• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Trying an all Innova Bag

Moose33

Stego Connoisseur
Gold level trusted reviewer
I'm doing this as an experiment/for a video trying to see if I can shoot as well with a bag similar to Paul/Philo and any number of Innova pros. I tried to make this with minimal investment, using what I had/trades to build it rather than going out an buying a lot.

Putters;

2 DX Aviars 174 just for putting
1 Champ Rhyno 175 approaches

Mids;

1 seasoned DX Roc 180 for straight/turnover shots
1 DX Glow Roc 180 Straight/S curve
1 USDGC Champ Roc 179 straight to fade
1 Star Whippet FH and skip BH

Fairway;

1 Champ TB 172 straight to fade BH
1 G* TB3 159 Turnover Bh or hyzerflip to Flat
1 PFN Star FB 170 Skip or heavy fade BH hyzerflip FH
2 Champ FB 175 FH workhorse

Distance;
1 Star Shryke 169 BH max D
2 Star Destroyers 169& 175 light one Flex BH or flat BH, heavy one Max D FH

I think this covers everything. Wouldn't kick one more TB out of bed, or getting some puttrts I like the plastic of better, but for you Innova guys could you make this work and cover all lines? I think yes, but wanted to confirm.

Very solid. I would not feel right though, if i did not mention a star leopard. I feel they are easier to range than TBs.

I like it. Mine looked thusly:

Putters:
DX Birdie
Star Dart

Mids:
Champ Mako3
Star Rancho Roc
DX Flat top Roc
Champ Gator3

Fairways:
Star Leopard
Star teebird
Star TB3
Champ roadrunner

Drivers:
Star Valkyrie
Metal flake thunderbird
Starlite wraith
Pro wraith
Star wraith
Blizz champ destroyer
Star destroyer

A little bit of everything

only thing I would add would be a Leopard and a Sidewinder or Roadrunner.

I've never really clicked with those molds. What shots do you use them for?

Roadrunner is a disc I am coming to appreciate. They really do bomb on a turnover, and man once you get the hand of smoothing a forehand hyzerflip with them, look out.

I pretty much have settled on Innova, for no other reason then these discs work best for me

Classic aviars
Rhyno
Rocs
Eagles
Leopard
Firebirds
Roadrunners
Destroyer/scorpius for long courses

I've never really clicked with those molds. What shots do you use them for?

I have a 150ish star leopard for suuuuuper light forehand touch shots and 25% power backhands when I REALLY need to baby it through a tight line.

I don't use it for anything else. Turns over very easily so it can get out of hand quickly if you try to use it for teebird-type duties.

Kind of interesting to see so little love for the wraith. Seems like people go from firebird right to destroyer... does everyone love meat hooks or do I just have a noodle arm?

Kind of interesting to see so little love for the wraith. Seems like people go from firebird right to destroyer... does everyone love meat hooks or do I just have a noodle arm?

Probably both. I have a noodle, but I recently bought a handful of lighter weight Firebirds and I think I'm in love.(Except for the G Star).