• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Vasque Hiking Shoes?

ken3592

Bogey Member
I have been looking for my ideal pair of disc golf shoes for years. I currently wear running shoes because I prefer light, flexible, more athletic-feeling shoes. The only problem with running shoes is their outsoles don't last for more than a few weeks of disc golfing, and they're mesh.

Anyone currently using Vasque hiking shoes that could comment on their durability? I've tried on the Mantra 2.0 and the Juxt shoes and they are super comfy, but I don't want to drop $120 if they aren't going to hold up.

I like the Juxt a lot. They have held up pretty good for me. I would say don't pay $120 for them though. I haven't paid more than $65 and I got a pair for $54 once I think. Just keep checking, they go on sale fairly frequently.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0041FHZ58/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_2?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B002NPCTOU&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1JNB76HZ7BFJ3DGSJBR5

Yeah actually the Juxt weren't $120. The Mantra 2.0 were $120. The difference is that the Mantra 2.0 have a Vibram outsole and are Gore-Tex ($128).

Does a Vibram outsole automatically mean a longer lasting outsole, in your experience?

Vibram definitely means longer lasting in my experience. I will say this is the first shoe I have owned that the sole did not start separating away. I have always had a problem with the left shoe next to the ball of the foot. It would always start separating. My last pair of Juxt lasted about 6-8 months, averaging about 5-6 rounds of golf a week. No separation, no tears, no torn up toe cap.

There is also a goretex version of the Juxt:

http://www.amazon.com/Vasque-Juxt-W...3HKRSL4/ref=pd_sbs_shoe_4/189-2972485-5494545

these also go on sale sometimes, I think I got a pair for $85 maybe.

I think you should try the Juxt unless you really need Vibram.

This is how much I like them: (plus 2 pairs not shown in picture)
IMG_20120521_174501.jpg

Are you getting these on sale on Amazon? Right now the lowest I can find is $72 for the non-gortex ones... :x

Yeah amazon mostly, I think backcountry.com for one pair. You're going to have to be patient to get the good deals. Good luck!

Bro just wear Jordan's and you will be like him on the court.....I mean Course....seriously though if it wasnt for the dam concrete pads I would wear soccer or football cleats 20 bucks at walmart

Cleats come in various configurations and all probably are too hard material for good grip on the tee. In soccer a lot of injuries come from improper combination of the cleat size, distribution and ground type. The best all round soccer shoe for disc golf would be tacky enough turf cleat with many small not too tall cleats. So for a cheap option sneakers it is if you don't like throwing barefooted. Expensive shoes have options but the price difference is easily over 120 USD for some good options.

I know no cleats grip the tee pads Like I said if it wsnt for the concrete tee pads

I've had two pair of Vasques. One pair is awesome, the other pair sucked. Shoes are such a personal thing, you are just going to have to try it out for yourself.

The brand, as a whole, is a quality one though, that's for sure.

Ryen91 said:
I know no cleats grip the tee pads Like I said if it wsnt for the concrete tee pads

And that is where expensive versions can have an edge although most of them don't. Have you read my thread about Vivobarefoot Off Road shoes? It rules on and off the tees. More off the tee actually. And it is the best that i've tried on the tee.

I have the Vasque Breeze backpacking boots and love them. We went to red river gorge in december and all my backpacking buddies were complaining about having cold, wet feet. Mine were fine :lol:

While browsing yesterday ,I saw some nice collection of hiking shoes at Hype dc store which are especially designed for enthusiasts & for outdoor activities .

Latest posts