• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Uncle B's Bag

BentElbow11 said:
Uncle, if you do you'll be blown away by how dead straight the Tangent is, start to finish. I haven't seen another mid like it. Perfectly straight, lands flat. 100 ft to 300 ft, soft throw or power throw....STRAIGHT. It's straighter than most putters, even my Opto Pure and Anode. And only strong winds will affect it.

Just about right except there might be more HSS and less LSS discs but i cannot think of any that is as HSS and as little LSS in the same package and with easy clean releases too. It is a wonderfully good disc that does indeed survive moderate winds. Heck it putts good enough to be a great one round disc and seeing as it does great in those two roles put in a driver and you've got yourself a bag. At least for straighter courses. Unfortunately i am super sensitive to slcik discs and no MVP plastic is nice all year round or even half of the year here seeing how the winter is and how much rain we get. In a warm dry state they are problem free. That is a mouthful and i stand by it. Absolute top notch disc.

JR said:
BentElbow11 said:
Uncle, if you do you'll be blown away by how dead straight the Tangent is, start to finish. I haven't seen another mid like it. Perfectly straight, lands flat. 100 ft to 300 ft, soft throw or power throw....STRAIGHT. It's straighter than most putters, even my Opto Pure and Anode. And only strong winds will affect it.

Just about right except there might be more HSS and less LSS discs but i cannot think of any that is as HSS and as little LSS in the same package and with easy clean releases too. It is a wonderfully good disc that does indeed survive moderate winds. Heck it putts good enough to be a great one round disc and seeing as it does great in those two roles put in a driver and you've got yourself a bag. At least for straighter courses. Unfortunately i am super sensitive to slcik discs and no MVP plastic is nice all year round or even half of the year here seeing how the winter is and how much rain we get. In a warm dry state they are problem free. That is a mouthful and i stand by it. Absolute top notch disc.

Yes, Tangent will double as a very good putter too. It's basically a wider diameter putter with a slightly wider rim, and a lower profile.

You still won't answer the question I keep asking about what plastic your Tangent is in, Proton or Neutron. Neutron is the opposite of slick, warm or cold weather. If you don't have any Neutron MVP, the closest thing I can compare it to is glossy and very grippy GL. Don't be fooled by the shiny appearance, Neutron offers superb grip. Hold Neutron, apply light pressure with your thumb, and you can't move it sideways across the plastic. Try that with Star or ESP.

BentElbow11 said:
JR said:
BentElbow11 said:

Yes, Tangent will double as a very good putter too. It's basically a wider diameter putter with a slightly wider rim, and a lower profile.

You still won't answer the question I keep asking about what plastic your Tangent is in, Proton or Neutron. Neutron is the opposite of slick, warm or cold weather. If you don't have any Neutron MVP, the closest thing I can compare it to is glossy and very grippy GL. Don't be fooled by the shiny appearance, Neutron offers superb grip. Hold Neutron, apply light pressure with your thumb, and you can't move it sideways across the plastic. Try that with Star or ESP.

Neutron and it is not good enough tackiness wise around here more in the Tern thread already. And of course i use a towel in bad weather and thus far i have not come across one that would dry up the disc well enough. In cold weather with a dry Neutron the tackiness is not good enough.

I do own Protons too in Axis, Anode and Ion and Exclipses too.

JR said:
BentElbow11 said:
JR said:
BentElbow11 said:

Neutron and it is not good enough tackiness wise around here more in the Tern thread already. And of course i use a towel in bad weather and thus far i have not come across one that would dry up the disc well enough. In cold weather with a dry Neutron the tackiness is not good enough.

I do own Protons too in Axis, Anode and Ion and Exclipses too.

Hmm...Neutron is very grippy plastic for me, in cold weather too. I think the high gloss finish leads people to assume it doesn't have good grip. Proton's a different story...

So, no plastic has very good grip for you? Why are you critical of MVP Neutron grip in particular then?

UncleBrother2001 said:
Nice. I'm liking the sound of the disc. When I'm out at the shop I'll feel one and see what I think of it.

