• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Uncle B's Bag

JR said:
UncleBrother2001 said:
Going back to the putt. On my Snake Strike just think about how Cameron Todd's putt looked and that is how mine almost looks like.

Went out with my friends today and helped them with a few things and was teaching about nose up and nose down. Making sure they knew what to look for.(this is on that long hole) One of them noticed on one of my Beasts throws that It looked like my Nose was up. And it did go quite high and probably about 375 or 380ft with a dumpy fade. Ok next up was my G-Star Beast and Champion Beast. I felt what I did wrong on my first throw so I was able to correct my next 2. Next 2 went just a little over 400ft. 402ft and 408ft according to his app on his phone. The best thing I had that nice straight forward Fade. So the real reason I was having so much fade was I was throwing a bit nose up,but didn't realize it til my buddy, who amazingly knew what to look for, told me I had just a tick of nose up. My next 3 times throwing that holes with all 3 Beasts were around that distance. Yeah I know 3 times,where the course is so short in the woods,we just play all the open holes so they can learn distance and control and I can work on more distance with my Beasts.

Oh and I threw my Lucid Judge 345ft according to his app. They were calling me an ass cuz I could chuck my putter farther than their drives. :lol:

Putting game was on fire today. Just missed 2 and it was due to my footing. it was a good disc golf day

Grats especially that Judge toss is impressive. You graduated to faster disc territory and need to check which are the ones that you can keep the nose down with. I mean 430-450' easily with the proper disc if you can maintain the nose down attitude.

Thanks man. I've thrown Wizards pretty far before and I've thrown a Pure pretty far,but a Judge just keeps going especially a Lucid Judge. Very easy putter to throw accurately and far at the same time.

It may be a bit before I go back to discs faster than a Beast/PD. I'm gonna work with these 2 for a while since I've just changed my steps that I use in my throw. So maybe by the end of the year or something I may do it,but as of now the Beasts/PD's are it for a while. :thumbup:

UncleBrother2001 said:
BentElbow11 said:
Nose-up is a killer. Look into it, there are some obvious fixes.

Yeah nose up does suck,I am glad though my friend noticed me doing that. It's also good that they know what cause a disc to do that when nose up happens,it will help them along the way.

Also with me just doing a 3 step throw any kind of problem I have should be easily fixed. I find if my hips open up It's easier to fix too. I taught them about that one too yesterday. At first they didn't understand,but I should them what hips closed and hips open looked like then they finally got it. 8)

Oh and I got my Icon Patriot Today. :D It's Dayglo Orange and after my workout me and the guys are going out there to sling some plastic. Looking forward to the Patriot.

3 main nose-up culprits: 1) not pulling through on a level plane, 2) thumb too far from edge of disc, 3) pulling out of your drive early

When my hips open early, it's from rushing through the throw. Fortunately it's not very often.

Good luck with the Patriot!

BentElbow11 said:
UncleBrother2001 said:
BentElbow11 said:
Nose-up is a killer. Look into it, there are some obvious fixes.

Yeah nose up does suck,I am glad though my friend noticed me doing that. It's also good that they know what cause a disc to do that when nose up happens,it will help them along the way.

Also with me just doing a 3 step throw any kind of problem I have should be easily fixed. I find if my hips open up It's easier to fix too. I taught them about that one too yesterday. At first they didn't understand,but I should them what hips closed and hips open looked like then they finally got it. 8)

Oh and I got my Icon Patriot Today. :D It's Dayglo Orange and after my workout me and the guys are going out there to sling some plastic. Looking forward to the Patriot.

3 main nose-up culprits: 1) not pulling through on a level plane, 2) thumb too far from edge of disc, 3) pulling out of your drive early

When my hips open early, it's from rushing through the throw. Fortunately it's not very often.

Good luck with the Patriot!

Thanks for those tips. I'll keep them in mind.

Patriot is very nice. It so reminds me of a Faster Leopard it's not even funny. Very good disc :thumbup:

Lost opportunity and nobody is getting younger. I would forge when the metal is hot. Carpe diem. Go east young man and grip and rip it :D

Yeah Patriot is a great disc. And thanks JR.

Well got some bad news. I have a slight roadblock ahead of me right now. Ended up spraining my index finger pretty badly. Hell it hurts to type this. So looks like I won't be throwing for a while...righthanded that is.

This is good time for me to get some more practice left handed. Me and my friends are gonna head out tomorrow and for the first time I'll be throwing lefthanded a whole round. Gonna learn forehand and get better backhand. Was downstairs earlier and was hitting putts pretty good left handed. I have more of a drop putt left handed so it is a bit different to get use to than right handed.

You wanna know the strange thing? It feels more natural if that makes sense. There are some left handers in my family. Heck maybe I'm left handed too. :lol: Probably not.

Seriously though. I have sprained my ankle a few times and I was out of commission for a while. I bet my Finger will take a lot longer to heal since I'm always lifting at work.

I'm actually in a way glad I hurt my finger,well not glad that happened,but glad in a disc golf way. I've been wanting to learn more with my left hand. Hey now I'll be learning like it's brand new all over again along side my friends. :D

Sorry to hear you hurt your finger, I PM'd you.

