• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Uncle B's Bag

That should be intetesting. I would really like to know well it is workable hyzer flat anny mild and tight tilts and which way is easier to make it turn laterally and does it push straight despite angle or turn immediately.

I had some things come up due to the stinkin work schedule changing,but I still plan on doing what I was saying before about using the Truth as a Fairway. I should be out on the course soon.

I didn't get to make to the course I wanted to try out the Truth for you there JR.

I did however get to make it to the Local course for some good ol fashioned wide opened rips at the hole that is 468ft.

I think me learning that new X-Step has helped me out a ton in getting some extra ooomph on my Destroyers and Terns. These were the distances I was getting.

PD's - P-PD's was averaging about 395ft. The C-Line and S-Line was right behind it. I'm guessing it was at least 390ft.

Beasts were getting me out to 405ft to 410ft. Longest rip was a good perfect throw. I hit it for 425ft.

Damn Destroyers were killin it. I was hitting them around the 415ft to 425ft mark. All Destroyers are a Star,Champion,Blizzard and Pro. I was having more Success with the Star and Pro. When I hit the Blizzard just right it was furthest flying. Really enjoy the feel of the Destroyers.

Terns were hitting the same mark as the Destroyers but I really had to focus on keeping the nose down a ton. Had some good rips and some terrible ones. One drive I had with my Champion Tern was a on a rope throw to 420ft. It felt awesome.

I have trouble with jump putts when they are out of my Jump Range,so I've been focusing on this really light nose up approach shot. Made a few and really whiffed on a few.

All in all it was a good learning day. Especially since the Destroyers were killing it for me. If I can start hitting these lines and distance all the time. I may put them in the bag again for just those big drives and the Star Tern for big Turnovers. I know it will go against my minimalist approach,but I was really feeling good with those drives today.

Sweet! Sounds like you're really making progress with the big D drivers.

I don't throw them very often myself, but there are two wide open 575' holes on a local course here that just beg for a Destroyer/Tern/Trespass. I'm often tempted to put them back in the bag. Out of those three, the Destroyer was always my favorite.

If you've got the Destroyer really dialed in you could put that in the bag and hold of on the Terns for a while. It sounds like your Beasts are pretty money in the US distance slot right now and the Tern isn't giving you a reliable distance increase. So keep throwing those Terns in the field until you figure them out and then put them in.

Minimalism is for suckers. Fill up that bag! (J/K I go back and forth every few weeks. Right now I'm in a "carry lots of discs" mode, next month I'll probably be back on the minimalism bandwagon).

JTdisc said:
Sweet! Sounds like you're really making progress with the big D drivers.

I don't throw them very often myself, but there are two wide open 575' holes on a local course here that just beg for a Destroyer/Tern/Trespass. I'm often tempted to put them back in the bag. Out of those three, the Destroyer was always my favorite.

If you've got the Destroyer really dialed in you could put that in the bag and hold of on the Terns for a while. It sounds like your Beasts are pretty money in the US distance slot right now and the Tern isn't giving you a reliable distance increase. So keep throwing those Terns in the field until you figure them out and then put them in.

Minimalism is for suckers. Fill up that bag! (J/K I go back and forth every few weeks. Right now I'm in a "carry lots of discs" mode, next month I'll probably be back on the minimalism bandwagon).

You are correct. Those Terns can be very finicky. If you hit them just right they sail so far up in the air. They stil go a long way,but not over 400ft. I'm still not gonna completely quit throwing them. I could see the benefits of using both them and the Destroyer together. Kinda like my Beast/PD combo just further.

Those Destroyers were working very well. The extra momentum I get from that running X-Step increases my Arm speed enough to reap the benefits out of the Destroyer. I know lots of guys can throw them further,but for me If I can average 420ft everytime with a Destroyer I'm gonna be happy as crap. I've also been having success forehanding them.

Made some changes to the bag.

Put my Terns and Destroyers back in.

I pretty much figured out that me and the Champion Tern just don't like each other. It's either a good throw or a terrible throw. I don't like throwing something I can't be consistent with. However the G-Star and Star Terns work just fine for me.We get along very well and I'm getting these out pretty far now.

The Destroyers are my Headwind and Stable Bombers now. Easy to control after learning the new running X-Step.

My Beast and PD's have become strictly control drivers which is good now that I now exactly what lines these discs like to be thrown on. It's a good thing I used for a bit and multiple throws later they still treat me good.

