• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Too much wind?

I've heard of the putting upside down thing but have yet to try it. When the winds are 20-30+ I use my max weight Star Roc, and it does pretty well. I don't mind playing in the wind either, I just see it as yet another challenge on the course.

Lakewood Hills in White Bear. There are some fun wind shots there. Up 17 and then down 18 is quite exciting with a 40 mph headwind, then tailwind.

Holes 2-8 are no picnic either in the wind. Getting good distance with a precise drop is very critical on Holes 2, 7, and 8. Any type of wind can really mess you up and suddenly add two to three throws to your total.

Obviously trying to get up and sticking it to the side of the hill on 17 (17 is the one next to the softball fields, right?) is no easy task even in calmer weather.

I would have to say that Hole 12ish (the one coming out of the woods, soft right turn, basket by the utility shed and then you go back into the woods) is the most difficult one for me in the wind. In calm weather it is no problem sticking it for a tap-in birdie, but usually wind is blasting at you or going right to left. With the low ceiling to get out of the woods, you are basically throwing into the teeth of the wind, and unless you have a monster left handed hyzer or a very trustworthy forehand that can sweep out and always come back, that is a tough hole that is otherwise not a very noteworthy hole.