• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Three putt

hmmm... I thought for sure when I seen this thread there was gonna be some moderator bashing going on in here lol

My nickname should be 3 putt. Its one of the main reasons I still play rec my putting is atrocious.

i four putted a tunnel hole. one shot almost there, didnt hit anything. approach landed 15 feet within the pin. wind was blowing. hit basket twice and had two huge roll aways. took a 6 and typically get a 3 on it, sometimes a two, never really a 4. it was truly a sight to behold...

other than that, barely ever unless there is some wind or a hill jockin me like a fool

Since I switched to push putting a few months ago...almost never. Before when I was a spin putter....occasionally.

not that often.. mainly only on downhill putts. I tend to run everything but generally don't go for then 15 feet past. The downhill putts + rolls is where it gets me. On my home course there is only really about 2 holes this can happen though.

I haven't jump putted in probably a year and have only 3 putted maybe 3 to 4 times in that time frame and I have played 500 rounds. I used to jump putt and while I would make a lot more in the 50 ft range I would also miss and have 30 to 40 ft comebacks and 3 putt almost every rd. my putting range is 50 ft or so and outside of that I just do throw ins that are safe.

If I'm out of the circle barring some typhoon winds, my first putt is just to give it a shot at going in but while landing near the basket, soft hyzer putt. I don't putt overly hard so my comebacks are usually 50% closer than the first putt. Haven't 3 putted in a competitive round this year since adopting this.

Wardens also help! :)

I ThreePutt whenever he visits family in the Chicago area...usually about twice a year. :|

If you don't 3 putt now and again then you're not trying hard enough.

In practice rounds, I feel the need to push the envelop so that I know what I'm capable of when the chips are down. Unless its a tricky green or some OB, I'm not scared to blow by 20' if they're a decent chance to hole out... and sometimes she'll stand up and roll much further:eek:

I'm more likely to do it in the wind or on holes where I've blown the drive or the approach. Not every round, but every 2nd or 3rd one for sure.

Latest posts