• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Uncle B's Bag

I'm gonna try something a bit different with the bag. Experimental I should say.

Last time I played I was throwing the Rocs pretty far and throwing my Truth as far as my Fairway Drivers. So in that sense I'm gonna get me DD's version of DX plastic in a Truth and wear it in like a Roc and see how it does for me.

I've got my P-PD's that I can power down pretty good,one stable one a little flippy. In my head it looks like it could work.

I'm also just trying to cut down molds a bit since I've figured out the Truth can go really far for a mid and the P-PD is just great at powering down.

Gonna try and get out on the course soon and see if I really miss my Rival/Patriot combo. In all seriousness I thought it would be cool,internet wise,to have both as a Combo. Hey it works out great,but around here I may use them maybe 3 times at the most. Rest of the time it's Putters,Mids or my Distance Drivers.

I've been thinking about breaking in a classic Truth myself. The problem is, there are very few lines I can't hit with my lucid Truth. Still, I might pick up a classic just to see how they fly when broken in.

I can't see myself throwing a Rival/Patriot. My Teebirds are so amazing I can't see throwing anything else in their place. You're right about not needing fairways as much. When you throw the Truth and a Fuse for mids, a lot of fairways become redundant. Except the Teebird. Everyone needs a Teebird.

I forgot and didn't go back and read the entire thread, but have you thrown an Escape? To me it's like a straighter, more controllable Beast. It's the one disc I like even more than my Truth. My lucid Escape is my primary distance driver right now. It's a nice compliment to a C-PD and a Teebird,

JTdisc said:
I've been thinking about breaking in a classic Truth myself. The problem is, there are very few lines I can't hit with my lucid Truth. Still, I might pick up a classic just to see how they fly when broken in.

I can't see myself throwing a Rival/Patriot. My Teebirds are so amazing I can't see throwing anything else in their place. You're right about not needing fairways as much. When you throw the Truth and a Fuse for mids, a lot of fairways become redundant. Except the Teebird. Everyone needs a Teebird.

I forgot and didn't go back and read the entire thread, but have you thrown an Escape? To me it's like a straighter, more controllable Beast. It's the one disc I like even more than my Truth. My lucid Escape is my primary distance driver right now. It's a nice compliment to a C-PD and a Teebird,

I throw the Lucid Escape, and concur. It compliments my QOLF...which is pretty close to a C-PD. Uncle and I have actually been discussing the Escape in PM's.

UncleBrother2001 said:
BentElbow11 said:
Yeh, sorry for messing up your bag thread, we were trying to discuss the Tangent in Neutron plastic, right? But he's always lurking, and this time he went off the rails. Same thing when you and I were trying to discuss putting technique and wrist action...he swooped in and dumped all over that discussion too. How many others? I've lost count. Finally had to back him off. The he exploded. Then I had some fun.

It's cool. It happens sometimes.

I still don't know when I'll be able to get in to feel a Tangent. This Yardwork will take some time to fully finish. I'm going to a bit at a time even though I'm off for 4 days don't mean I'll get it all done. That sun was very hot today and I was out in it way too long than I should have been. So I'll be doing just a few hours in the sun at a time instead of all day. :lol:

I really want to hit the course. Hoping I will be able to pretty soon.

Sorry about trying to mix in some truths in the middle of lies trying to keep the facts right on this site. He got to my ignore list. You should read all the recent posts from him and me to see a liar in action. I cannot be bothered any more i have put in enough data for anyone knowledgeable to see where he is coming from. I only want him to screw his head back on or seeing his back for good. :D

:shock: These "lies" you speak of are direct quotes of your own words. Are you not well?

