holes not throwing a single roc. ordered some star rocs and hopefully they will be super stable and flat topped.

Back to the less juvenile post count raising. I use 'em both and the Roc is the better one due to massive reliability but the Comet is great too especially in tunnels and anny work and when needing to use less power for the same distance. Only after you meet the added finesse requirements of Comets though. Rocs are a lot more forgiving therefore consistent especially with heavier winds.

So in an experiment I took a brand new rancho roc and a wizard and removed the bead on both of them by rubbing it on concrete and then carpet to polish it. The wizard flew like crap and was really squirrelly, the roc on the other hand was very controllable and flew best at 60-70% power, it's kinda cool but too bad it is illegal to use in tourneys.

Pat said:
I just picked up 4 seasoned ranchos off EBAY. I think im going to leave the comets at home tomorrow and see how i fair with just rocs.
NICE, i can never get enough beat Roc backups, I just picked up a nice whooped 10 time today :D (thanks Murdoch Loch :) )

dgdave said:
I may have to pick me up a Roc. How are the newest 12x's? Are the new DX stiff or soft?
new 12x's are super nice. first kc roc that found it's way to my bag. I now carry 3 glows and 2 kc's.

Frank_Delicious said:
So in an experiment I took a brand new rancho roc and a wizard and removed the bead on both of them by rubbing it on concrete and then carpet to polish it. The wizard flew like crap and was really squirrelly, the roc on the other hand was very controllable and flew best at 60-70% power, it's kinda cool but too bad it is illegal to use in tourneys.

I've done that with a wizard as well. I too found that it was super squirrelly, I wasn't upset when it cracked a bit later.

Is anyone throwing new sanny rocs still? I have a few put away that I was thinking might be the next in the rotation as they are nice and stiff.

The Sannies I have are all recent run with either club or tourney stamps. The plastic is super stiff and feels kinda like KC Pro in the hand. I love the flight pattern (out of the box they fly like a well seasoned rancho in the same weight for me) and if I could find more on a regular basis then I would probably put them in the bag.

Frank_Delicious said:

So you made a DX Buzzz? Actually, I AM curious how it flew comared to a D Buzzz...

SkaBob said:
Frank_Delicious said:

So you made a DX Buzzz? Actually, I AM curious how it flew comared to a D Buzzz...

actually yes I did and it flew more stable than a D buzz. I actually think it flew pretty close to the old element-x

i lost my best worn roc recently so ive began to beat new ones in again. my 4x glow is still beefy even in strong winds. ive got a nice kc that is getting really straight and i just ordered a few 171 rocs to see if i like the lighter weights. my roc pile seems to grow on its own as i snatch up all the used kc rocs i can find, but at least im getting rid of some of the old unthrown stuff now.