• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Unexpected surprise from a 1st class act

DGfan68

Par Member
So, here's my story. Its been a long day and I get home after a 60 hour week and I'm stumbling down to the mail box thinking about all of the chores I need to do for the weekend. As I am opening the door to the mailbox, I can tell its full, but it is hard to see in the dark. When I reach in to pull out what I think is a boat load of more bills, I suddenly sense a familiar feeling; the slick plastic package around the rim of a golf disc. Suddenly my mind is flooded with thoughts of a forgotten order or perhaps the PDGA was sending me a disc for renewing my membership, but I know that wasn't likely.

With a renewed vigor and that new disc excitement, I hasten my steps to the light of the garage. Once I reach the dim glow of the economy light bulb, I see clearly, there on the label, the business heading for CommunityDiscs.com.

Since I know my wife is waiting for me right inside the door and I know she is already not pleased at how many "Santa gift discs" I have received over the last month, I slip the package inside the back of my waistband under my coat. Once inside, I run her off with the threat of my cold hands needing to be warmed up and I am free to open the package without retribution from the wife.

As I am quickly opening the package, my brain is running an inventory of the things I ordered, but I know I have received everything. Then, as the disc comes into sight, I see its an illusive gem in the exact weight and color I have been looking for, however, for the first time, there is no business card with a hand written message like Justin ALWAYS sends. To top it all off, I had not ordered the disc, Justin Anderson of CommunityDiscs.com sent it to me FOR FREE!

Justin, man, you know how to treat customers right! THANK YOU! This is very kind of you and I am going to do my best to send business your way.
:clap: :thmbup: :D :clap:

CommunityDiscs.com

Being 45, I am very set in my ways and old fashioned in my expectations on how I want to be treated as a customer. I have purchased 175 discs in the past 18 months and only recently have I discovered and purchased from Justin.

When it comes to discs, I want to know exact weights and colors. With CommunityDiscs.com I know exactly what I am buying. Justin also has discs that have been very hard for me to find. He has fast shipping and always writes a personal message with a working knowing of my previous dealings; a very personal touch.

I recently ordered some various discs from Justin and had ordered a specific disc in the mix. Now, how he knew this particular disc was special to me, I don't know. However, he sent me a message that he still had two more if I were interested. I soon placed an order, but I was sent an e-mail in response with his apologies that he was mistaken and only had one. He offered me several options in which I was pleased and soon received one of the specific discs and another I was looking for anyway. I was perfectly happy with the deal. Then today, I unexpectedly received another one of the special discs out of the blue, free of charge. WOW! I can't say enough. From this day forward, CommunityDiscs.com is my go to supplier for my disc needs. Check them out guys.

That's some good damn feedback. You are a net-promoter fo sho.

what disc?

Westside Tournament Underworld 168g in turquise. I have them in several stages of wear and backups. The trick is to power down your shots. I use them for all kinds of shots and they feel great in the hand. I have other Underworlds in different colors in Tournament plastic, but they aren't quite the same. I have then in VIP and they are even more difference.

175 discs in the past 18 months? holy ****

Yeah, don't tell my wife. However, I have bought discs for my whole family and friends and anyone I think I can get addicted to this sport. Besides this hobby is cheaper than my last; don't ask.

I haven't ordered online yet since I have brick and mortar access, but when I do I'll check Justin's site first. This is yet another post of high praise for his site and I haven't seen anything negative. Pretty remarkable these days, honestly.

You know what, maybe I need a champ rhyno right now....

What I really wanna know is how you managed to get infracted twice already in just over 100 posts. That takes some doing. I have Menace in my handle and I get in less trouble than you.

What I really wanna know is how you managed to get infracted twice already in just over 100 posts. That takes some doing. I have Menace in my handle and I get in less trouble than you.

:popcorn: may have something to do with it.

I am extremely glad I gave Justin and communitydiscs. com a second chance. I have had nothing but good experiences since going back.

Sounds like he really hooked you up. :hfive:

good story, nice to hear things like that

(i'll never understand the hiding discs from the wife thing. honesty and open communication are the way to go. things can go bad when you start sneaking around)

Very nice review man!

(i'll never understand the hiding discs from the wife thing. honesty and open communication are the way to go. things can go bad when you start sneaking around)

I do agree with this though......;)

>>after a 60 hour week<<
>>Being 45<<
>>my wife...is already not pleased [about something DG-related]<<

Looks like I'm reading something about ME here.

I've always thought "hiding it from the wife" was more a figure of speech. To think that there are multiple items purchased that she has no clue about is a foreign concept to me.

having ordered 175 discs in the last 18 you should walk right in there with confidence with that 176th...confidence you will be sleeping on the couch!
i get it though. I just know if i lied I would be in deep ****. which is also why there are no gstar discs coming my way...

and commuitydiscs is a great place to shop and order plastic

My wife complains about my disc buying so I usually hide the purchases as well! I ship everything to a friends house now. Although every time I open the wife's trunk I find a new shoebox! Which just means time to buy some more discs :)

I was given both notices for trolling in one day for using this symbol. :popcorn:
It was completely unintentional. So, my way of rebelling is through my signature. :thmbup:

Latest posts