JTdisc said:

I really want to try one. I think maybe in the next couple of weeks I'll be able to get one or maybe two Classic Truth's. I'm thinking of having one that is really flippy and is good for turnovers then having one that with flip into nice straight shots with no fade. Then I'll have my Lucid that is just great for monster Fade shots. I don't mean monster as in overstable I mean in distance. If I can get the Classic Truths as far as my Lucids I'll be pretty darn happy. Then my Truth's will be my Fairways :D

Yeah man Teebirds are an amazing disc. I used them for many years coupled with my Leopards. Tried many things in it's spot after I got the "try these new companies" bug. :lol: The Rival is pretty darn close to a Teebird though. In my opinion a Rival has a tad bit of turn where the Teebird is just really straight with fade.

Never tried an Escape but me and BentElbow11 have been sending PM's back and forth about it. No matter how much I would love to try an Escape I'm gonna be sticking with what I have for now.They are very tempting though. I really like my PD's, especially my P-PD's. The only new thing in my sights are those 2 Classic Truths. :D

Man, I can't find anywhere that has 170gram Orange Classic Truths. Been Rockin 170 with the Truth and I like it really well in this weight. Was hoping to get some Classics in 170 as well.

I did update my OP with the new bag I'm running with now.

If the weather holds up today I'll be going and getting a round in.

When playing a round on a course, do you ever feel like you need something between the mids and the Beasts/PDs?

Right now I carry a full compliment of 3 mids, 3 speed 7 fairways, and 3 speed 9-10 control drivers. I don't like powering things down too much and like having just the right disc for the distance I need.

JTdisc said:
When playing a round on a course, do you ever feel like you need something between the mids and the Beasts/PDs?

Right now I carry a full compliment of 3 mids, 3 speed 7 fairways, and 3 speed 9-10 control drivers. I don't like powering things down too much and like having just the right disc for the distance I need.

At the moment I don't really feel the need for a Fairway Driver.

I can get my Truth out to 330ft to 340ft now. That's one reason why I want to get my hands on some Classic Truth's. Want to see when they get broke in if they go as far as Lucid.

I mentioned in a thread or in here a while back that I pushed a Lucid Truth to 380ft a couple of times. But it was on a wide open shot.

I went out today and threw some more. Getting more consistent with my bag and my Truths are for sure giving me some Fairway type Distance. Was getting them out to 330ft to 340ft today with a good smooth rip. I had a smile come to my face. So I can't really find any 170 Classic Truth's so I guess I'll have to go with 2 175 Orange ones.

Nice man. That certainly explains why you don't have much need for fairways!

JTdisc said:
Nice man. That certainly explains why you don't have much need for fairways!

Thanks man.

This disc is just awesome. Best Mid I've ever thrown,next to a Roc and a Comet. I really think it's the combination of the speed and glide that cause this puppy to go so far.

JR said:
How do the Comets compare distance wise to the Truths? How far do you throw each?

Comets I can get pretty far,but only if I have room. I would have to say about 310ft average with them and can power them down good too.

I went with the Rocs because of the Stability of them and different flights of them when worn. My Rocs go as far as my Comets. Well not a brand new one one,but once worn in a Roc goes just as far.

The Truth's out do both of them in distance.Once I get the Classics it will be an easy transition from Roc to Truth. In my head the classics will have similar lines as my 11x KC Pro's they will just go farther

I was watching a Tourney today and was watching the Pro's doing full on run up into an X-Step on these 500ft holes. I studied how they did it and when they transitioned into an X-Step.

Well first few throws was terrible. I had so much OAT in my throw I could have poured milk on it and had it for breakfast. But with failure there is success. I finally figured out my OAT issues with this throw and started getting my Beasts out to the 410ft+ mark and was getting my PD's out to 410ft.

I also took that final feel of the transition and was able to put it into my 4-Step X-Step. I was throwing my Rocs and Truth much much more accurately and with more power. I had to tone it down just a bit.

Almost had 2 aces today after I figured out this. Hit chains on one and hit the basket on the other. If it wasn't so dang hot out there today I would have stayed longer,but all in all I had a pretty successful learning day today.

Monday I'm going to this one course where it requires some Fairway type drives. It will be a good day to test my theory that a Truth can work as a Fairway Driver. I'll let you guys know how it goes

Latest posts