• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] TL3 - Evolution of the TL

Did they forget to ship the champ TL3's to retailers? I haven't seen a single one for sale on any website besides dgu. I've seen roadrunners and Firestorms for sale, but no Champ TL3's.

Disc Golf Center has the Champion TL3s. As of this posting, Infinite did not have the Champs yet.

Anyone get a chance to throw a champ yet? I just ordered a couple F2s from dgu, but I probably won't get to throw them for a bit. The weather has defeated me.

My champ TL3's have a slightly higher PLH than my stars. They are also slightly flatter. My stars are embossed and stamped 8/4/0/1. This bodes well for my preferences. The champs should be a touch more overstable. I'll know for sure in a few hours. Pics: champ on left star on right.

Attachments

• 984718E3-27B5-4A57-A82B-1EB4854E2FB8.jpg
    984718E3-27B5-4A57-A82B-1EB4854E2FB8.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 50
  • FB8F1A49-7741-47A2-A1BF-0547767F78AD.jpg
    FB8F1A49-7741-47A2-A1BF-0547767F78AD.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 44
My champ TL3's have a slightly higher PLH than my stars. They are also slightly flatter. My stars are embossed and stamped 8/4/0/1. This bodes well for my preferences. The champs should be a touch more overstable. I'll know for sure in a few hours. Pics: champ on left star on right.

I like that, I'd be interested to throw one if it's a tick more stable than one of the ones I threw before.

Picked up a regular star TL today that was way flatter than any of the TL3's I looked at. So I guess if what you want is flatter be sure not to overlook the regular TL's.

Picked up a regular star TL today that was way flatter than any of the TL3's I looked at. So I guess if what you want is flatter be sure not to overlook the regular TL's.

Can't say I've ever seen a really flat TL (and I only have about 12 of them sitting here in a box). I'd sure like to come across a flat TL, especially as the TL3 didn't really get 'er done in that department...

Infinite Discs is local to me so I can pick and choose from inventory. They keep a pretty large inventory in the front room that isn't in the computer so they can sell from it at tourneys without affecting the online system. That TL was in the front room and is probably from a run a few years back, I bought a Star Teebird a few years back that looked the same as far as dome goes.

When I shop there I usually scrounge through the front room and compare a few discs from inventory.

I am back on board for now. I have some sort of mental block going on that I must have a teebird in my bag that I am working to overcome, but the TL3s give me the flight I want my teebirds to have. It just feels wrong in my head, but they really are doing exactly what I want out of my main fairway driver.

TL3 is my favorite, and most often thrown disc in my bag. Glad to see it getting some love.

And this couldn't have been put in the existing TL3 thread why?

I wish James would have compared the TL3 to the TL.

Latest posts