• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

TL molds- What to expect

optowesome

Par Member
I have been using a Star TL since I have started playing again. I like it a lot, but want something with a tick more stability( I mean 1 tick). I order one of the CE TL, what should I expect. What will normal champion TL or glow champion throw like? How will they compare to a 12x Teebird? My star TL goes 390 on a very straight S-Curve.

final run ce TL is a little more stable, the earlire run ce TLs seem a little less stable, and the cfr champ TLs are more stable and have less glide. Star is really my fav. Are you throwing max weight?

Actually, something with a tick more stability and slightly more speed is the Striker. In my trials, it's between the teebird & TL as far as stability goes. I'm throwing a 168g Striker and 162g & 172g TLs.

Maybe a max weight TL, a 166-170g 12x Teebird, a 168-170g Striker or similar weight Discmania CD, maybe even a 170'ish EagleX. All pretty long and glidey drivers with a bit of turn.

I am throwing a 171 Star TL. It is great, but I am worried it will beat in a little too fast. I bought a final run 175 CE TL. I am hoping it will be pretty much the same, but stay more consistent. THe final run should have similar glide to a star right?

those TL's last awhile. I have a 162g that I've been throwing all year and it just needs a little hyzer to go straight. It makes a great anny disc, too since it'll hold it longer.

I throw a cfr Tl that's 172 and its a great all round disc. long slow anny's, dead straight, slow flat hyzers, almost anything. It's beefy enough to fly well in light to moderate winds.

I throw a 171 Star TL, imo it is the best of the TLs.

I traded off a final run CE TL 175 and a CFR Champ TL 171, both were a tick or two more stable than Star, and neither had the glide, for similar glide and 1 tick more stablity, I also would recommend a 175g Star TL.

In a similar weight 171 I use a an ESP Avenger, which I trust to be a tick more stable than my Star TL. yrmv

i know the older CE TLs....non champ....have good glide......my CFR GLO TL.....is 1-2 ticks more stable....and now that its getting beating up....im getting more D out of it...

I always felt the final run CE TLs were a decent bit slower than previous runs. The bunch I have all seem to be pretty uniformly domey and a bit blunt nosed, in comparison to earlier CE TLs, which varied from flat and fast or domey but knife edged.

The reduction in speed gave them less initial turn, so thrown on the same line they'd end up on a more overstable trajectory. They're great if you want a consistent, durable, fairway driver, but they never seemed as versatile to me as other T/TLs.

For me, as least, back in the day, 11x or 12x Teebirds would go 360ft on a straight line with hyzer finish. The CE TLs seemed more like 340ft and turning sooner. Some of that is due to a few grams weight difference, and my inability to beat up the CE plastic compared to the KC/Pro.

Latest posts