• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Trilogy Orc?

What about a Flow or a Renegade.

My Renegade flies much more like the Tern than the Orc, and a Renegade would only season in to even more Tern-like qualities.

The Flow is more like the Orc but has a LOT more glide, so that's a factor to be considered...

Boatman is a nice slightly OS disc. I'm a little surprised it's not more popular than it is. It's got pretty good glide but also fights the wind well. I'm not an expert with Trilogy plastic but I'd think that you could try it in TP instead of VIP for a straighter flight out of the box and for some quicker seasoning.

I went and gripped the Sampo, Boatman, and Northman.
Sampo felt chunky in my hand with the blunt rim.
Boatman felt pretty good, but not in the weight I like.
Took home the Northman to try.

I'd vote for the Boatman as well.

Orc's and Boatman's constantly switch places in my bag. I find that beat PFN Champ Orc's go a bit farther for me (by 25 feet or so) but I've only got one of these left. I do have a very beat, almost flat VIP Boatman that is money. It's an older run and I love it for forehands. I have another newer run VIP domey one that is very overstable, it throws like a fresh Lucid Felon. I haven't broken it in yet so I have no idea what it'll turn into. I favor VIP so I've never tried a Boatman in TP but they might be worth checking out too.

I went and gripped the Sampo, Boatman, and Northman.
Sampo felt chunky in my hand with the blunt rim.
Boatman felt pretty good, but not in the weight I like.
Took home the Northman to try.

I would've gone Northman. Probably a TP to get some glide as the VIPs I've thrown were a bit blunt.

Northman and boatman wouldn't work IMO.

I've bagged at least a half dozen pearly orcs over the years and neither of those discs remind me of old school orcs.

After looking for this type of disc, I think I found it. Discmania CD - C-Line 175g. This thing is sweet. 10/5/-0.5/1.5 Its that $

Latest posts