Hold a Neutron in your normal grip and then try and move your thumb. Most plastics will offer resistance but your thumb will still be able to slide on the plastic. With Neutron, your thumb sticks, you have to force it and then it skips over. Only other plastic like that, IME, is Lat 64 GL. MVP has their plastic down extremely well, no matter what anyone may think of their discs.

JR, in extreme cold temps you're going to get condensation on the surface of the plastic...any plastic. Your towel will be damp too. Then you complain about MVP grip under those conditions, gee no kidding. I'm not interested in comparing plastics and grip in the extreme conditions of Finland during an ice storm on top of the highest mountain, which would be about 200 ft. :wink:

BentElbow11 said:
UncleBrother2001 said:
Nice. I'm liking the sound of the disc. When I'm out at the shop I'll feel one and see what I think of it.

Hold a Neutron in your normal grip and then try and move your thumb. Most plastics will offer resistance but your thumb will still be able to slide on the plastic. With Neutron, your thumb sticks, you have to force it and then it skips over. Only other plastic like that, IME, is Lat 64 GL. MVP has their plastic down extremely well, no matter what anyone may think of their discs.

JR, in extreme cold temps you're going to get condensation on the surface of the plastic...any plastic. Your towel will be damp too. Then you complain about MVP grip under those conditions, gee no kidding. I'm not interested in comparing plastics and grip in the extreme conditions of Finland during an ice storm on top of the highest mountain, which would be about 200 ft. :wink:

When are you gonna stop trolling? You might give me credit for having thrown in all kinds of weathers during my twelve years in the sport. From freezing to baking. Neutron sucks ass in wet conditions that do not come from condensation. I do have eyes and feeling in the fingers with which i have experienced N in all kinds of conditions. N is not the end of everything. Quit wasting the time of everyone and move to Norway the home of the trolls. You might try the thumb slide test on FLX and cleaned Vibram X link and sorry you cannot dictate to others that comparing Neutron to objectively grippier plastics is unfair like you tried to in another thread. Sorry the laws of nature do not changevst your command.

JR said:
BentElbow11 said:
UncleBrother2001 said:

When are you gonna stop trolling? You might give me credit for having thrown in all kinds of weathers during my twelve years in the sport. From freezing to baking. Neutron sucks ass in wet conditions that do not come from condensation. I do have eyes and feeling in the fingers with which i have experienced N in all kinds of conditions. N is not the end of everything. Quit wasting the time of everyone and move to Norway the home of the trolls. You might try the thumb slide test on FLX and cleaned Vibram X link and sorry you cannot dictate to others that comparing Neutron to objectively grippier plastics is unfair like you tried to in another thread. Sorry the laws of nature do not changevst your command.

Me trolling? When's the last time you created a new thread? You constantly come in on discussions, many of them mine, and attempt to impart your "wisdom'", which is usually a bunch of convoluted nonsense. You tend to argue everything, just for the sake of arguing. The result is more and more nonsense. If you were a smart guy, you'd have realized that early on.

Do you live in a vacuum over there in Finland? "Freezing and baking" temps, really? My goodness. I routinely play in 100+ temps in California and Nevada, well below freezing temps at 6500 ft in the mountains, and also in Alaska where "cold and wet" is the norm, even in July. Not just me too, lots of us here in the US! :roll:

And you chose FLX as a comparison in your argument against Neutron grip? FLX is a unique specialty plastic created to be very soft and tacky. Who else besides Discraft puts out anything like it, other than a few super soft putter blends? Oh, and Vibram? In case you didn't know, Vibram isn't even plastic, it's rubber.

It's obvious you don't like MVP plastic. So much so, that according to you a towel can't get Neutron dry(LMAO). The laws of nature...more like the world according to JR.

Put a sock in it until you know what you're talking about...12 years and counting. Neutron doesn't "suck ass" just because you say so. I think MVP knows what they're doing with their plastics. I have serious doubts whether you know what you're doing, however.

Banhammer that guy please what a liar. Or drug addict or totally incompetent reader in any case unable to connect the dots. I am done correcting his errors. Dgcr take him back.

JR, you're so full of sh*t, I don't know how they put up with you here. You accused me of trolling, when it was you who trolled a discussion between me and another poster in this thread about a Neutron Tangent. You then trolled another thread of mine about Neutron grip. Putting out nonsense like the grip "sucks ass", you can't get it dry with a towel, you have unusually dry and thin skin, etc. WTF! Pure lunacy.

