• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Temple Of ROC!!!!

Frank Delicious said:
jsun3thousand said:
This is bullshit, how did I miss some gay stuff?

Sorry man, i thought you were like me and had a built in gaydar.

having a strong love of sausage =! gaydar :lol:

but seriously it is kinda scary that some dx roc-'s got run (i refuse to call it + after reading this). It was probably an operator error. they switched plastics without changing the mold pieces or something like that. screw-ups like this are endemic of a lack of quality control standards.

yes I'm back to loving the Roc (but i still complement it with a Comet :p)

Just stopped by a gas station that has plastic. They got in 10 Rocs with the new stamp. 6 were the + mold. I compared them to the r-pro they had.

dgdave said:
Just stopped by a gas station that has plastic. They got in 10 Rocs with the new stamp. 6 were the + mold. I compared them to the r-pro they had.

so they definitely felt different than the r-pro+?

:( went to my pias today and all of their stock (6 or 7) of DX Rocs is the + mold :cry: weird cuz some have the new flight number stamps and some have the old stamp. My boycott of innova starts immediately following my tourney next weekend*
*boycott does NOT include discs molded by Innova for another company

Jesse B 707 said:
:( went to my pias today and all of their stock (6 or 7) of DX Rocs is the + mold :cry: weird cuz some have the new flight number stamps and some have the old stamp. My boycott of innova starts immediately following my tourney next weekend

Might I recommend a good Core...

Jeronimo said:
Jesse B 707 said:
:( went to my pias today and all of their stock (6 or 7) of DX Rocs is the + mold :cry: weird cuz some have the new flight number stamps and some have the old stamp. My boycott of innova starts immediately following my tourney next weekend

if these still existed it would be a contender but i havnt seen a "good" (flat) Core for sale anywhere in a long time, they all come out domey and flippy as hell these days :( probly go Buzz/Comet or sumthin along those lines

For as much as I've enjoyed the accuracy and dependability of the Roc these last few months, I'm a little torn regarding it. I'm finding that I can't use a new DX Rancho for anything but flex shots on the wooded course I play, it just has too much fade to be of any use with the way the course is laid out. I'm using it less and less, and depending on the beat Roc more and more, so the disparity between the two is growing and I don't see a way in which I can successfully cycle Rocs. If I played a greater variety of courses, I could probably find a way to stay with the Rocs. I'm going to try a stable mid (QMS) for a while and see if it better suits me.

Jesse B 707 said:
Jeronimo said:
Jesse B 707 said:

if these still existed it would be a contender but i havnt seen a "good" (flat) Core for sale anywhere in a long time, they all come out domey and flippy as hell these days :( probly go Buzz/Comet or sumthin along those lines

I know of a couple places where the old flat ones still exist. Honestly, the most stable Core I've ever thrown was the most recent Gold Line one I bought. It's a yellow one from the latest run that lacks the metallic grain to the plastic that the originals had. Subtle dome, good stability. You may seriously like the heavy opto Fuses too.

Let me check out a couple local shops too see how many flat Core's are still around. I'll report back to you... at some point.

KJDog19 said:
Jesse B 707 said:
KJDog19 said:
Discraft makes a nice Roc in premium plastic. :mrgreen:
clearly you've never thrown a Roc......(if you mean Buzz)

No, I was speaking about the Wasp.

Either way, Jesse
political-pictures-do-not-want-surprised-guy.jpg

Timko said:
KJDog19 said:
Jesse B 707 said:
KJDog19 said:
Discraft makes a nice Roc in premium plastic. :mrgreen:
clearly you've never thrown a Roc......(if you mean Buzz)

No, I was speaking about the Wasp.

Either way, Jesse
political-pictures-do-not-want-surprised-guy.jpg
indeed not, there hasnt been a good run of wasps in years. it would be nice if Lat 64 would put out their new stable/overstable mid....like tomorrow, i am pretty interested in the fuse too

So I was at the local DG shop and the owner got in a lot tourney stamped DX rocs for the summer tournys and they were all rancho rocs. He also got in some normal stamped DX rocs and they are all ranchos. So whatever is going on, the east coast hasn't gotten any DX roc+.