• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

turbo putting

I'm curious how anyone turbo's 40+ out.. Mark martin doesn't even do that from what I saw. He does like a side backhand toss.

When I get to about 50 out my disc just doesn't have the spin/speed to get in the basket. Do you think people are throwing Anny lines? Or just throwing hard enough to get it all to work?

I can throw a turbo super fast, where it wont butterfly. It's hilarious being 15 out and throwing as hard as I can. Sadly most of the time it bounces out because its going 900 miles an hour.

tigel said:
I'm curious how anyone turbo's 40+ out.. Mark martin doesn't even do that from what I saw. He does like a side backhand toss.

When I get to about 50 out my disc just doesn't have the spin/speed to get in the basket. Do you think people are throwing Anny lines? Or just throwing hard enough to get it all to work?

I can throw a turbo super fast, where it wont butterfly. It's hilarious being 15 out and throwing as hard as I can. Sadly most of the time it bounces out because its going 900 miles an hour.

i can turbo to about 60-80ft but it's more of a flop upshot than real putt; it's more accurate than an overhand shot for me, when stuck behind some giant POS that's impossible to putt normally around or over.

the throwing motion is more like an overhand at that point. i guess it's a 'turbo tomahawk.'

I turbo putted during a tag round tonight. I was only about 20' away, but I was also pretty much behind a 5' tall pricker bush.

The putt flew well, and worked perfectly... but it was at least 5' short - lol!