• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Trilogy Thinning The Herd of Plastic Blends

Don't they also have 'snow' plastic? How is that different than 'frost', and is it still available?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guess I need to stock up on my favorite Elasto blends... I like that plastic a lot. I've only had one Megasoft, and my kid loved it, but they warp like hell.

From a business perspective I get it, but I will be sad to see Elasto leave.

If this is true, this is a travesty.

Everyone knows Frost Rivers are some of the best, most stable Rivers. Elasto Hatchets are the best ones if you've never thrown an Elasto Hatchet you're missing out. Fluid Escapes and Frost Saints are the most stable ones.

What is frustrating though has always been the lack of availability of this plastic across the molds. I've always thought that an elasto Stag would have been $$$. Why can't they just do a run of Stags in elasto so I can buy like 20 of them and ride off into the sunset?

If this is true, this is a travesty.

Everyone knows Frost Rivers are some of the best, most stable Rivers. Elasto Hatchets are the best ones if you've never thrown an Elasto Hatchet you're missing out. Fluid Escapes and Frost Saints are the most stable ones.

What is frustrating though has always been the lack of availability of this plastic across the molds. I've always thought that an elasto Stag would have been $$$. Why can't they just do a run of Stags in elasto so I can buy like 20 of them and ride off into the sunset?

If they made an Elasto Stag I would have totally bought it. Elasto Harp could have been cool too.

I use the King, Giant and Enforcer in the Fluid/Elasto and that Elasto King is the perfect hyzerflip bomber and those Enforcers and Giant(that I have just Started using 🙃) are the perfect discs for long FH shots.

Literally broke my personal distance record with the fluid Enforcer last week.

Don't they also have 'snow' plastic? How is that different than 'frost', and is it still available?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snow is to Gold as Frost is to Opto.

Snow plastic was only ever a specialty/limited edition plastic to begin with, never available as in a regular stock run. I imagine it stays that way, just as these discontinued plastics will be used in a limited way in the future.

I have to believe the biggest reason for discontinuing these plastics has to do with manufacturing. Obviously, they have a limited number of machines so discontinuing one thing gives more time for another. But I think these were also more troublesome plastic blends to work with in general, and that's why there were so few molds available in them.

So now one will have to beat in River Pros and Saint Pros to get to that sweet stability of an fresh Frost...

Frost River is still my US FD and I love it. If they marketed the Frost plastic as more OS i bet it would have sold gold.

To put it into perspective, I've sold 9,233 Trilogy discs since becoming a dealer, and only have sold 196 total of all of the plastics mentioned. That's about 2% of Trilogy sales. I would imagine that trend is similar for the Trilogy companies as a whole. Makes complete sense in a business standpoint if it is that similar.

I also pulled the search history on my website. Since I built the site in Jan 2015, there have been 37,622 total searches, and only 109 searches for any of those plastic names.

Definitely some good plastic, but definitely non sellers.

Is Snow Line still a thing? I've only seen the first run Snow Ballistas.. haven't seen a disc in that plastic since.

EDIT: Saw above posts.. make sense its a limited plastic, but I would like to see Snow Line more.. never threw Elasto or Fluid, just never needed it.. But snow line is actually a good feeling gummy blend, and worked great with the ballista.

Last edited:
i got my supply of elasto underworlds once this announcement was made.

i dont forsee any other purchases now, because i am finding that the hype machine known as dynamic discs and the releases this year really turned me off to anything they were selling. not to mention the extortion fees that aftermarket disc seekers were charging for a piece of plastic. no thanks.

there are other brands out there so i am gonna try them out.

I just got two first run fluid truths that I am growing to like alot, sad I just discovered this plastic.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I really like my Elasto Giant for windy winter play, but I also don't forsee every needing another. I only throw it a couple months a year, and the thing is crazy bright dayglo yellow..I have found it easily buried in an inch of snow.

I have won a lot of megasoft discs in tourney play, and every single one was given away. The flight of them is pretty good but they truly are MEGAsoft. So I can see those not being popular.

This move makes sense, but I can understand why they are doing it. They didn't say they were going away forever, just through 2018, so I can see them being used as special edition discs in the future.

The thing I don't like is they have SOOOOO many names for plastic among the 3 companies and they are essentially all the same BT , Zero , Classic, etc or VIP, Opto, etc. I like that with MVP/Axiom/Streamline they still use Proton Neutron Electron. My favorite plastic names thus far. - hard to beat Champion or star tho ;)

Latest posts