Man I really want to try an FD,but I can't by anything for a while so that's out of the question. I also like my Truth's for this spot in the bag too so I don't know how well that will work. More than likely I'll stick with a Truth,but man an FD just sounds really good.

UncleBrother2001 said:
Man I really want to try an FD,but I can't by anything for a while so that's out of the question. I also like my Truth's for this spot in the bag too so I don't know how well that will work. More than likely I'll stick with a Truth,but man an FD just sounds really good.

I'm a big Dynamic Discs fan and the Escape and Truth are my two favorite discs. If it wasn't for brand loyalty I might be tempted to say the FD is my new favorite disc. It's just that good. The problem is that it kinda sits right between an Escape and Truth. Not quite as long as an Escape, but very close. Slightly less fade than the Escape. It's like a straighter seasoned star Teebird. A mild turn with very little fade. They feel dead sexy in the hands.

Definitely try one out when you can, but if you're on a disc buying hiatus for a little while, you can definitely get by with your current lineup.

I never really figured out champ Terns either. Stars are predictably flippy, the champs, who knows? I use my champ for rollers.

My C Terns flip the same given the same conditions. They behave similarly in different conditions within tvose different conditions. I just prefer the straighter Cranks and the Sorcerer is a smidge more hss i tall VIP than the C Tern.

Crap guys. I'll be out for a bit. I almost broke my leg so I won't be doing any disc golfing anytime soon. I have a pretty bad High Ankle Sprain and let me tell you it sucks.

I hope it is not bad. I had to have surgery and it took a few years until i was able to heel pivot and bracing is iffy. And painful if not done only a few times per session. So i hope the muscle and tendon membranes did not break. Avery Jenkins said that sprains have to heal properly or they will get worse. He mirrored what my doc said to me.

JR said:
I hope it is not bad. I had to have surgery and it took a few years until i was able to heel pivot and bracing is iffy. And painful if not done only a few times per session. So i hope the muscle and tendon membranes did not break. Avery Jenkins said that sprains have to heal properly or they will get worse. He mirrored what my doc said to me.

That's what I'm hoping too. It popped really loud beside my shin and I instantly grabbed that part of my leg when it happened.

I did something kinda dangerous yesterday. The ankle and lower calf area is still pretty sore,but I went hiking with my buddies anyways. I only had trouble a couple of times. Probably wasn't a smart thing to do :lol:

I was able to get some disc golf in the other day. The ankle is still pretty sore,but the compression sock really helped out a lot. Shot -8 for the round and thought that was pretty good to be still hurt.

I did put the Stalker back in the bag. I actually found 2 shots that the Stalker does better than my truth. Parked a big dogleg right with the Stalker and I had an awesome par save upshot with the other shot.

I didn't go with the Ti plastic. I prefer Z

Been rethinking my bag just a bit as I've been able to play more since the ankle is getting better.

After my injury it's like I've relearned how to throw. Been getting some good distance without the run up I was doing.

I'm putting my Z Stalker back in for every type of Fairway control shot

Taking my Terns out and using my Pro Destroyer and Beasts for Turnovers now.Seems to working well for me.

Before I got downpoured on earlier I had 7 birdies in a row,then some not so good holes,but shot 12 under before I had to just leave.Putting was very good today.

It is good that something positive came out of that injury. It is pretty common for people learning polishing of snap to first reach the same D with less effort before you will learn how to throw farther than before. Once you do that learning also a high speed running while maintaining the great snap is rare but magnificient once it happens. Only very few learn that.

JR said:
It is good that something positive came out of that injury. It is pretty common for people learning polishing of snap to first reach the same D with less effort before you will learn how to throw farther than before. Once you do that learning also a high speed running while maintaining the great snap is rare but magnificient once it happens. Only very few learn that.

I'm always striving to get better even though I know I'll never go pro or anything. I just strive to get better because I enjoy the satisfaction of a well played round.

I went and ran 4 miles yesterday. Ankle and shin area was fine until I got to that point then it started to get a little painful. It's all good though I'll soon be 100% again.

Fingers crossed that you are correct and will be back on the saddle with added power. I have too often broken distance records after injury. Rest, thinking and drilling put to practice.

Haven't played since that day JR. Been taking care of my woman and haven't had a chance to get out to the course. I plan on getting out there in the next few days though.

I do remember I told you I was going to get those Truths. I wish I could. The old lady has me taking care of a few things so It may be next year before I can get anymore plastic. :( :lol:

Latest posts