• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

U niced me...

Do you believe in the 'You niced me' myth?

• Yes, it's absolutely true

Votes: 30 20.4%
  • That's stoopid...not true

Votes: 71 48.3%
  • I'll throw a disc at your head if you nice me

Votes: 11 7.5%
  • Sometimes I nice myself for the hell of it

Votes: 35 23.8%

• Total voters
"Beautiful, sweet, etc." are all synonymous with "nice"... And as for the disc being plastic, well that may well be true. However, I believe "nice" impacts the universe as a whole. along the same thread, I've noticed that if I talk an inordinate amount of smack the gods will punish me with instant Karma on the next toss... spooky stuff really

I never say that any more. Especially at tournys or doubles, you make a good comment about a disc, then the flight changes in a bad way and the end result of the throw is bad. The person who threw the disc is already pissed off and that just adds insult to it. I shut my mouth until the disc comes to a stop.

I agree. There are lots of different personalities out there. I have seen some people get pretty frustrated. During tournament its best to pipe down unless it is just an incredible shot.

i only believe in real things

I niced myself the other day. It was a 200 ft anny shot, with a creek downhill to the right of the pin. My shot landed right next to the pin, at which point I say "THAT's what I'm talking about" only to watch it roll down the hill into the creek.

I always try to be supportive of the other guys in my tourney groups, so I tell them all of their shots are nice as soon as it leaves their hands...I don't usually see them in my group the next round, though...

Superstition, that is all...though I do wait until the disc is about on the ground or has come to rest before I say "Nice" nowadays.

Need a fifth option. "Fun to act like it is true, because it adds to the lore of the game."

It happens often enough that it is something you can teach new players about on their very first round. Makes them feel like an insider.

Kinda like baseball's "no talking about a no-hitter".

i know alot of people who get worked up if they are 'niced', me i dont care.
but i will tell people" ive seen better" or "that was ****ty" as they park their shot, just to make them look at me funny

If you are a believer in nice shotting then you should be greatful for it. Would you rather be nice shotted and hit a tree, or hit a tree and it be because you threw a bad shot?

...but, nice shots do hit trees sometimes...

Guy #1: shanks disc 200 feet out into the middle of the pond.

Guy #2: "Nice, that had some distance on it!"

So it's sorta even... i played with some locals at Rosedale this weekend that kept saying nice shot, good throw and such... i wanted to join in but I've niced a few people and they complained so I've backed off until the disc has stopped moving... btw nothing bad happened when they niced any shot

also, i didn't know that there was a member on here with the name U_niced_me until I put this poll up. She does seem cool. Nice!

I think the golf gods sometimes compute buy also said nice throw or something else and seen em park bang in or off chains. Just be consistent to see what happens in this probabality study

Any woman who can put up with this group is a cool chick. :)

YOU, are the original cool chick Kris.