• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Thorns

I would be curious about this as well. My legs have gushed lots o' blood from these things.

Nope. Don't want to throw from there? Don't throw it in there in the first place. Its called the rough you pansies.

No free relief from pricker bush areas unless the TD specified it as a free relief area. You can always call for an Optional Rethrow, throw from your previous lie and add 1-penalty shot to your score.

Nope. Don't want to throw from there? Don't throw it in there in the first place. Its called the rough you pansies.

Yeah I figured it wouldn't matter and I don't really care...but...we got some crazy 2 inch thorns 'round here. Sucks haha.

I would love to get free relief from Poison Ivy. That is way more serious than thorns. Again though, if I stay on the fairway then Poison Ivy isn't an issue.

I do recall one year we had a heavy growth season (rain, sun, rain, sun, etc) and the PI was growing right out on the fairway. We allowed relief in that case and we were all carrying around little things of liquid soap for washing off discs.

I would love to get free relief from Poison Ivy. That is way more serious than thorns. Again though, if I stay on the fairway then Poison Ivy isn't an issue.

I do recall one year we had a heavy growth season (rain, sun, rain, sun, etc) and the PI was growing right out on the fairway. We allowed relief in that case and we were all carrying around little things of liquid soap for washing off discs.

I am fortunate enough to not be bothered by the ivy. We have a lot of it around here and most of my family can just be around it and break out...but im lucky I guess.

I am fortunate enough to not be bothered by the ivy. We have a lot of it around here and most of my family can just be around it and break out...but im lucky I guess.

I get itchy just writing about the cursed stuff

Those thorn trees are aggressive little buggers. They keep coming back even after a few flush cuts at ground level. I'm helping a new 9-hole course re-design around a couple hundred of them and it is a pain in the arse but it is the only land they have available for a dg course.

I agree about thorn trees. Mesquite trees/wood is great for the smoking meat but their long thorns are mucho dangerous. Poison Ivy is my nemisis; it is the reason I wear my fashionable soccer socks in the summer.

No free relief from pricker bush areas unless the TD specified it as a free relief area. You can always call for an Optional Rethrow, throw from your previous lie and add 1-penalty shot to your score.

so if you're anemic and a thorn could possibly end your life you couldn't call it an unplayable lie and back your disc up until it's out of the thorns?

that's bs, basically DG kills anemic people. is that what you want?

I doubt he is being serious. thats a little extreme. you are not forced to go into the bushes. you just take a penalty stroke. if you are that fragile that one scrape will end u....well maybe outside in a park with briars is not the best hobby.

Latest posts