Sounds like the Patriot/Rival combo is working out really well. One thing I never liked about pairing the Leopard with a Teebird, is the Leopard is considerably shorter. Leopard/Eagle makes more sense to me. But then one's glidey and the other's pretty glideless.

Innova's fairway lineup could use some help, and Discraft's is really weak. They keep trying to bump up these hybrid midranges into fairway drivers(Stalker, Zombee, Glide) instead of designing a new FW driver...well, maybe the Mantis finally.

Sorry to hear that. I lift at work too and it is a pain to mind the ergonomics each time but you gotta for dg and getting better. It can last half a year if it is bad when not stressed. I had troubles for two years.

I would write down in detail what you changed to gain distance so that you do not forget it waiting for the finger to heal.

BentElbow11 said:

Sounds like the Patriot/Rival combo is working out really well. One thing I never liked about pairing the Leopard with a Teebird, is the Leopard is considerably shorter. Leopard/Eagle makes more sense to me. But then one's glidey and the other's pretty glideless.

Innova's fairway lineup could use some help, and Discraft's is really weak. They keep trying to bump up these hybrid midranges into fairway drivers(Stalker, Zombee, Glide) instead of designing a new FW driver...well, maybe the Mantis finally.

Yes the Patriot Rival is combo is perfect man. Both will go pretty much the same distance which is what you need for a good Fairway combo.

Yeah I've tried both Discraft's and Innova's. And really Discraft just barely has a better lineup(combo wise)in that one with the Tracker/Express combo. I always thought those 2 were pretty good compliments to each other.

JR said:
Sorry to hear that. I lift at work too and it is a pain to mind the ergonomics each time but you gotta for dg and getting better. It can last half a year if it is bad when not stressed. I had troubles for two years.

I would write down in detail what you changed to gain distance so that you do not forget it waiting for the finger to heal.

Yeah everytime At work now I have to remind myself to keep the Index finger out of the way. When I forget, holy crap does it suck :lol:

I think where I'll be throwing lefthanded for a while I'll be taking the same thing I learned righthanded and putting it towards my lefthand. I did putting the same way too,but the results turned out a little different,but I'm still hitting chains so that is good.

After I clean house here in a few gonna get the guys together and play some disc golf. I'll let you guys know the results lefthanded.

UncleBrother2001 said:
BentElbow11 said:

Yes the Patriot Rival is combo is perfect man. Both will go pretty much the same distance which is what you need for a good Fairway combo.

Yeah I've tried both Discraft's and Innova's. And really Discraft just barely has a better lineup(combo wise)in that one with the Tracker/Express combo. I always thought those 2 were pretty good compliments to each other.

Tracker/Express is a decent combo, but they're both ancient designs and also only available in limited plastic.

BentElbow11 said:
UncleBrother2001 said:
BentElbow11 said:

Tracker/Express is a decent combo, but they're both ancient designs and also only available in limited plastic.

Yes very Ancient indeed. I don't think they are very glidey either.

Well so far man the Left hand backhand is a bit difficult. It's pretty fun anyways but man I look like a complete beginner out there. Feels like I've started all over again. Good thing I have all this knowledge. Now if I could just get the right side of my brain to work with my left arm I would be good. :lol:

I'll update the bag a bit later,but I did get me a Lucid Suspect. some say it's a midrange,but I say it's a Overstable Putter like a Zone. I like the grip better than a Zone. It is just a tad more straighter than a Zone,but the distances are the same. Once my right hand heals a bit more I'll get more work with it. I only have 5 throws with it so far but I really like it.

Tracker's not glidey, that's for sure. Especially the Z version. What's with almost all of Discraft's Z discs coming out flat and piggish lately? Look at XS, XL, Xpress, Tracker, Flash, Surge. Older Z discs had normal dome.

I don't like the grip(rim) of the Zone either. I can get by putting with it, but don't like throwing it because of the grip.

Guys. Craziest thing happened today.

I decided that I was gonna throw my Comets left handed until I got better with keep my nose down. Well it was a good thing I had them in my bag. :D

There is this downhill hole that is 201ft.Threw my ESP Comet lefthanded. Went to the left a little bit and then slam right into the Chains.I got my First Ace Left handed today. We all went nutz when it happened.

UncleBrother2001 said:
Guys. Craziest thing happened today.

I decided that I was gonna throw my Comets left handed until I got better with keep my nose down. Well it was a good thing I had them in my bag. :D

There is this downhill hole that is 201ft.Threw my ESP Comet lefthanded. Went to the left a little bit and then slam right into the Chains.I got my First Ace Left handed today. We all went nutz when it happened.

Sweet! :thumbup:

I'm thinking of putting my Comets back in the bag again. Hey the fuse is a great Disc,but I just really like my Comet's. My buddy has two of them right now so I'll have to get them back when we see each other again. :lol:

Old school vs new school...personally, I'd choose the Fuse, but only Opto. Heavier Z Comets are pretty sweet though.

Latest posts