• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Upper Park Designs Backpack Bags

I've never really been focused on apparel, but if there is some desire for some new styles, I can make that happen!

image001.jpg

:D:D:D

:gross:

An UPD onesie would be tight. In more ways than one. Ha!

Attachments

• IMG_20150920_140920.JPG
    IMG_20150920_140920.JPG
    140.5 KB · Views: 60
Building a 1/2" pvc internal frame solved this immediately, and was the only modification I needed to make.
The frame creates a main compartment that easily holds 12-13 discs which is the total amount I typically carry.

Could you give me the details of this frame? Not the best handy man in the world lol

Upper Park Shift:

Can the mini pocket at the top of the bag hold a Mini Buzzz? I'm interested in the Shift because it looks more comfortable than my bulky Grip (Discmania). It might be a deal breaker if I can't bring my Mini Buzzz along.

Also, how is the lower back pad on the Shift? The sharp edge of the bottom of my Grip is the only part that connects with my back. I never feel the pad.

Last edited:
Upper Park Shift:
Also, how is the lower back pad on the Shift? The sharp edge of the bottom of my Grip is the only part that connects with my back. I never feel the pad.

The padding on the shift is thick enough that I don't feel the bottom of the bag hitting my back.

Sent an email inquiry to Upper Park's website and was told an updated Shift will be available in April. Guess I'll hold on to my Grip until then.

Curious to hear what will be changing

Upcoming v6 Shift changes:

Rebuilt front bottle pocket for better edge protection
Two feet, each pushed to the edge of the bottle pocket for better stand-ability and edge protection
Bungee removed from flap
Second zipper added to flap so the flap pocket can be accessed when the flap is tucked in or zipped up (think double ended pocket)
Inner mesh pockets removed
Mesh storage pocket added to the inside back wall, under the vertical disc pockets
Pen slip added inside mini disc pocket

Unconfirmed change: thick piping added along bag seam to hold the bag open while in use

:popcorn:

Two feet, each pushed to the edge of the bottle pocket for better stand-ability and edge protection
Bungee removed from flap
Second zipper added to flap so the flap pocket can be accessed when the flap is tucked in or zipped up (think double ended pocket)
Mesh storage pocket added to the inside back wall, under the vertical disc pockets

Unconfirmed change: thick piping added along bag seam to hold the bag open while in use

Great news! Any word on color choices?

Bungee removed from flap

Very nice.
I won't likely have an incentive to upgrade, but I will certainly kick the idea around when you send the upgrade loyalty code.
Although, if you have a different green, I'll have to not show it to my fiancé.

Bungee removed from flap

Sounds really good

Why remove the inner side mesh pockets

Sounds really good

Why remove the inner side mesh pockets

Good question. This was a tough decision. The main reason being that because the inner mesh pockets back the outer discs with nothing but material in-between, I've had some customers deal with warping and dents. There really should be padding on that wall. It also adds to the complexity and labor in building the bag. As I'm trying to keep the price as close to ~$120 as possible, removing them seemed like a way to even out the other changes.

If it remains a major missing feature of the v6, we can always add it back on the v7! I'm hoping the new mesh pocket on the back wall will be a good spot to move those loose items. Unfortunately it doesn't solve the problem if you're used to storing discs in those inner pockets.