• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

USDGC coverage

I seriously hate those small clips on Facebook.

I don't watch any other sports, I haven't played any other sports since high school. And even then I played tennis and golf so I could ride the bus with girls and get out of class. twas no care for actually playing.

So for me not having live coverage angers me. I look forward to the next live coverage each time. Especially worlds and usdgc. i believe usdgc was the first live event I ever watched.

Plus, if Im remembering correctly,there was a usdgc with like a four way playoff, and that was one of the most epic and intense matches i have seen. Really solidified the enjoyment of watching disc golf.

I don't think watching post production does the excitement as well. I still get excited, but I'm a disc golf nerd.

So I support disc golf exclusively with my time and money and can't even watch usdgc this year as it unfolds= sucks.

The average NFL game has a out 16 minutes of actual action. Otherwise it is a lot of commercials, watching people stand in a huddle, and shots of the sidelines. And the next day the NFL usually offers a condensed version of their games. If you cut out ALL the other BS, disc golf is about 20 actual minutes of "action".

I DVR the games I want to watch and fast forward through all the commercials and nonsense human interest ****e.

I much prefer 40 minute edited rounds by Marty/CCDG/Spin. Three and a half hour live disc golf broadcasts are not something in which i care to invest my time.
Edited rounds are fine. We get it. You aren't in the demographic that enjoys "live' sports.

Many people DO enjoy watching live events though. Its a unique experience that you can share in real-time with other fans/viewers. Chatting, talking trash, shooting the ****, on course drama, 'bathroom-gate', Nikko meltdowns, etc. All of that stuff just feels more fun when watching live with others.

I DVR the games I want to watch and fast forward through all the commercials and nonsense human interest ****e.

I do the same but while the game is actually going on... I pause it for a half hour, then come back and fast forward through the commercials, etc. until I catch up, then pause it for another half hour.

I wish that youtube could make some improvements to make it more fast forward/rewind friendly. 5 second skip/rewind buttons would be nice.

I have watched most of the live feeds this year and most of the post production videos. Last year I couldn't watch the live events without getting annoyed and motion sick. Smashboxx has really stepped up their game this year despite sometimes over commentating. Central coast Has a dynamic that no other disc golf channel has, and its great. Mcflysohigh was the most innovative and crisp YouTube disc golf channel for the time. Marty filming for prodigy is like hiring an astronaut to mop the floors at NASA. Overall I am very thankful for every content creator that films a disc golf event. Live or not. But to many the USDGC is the biggest and best tourney of the year; It should be live streamed on YouTube and recorded and post produced. All disc golf media and disc companies need better marketing and advertising to get more viewers and more new players.
Go Schusterick?

I do the same but while the game is actually going on... I pause it for a half hour, then come back and fast forward through the commercials, etc. until I catch up, then pause it for another half hour.

I wish that youtube could make some improvements to make it more fast forward/rewind friendly. 5 second skip/rewind buttons would be nice.

You can just push the arrow keys to skip short amounts of time.

We watch YouTube through Roku. It bumps 10 seconds forward but takes a long time to load after skipping. It seems like after a few days the same video will have pause/skip frames to view (does that make sense?) and can be skipped at 30 second intervals. Rewind is bad news on the Roku and often requires a restart of the video.

You can just push the arrow keys to skip short amounts of time.
What minimum amount would you want to get including covering expenses from pay-per-view for the Smashboxx team to cover the last two days of he USDGC if you were allowed to do so? If you could get 500 paying $5, $7 or $10, would that be enough?

But to many the USDGC is the biggest and best tourney of the year; It should be live streamed on YouTube and recorded and post produced. All disc golf media and disc companies need better marketing and advertising to get more viewers and more new players.

This. I understand Jussi's reasons, and I might agree with them for any number of tournaments... but the USDGC is one of the two biggest tournaments of the year (along with Worlds) (IMHO), and I'm just shocked it's not going to be live-streamed.

Not going to get in the weeds about who is covering what (and they all do a great job). Point here is to say that IMHO they should save up the money to be sure that the USDGC is the one to have live streaming. The tournament deserves it, and I hope they'll consider that going forward into 2017.

But still...doesn't make sense to "do it all" live coverage, bite sized streams, post produced, etc. smdh..

Meant to say.... "But still...doesn't make sense to NOT "do it all", live coverage, bite sized streams, post produced, etc. smdh.."

The blanket age-ism from old people is astounding

Assuming I am not a millennial is astounding. We are a very entitled bunch, which is why a pay to watch system won't work.

What they need are in-app purchases. Give the stream away for free, and then have premium content that can be purchased. We can watch for free, but there's no way for me to spend all my disposable income on it.

Guess I'll just buy Another backup destroyer on Facebook because the auction is only at $14 for a 10/10 175.

What they need are in-app purchases. Give the stream away for free, and then have premium content that can be purchased. We can watch for free, but there's no way for me to spend all my disposable income on it.
This sort of model has proven to be EXTREMELY successful on Twitch.tv.

People will spend tons of money just so they can spam unique emoticons in chat during a live broadcast.

Give me a Terry Miller "triple eye-roll" emoticon that I can spam in chat during the event and take my money please.

People will spend tons of money just so they can spam unique emoticons in chat during a live broadcast.

Give me a Terry Miller "triple eye-roll" emoticon that I can spam in chat during the event and take my money please.

I am ON IT! hahaha.

Yup, and all the free apps that make tons of money in every App Store.

Also, will I get the royalties for the triple eye roll gif?

What minimum amount would you want to get including covering expenses from pay-per-view for the Smashboxx team to cover the last two days of he USDGC if you were allowed to do so? If you could get 500 paying $5, $7 or $10, would that be enough?

I think you could get people to pay $10 to watch the last two days of USDGC. Would be a killer social experiment for the future of that model, too.

Can a pay wall be effectively erected in two weeks from a technical standpoint?

Latest posts