You have a dishonest mind, and hypocrisy that's off the charts. When someone disagrees with you and then throws your insults back in your face, you call them a liar, drug addict, and in need of psychiatrist? The mirror never lies?

How often do you get in a fight or do you act like that only in the net? If you do not get regular beat downs it is because people realize that you have got some serious issues and do not know what you do. I am sorry for your troubles but at the same time cannot be bothered to waste more time with you. Besides i lack the education to help you. I can only guess at what makes you so off. I would ask a psychologist or psychiatrist for an analysis of yourself. They might be able to help you. Have a better life than you have had thus far.

You seem to mention drugs, troubles, and psychiatrists a lot here. Is that code for meds, breakdowns, and sanity tests in your case? If you're not well, why bring your problems here?

What part didn't I read right?

Quote from JR on this page:

"Neutron and it is not good enough tackiness wise around here more in the Tern thread already. And of course i use a towel in bad weather and thus far i have not come across one that would dry up the disc well enough. In cold weather with a dry Neutron the tackiness is not good enough."

Perhaps you'd like to explain how a towel will dry your other plastic, but not Neutron? Because, make no mistake, in your unrivaled stupidity that's exactly what you're implying.

And how about this gem of wisdom from JR:

"Most Pro drivers are made more OS than Champs because Pros do wear quicker a prime example being the Boss."

^^^This is simply idiotic! Innova has even begun to assign different numbers to their Champion drivers to reflect the higher stability of Champion plastic vs their other plastics.

Do you play disc golf in an alternate universe or something?

Woah, I should be the one aggrevated here I have stupid neighbors and I've been in the sun for 9 hours working. :lol:

You know from the sun frying my brain...crickets :D

Sorry just trying to lighten up the thread

Yeh, sorry for messing up your bag thread, we were trying to discuss the Tangent in Neutron plastic, right?

But he's always lurking, and this time he went off the rails. Same thing when you and I were trying to discuss putting technique and wrist action...he swooped in and dumped all over that discussion too. How many others? I've lost count. Finally had to back him off. Then he went ballistic, talking about lies, drugs and psychiatrists. Must be a tortured place...

BentElbow11 said:
Yeh, sorry for messing up your bag thread, we were trying to discuss the Tangent in Neutron plastic, right? But he's always lurking, and this time he went off the rails. Same thing when you and I were trying to discuss putting technique and wrist action...he swooped in and dumped all over that discussion too. How many others? I've lost count. Finally had to back him off. The he exploded. Then I had some fun.

It's cool. It happens sometimes.

I still don't know when I'll be able to get in to feel a Tangent. This Yardwork will take some time to fully finish. I'm going to a bit at a time even though I'm off for 4 days don't mean I'll get it all done. That sun was very hot today and I was out in it way too long than I should have been. So I'll be doing just a few hours in the sun at a time instead of all day. :lol:

I really want to hit the course. Hoping I will be able to pretty soon.

UncleBrother2001 said:
BentElbow11 said:
Yeh, sorry for messing up your bag thread, we were trying to discuss the Tangent in Neutron plastic, right? But he's always lurking, and this time he went off the rails. Same thing when you and I were trying to discuss putting technique and wrist action...he swooped in and dumped all over that discussion too. How many others? I've lost count. Finally had to back him off. The he exploded. Then I had some fun.

I still don't know when I'll be able to get in to feel a Tangent. This Yardwork will take some time to fully finish. I'm going to a bit at a time even though I'm off for 4 days don't mean I'll get it all done. That sun was very hot today and I was out in it way too long than I should have been. So I'll be doing just a few hours in the sun at a time instead of all day. :lol:

I'm sure you'll get around to trying the Tangent. And GL with your yard work, sounds like a big project.

BentElbow11 said:
UncleBrother2001 said:
BentElbow11 said:

I'm sure you'll get around to trying the Tangent. And GL with your yard work, sounds like a big project.

Thanks man. I'm pretty wore out from today and all I did was lay mulch and rock. they were telling me at Lowe's that planting the trees would be easier than what I did today. I looked at them weird when they said that. :lol:

Latest posts