• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Upper Park Designs Backpack Bags

I'm pretty sure if y'all made a Focus styled bag that held 14 discs it is the bag I would carry. I've ordered the all black Focus but I can't figure how to cover all my shots with 10 discs.

I love my Focus though it hasn't arrived yet, I think.
I agree this is an ingenious design that needs only a few tweaks to be perfect.

1) Replace side zippered pockets with bottle holders
2) Make a front zippered pouch big enough to carry a couple extra discs if you need more than 10 but will also give you a great storage option if 10 discs is all you need.

With the addition of the front pouch and side bottle holders this bag would probably be able to stand upright as well which would be another upgraded feature.

I ordered a Focus and h2o bladder 2 weeks ago. How long does shipping usually take? I've only received the email confirming the order from Upper Park.

I'm not upset. I'm just anxious to start using it.

How long does shipping usually take?

Ahh dang. I'm sorry man! I must have sold out of Hydrapaks right before you ordered. I thought I emailed everyone regarding the warehouse miscount. The Hydrapaks arrived today and all orders including one should ship tomorrow. If you get a second, shoot me an email with your order number and I will refund you for the shipping costs.

@ [email protected]

Ahh dang. I'm sorry man! I must have sold out of Hydrapaks right before you ordered. I thought I emailed everyone regarding the warehouse miscount. The Hydrapaks arrived today and all orders including one should ship tomorrow. If you get a second, shoot me an email with your order number and I will refund you for the shipping costs.

@ [email protected]
Email sent!

Thank you, good sir or madam, for your excellent customer service! As a dog owner, I have learned patience so I was gonna wait another week before I emailed you. Even then I would have been polite.

I'm 123 days into a warranty claim with no response on a shift. I loved the bag but this lack of service is not ok. I'm not sure how to get into contact with them but i have filed a claim with email info. The backpacks are awesome but if you have problems this may be useful info when deciding on bags.

I'm 123 days into a warranty claim with no response on a shift. I loved the bag but this lack of service is not ok. I'm not sure how to get into contact with them but i have filed a claim with email info. The backpacks are awesome but if you have problems this may be useful info when deciding on bags.
I have yet to hear any negative experience with UPD customer service. I would reach out again, you may have just fallen through the cracks.

I'm 123 days into a warranty claim with no response on a shift.

I'm so sorry you've been waiting that long! If you check the website, the ticking system has been removed from our "Contact Us" section because there was a major problem that was just causing to much trouble.

For now, email is the best option. [email protected]

I'll keep an eye out for your email. Sorry again for the long wait.

I just went to UPD's site to check out specs on the pinch, and see they're now taking pre-orders for the Pinch v2! The new gray color looks great! I'm currently using a sniper and saving for a grip, but am now thinking about replacing the sniper with this. It sure would have been nice to have one of these last week for my flight, instead of using the UPD Draw

https://upperparkdesigns.com/collections/bags/products/thepinch?variant=40326360644

I love the Shift but I really like the design on the Pinch...:p

A larger Pinch like design that holds more discs would be :cool: and a good Idea. It is like they took a Hydration Pack and modified the design to hold disc. Though Upper Parks should put on bottle holders as well like on the front straps like you see some of the Hydration packs so the Hydration pack can have more then just water, the runners often put sports drink in one of the two bottles up front.

Well after doing a bit of research, I just placed an order for a jet black v6 Shift. Can't wait to get it. Hope shipping isn't brutal to receive. No options on site for fast shipping. Not going to lie, it feels extremely weird these days to have to pay for shipping.

To people with them: How well does the bag support itself when carrying as little as 8 discs (4 on outside, 2 putters, 2 mids in middle) with just a few items (small medkit, bottle of bug spray, small bottle hand sanitizer). I know it looks and performs with more discs, but we have a few courses here I wouldn't want to carry more than 8 for but I want to use 1 bag only now and stop switching to a nutsac/trooper/crunch for different courses.

Well after doing a bit of research, I just placed an order for a jet black v6 Shift. Can't wait to get it. Hope shipping isn't brutal to receive. No options on site for fast shipping. Not going to lie, it feels extremely weird these days to have to pay for shipping.

To people with them: How well does the bag support itself when carrying as little as 8 discs (4 on outside, 2 putters, 2 mids in middle) with just a few items (small medkit, bottle of bug spray, small bottle hand sanitizer). I know it looks and performs with more discs, but we have a few courses here I wouldn't want to carry more than 8 for but I want to use 1 bag only now and stop switching to a nutsac/trooper/crunch for different courses.

