• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Upper Park Shift V6--Questions for other users

UKfan

Eagle Member
I just bought an Upper Park Shift for a trip that I will not be able to carry my cart. I have back problems and needed a lighter bag. The bag is light as advertised and is a cool design.

I have a couple questions for those that have used this bag.

First, do you carry any discs in the bottom compartment? If so, how has that worked for you? I was thinking of sticking a couple discs in the bottom but it is snug.

Second, there is a side slip pocket for a stool. However, I cannot tell how to secure the stool higher on the bag so that it will ride comfortably. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Finally, where do you keep your valuables? keys, phone, etc.

I searched for a thread on this bag and could not find one nor a thread that discussed these issues.

I never tried putting discs in the center, also never tried using a stool so I can not help you with those two.
For valuable storage I used the zippered pouches on the hip belt as well as the zippered pocket on the main flap. If you need more storage for small items then I would recommend getting a small zippered pouch(tool pouch or pencil pouch) and dropping that in the main storage area.
I have not used that bag for awhile now but I did record a review video at the time of use. If you are curious for some other details about how I used the bag:https://youtu.be/Go9uz8BDi9s

Never carried any discs in the bottom storage. Typically have too much other stuff in there. I did find 3 discs in the weeds when looking for mine last night, and stuck them in there. Couldn't really get them out without removing my water bottle (40oz, so kind of tall) I usually only carry 16-18 so the rest of the storage has plenty of room.

I keep valuables in the hip pockets, like Doth said. Newer phones might be more of a squeeze to get in there. Could probably use the zippered flap pocket instead, plenty of room in there but probably not a good option if you're using your phone during the round.

First, do you carry any discs in the bottom compartment? If so, how has that worked for you? I was thinking of sticking a couple discs in the bottom but it is snug.

I've carried a few discs there, but it doesn't really seem worth it. If you keep any other stuff there (towels, jacket, snacks, whatever) it becomes a bit of a pain to access those discs. Or rather put them back, once you've pulled one out. I don't think any of the discs I've put there have deformed or anything, though.

Second, there is a side slip pocket for a stool. However, I cannot tell how to secure the stool higher on the bag so that it will ride comfortably. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I have the older version without the slip pocket, but I think the idea was to tie it to one of the plastic rings at the top of the bag.

Finally, where do you keep your valuables? keys, phone, etc.

Side pouches and the top pocket. The side pouches seemed a bit daft at first, but they're actually pretty awesome. The bag tilts a bit, so they're off the ground and they're super accessible.