As long as you have something on the sides to add rigidity and a bottle in the bottle holder it'll be fine.

Oh awesome. I have a takeya 32oz heavy ass bottle I use a lot so it'll always be in there

Yeah, I always have a 32oz hydroflask in there.
You need a disc in a side pocket or it'll sort of tend to fold in on itself a bit, although the thing is so light and carries so well that if you take 10 when you really want 8, you won't notice the weight.

Yeah, I always have a 32oz hydroflask in there.
You need a disc in a side pocket or it'll sort of tend to fold in on itself a bit, although the thing is so light and carries so well that if you take 10 when you really want 8, you won't notice the weight.

Can't wait to play around with the bag and figure out what I'm doing. Hopefully the fiancé doesn't kill me when I told her I bought another bag!

Can't wait to play around with the bag and figure out what I'm doing. Hopefully the fiancé doesn't kill me when I told her I bought another bag!
Well if she kills you at least you won't have to get married :D

Broke down and bought a pinch v2. Price is on point, and I am upgrading from an economy prodigy bp3 bag. I carry 15 discs max, 2 protein bars, and one 24oz h20. From the comments posted, this bag will more than exceed my needs. Im also happy the bag is lighter. Previous one wasn't bad, but wore out easily. I will be waiting for arrival, impatiently.

I rediscovered my love for the Pinch today. I have been using it as my work bag but was wanting a smaller bag for disc golf as I've been carrying a lot fewer discs lately so I gave the Pinch another shot. The game changer for me was organizing the discs in the main pocket vertically instead of horizontally. With fewer discs, it worked so much better to put the discs in there vertically. Now, I'm hoping to receive a refresh code soon so I can order a V2 as I've put a decent amount of wear and tear on this one as an everyday work bag. It's holding up great but the side pockets have seen better days so I'm excited to get a new one. Are the refresh codes expected to be sent out in the near future?

My bag arrived! First impressions seem fantastic. Really awkward to use the bag when it's empty, but I can't think of any time I wouldn't have anything inside of it again. I put 8 drivers on the outside, 2 putters (roaches) up top, 3 DX Rocs in middle sleeve and a comet/firebird in last sleeve on bottom. Everything kinda feels jammed in at the moment, but I imagine some stretching will have to occur. Pack feels non existent on my back and I actually like the hip pads. Not a fan of all the straps and wish the backpack straps had the same elastic band strap-holder as the hip one does. Easy add I would think, might do it myself somehow.

My biggest concern is the middle currently, I'd like to carry one more in my last slot down but feels too tight atm. To pull out a disc right now, it pulls up whatever disc is in the slots above it. Not the end of the world, but might be annoying while playing to pull up one disc and get one pulled out. I'm hoping it's all just fresh and new and needs some beating in to really start shining. Kinda feel like my middle storage section is mostly unusable without pulling out discs to get down there.

My bag arrived! First impressions seem fantastic. Really awkward to use the bag when it's empty, but I can't think of any time I wouldn't have anything inside of it again. I put 8 drivers on the outside, 2 putters (roaches) up top, 3 DX Rocs in middle sleeve and a comet/firebird in last sleeve on bottom. Everything kinda feels jammed in at the moment, but I imagine some stretching will have to occur. Pack feels non existent on my back and I actually like the hip pads. Not a fan of all the straps and wish the backpack straps had the same elastic band strap-holder as the hip one does. Easy add I would think, might do it myself somehow.

My biggest concern is the middle currently, I'd like to carry one more in my last slot down but feels too tight atm. To pull out a disc right now, it pulls up whatever disc is in the slots above it. Not the end of the world, but might be annoying while playing to pull up one disc and get one pulled out. I'm hoping it's all just fresh and new and needs some beating in to really start shining. Kinda feel like my middle storage section is mostly unusable without pulling out discs to get down there.

I don't like more than 2 discs in each vertical slot because they're a pain to remove then, and the inside storage sucks to get at.
But, 3 drivers in a side pocket works very well. I was worried about overstretching, but so far it seems to be a non-issue.

Lately I've carried:
Vertical: 2 putting putters top, zone and proxy middle, DX roc and eagle bottom.
Left side: roc and stingray bottom, PD/firebird/wraith top
Right side: Teebird/Leo3 bottom, 3 valks top

It's worked quite well.

Edit: Try moving mid pairs to outside pockets and vertical storage will likely seem slimmer.

Last edited: