• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Versatile Midrange Pairings

I throw all Innova drivers, but I love these Discraft mid molds.

Wasp/Buzzz/BuzzzSS

I agree with the posts above regarding feel of the disc, not having to learn to grip a different mold is really nice. The bead on the Wasp is a little different feel than the Buzzzes but they all three feel very similar in grip and throw.

I think the same effect is achieved by Roc throwers with a bunch of different Rocs of different wear. But that is a pain in the a-- to keep track of, and how do you replace one when you lose it? I like to know I can get what I want from a new disc with minimal time for seasoning. I've got some discs that have that special magic from being really well-seasoned, but in general I think it is probably not a good disc for me if I have to break it in for a long time to get it to work.

If I throw the Wasp/Buzzzz/BuzzzSS RHBH exactly the same on the field, they land about 10-20ft apart, left to right, in the order shown. Really reliable for me! I am thinking about adding a Hornet in there on the left.

Give the hornet a shot, but imo the drone is a better disc and fits in with the combo better. For me the hornet took a lot to get it to fly right and i couldn't take anything off of it. I really like my Z drone...

BTW, I forget, does the Fuse have a slant like the Core?

I want to say no, but I will check here at lunch to be sure. It's one of those things I try not to think about cause I am already thinking too much. lol

I carry a Sanny Q Sentinel, slightly beat Glo, pretty well beat KC Pro Roc, and Opto Fuse. I also have a D Zone that I only use for short approaches (<250) that fits in nicely with the Zero Pure I use for driving/approaches. I recently started using this set-up and feel pretty comfortable. Played on a really windy day last weekend and had more confidence in my mids than anything else.

Interesting...may fill that understable slot for me afterall, until I can beat the crap out of an Axis...

My opto seemed less noticeable than my GL but the GL is definitely less stable; FWIW Either one though; I would say the slant is negligible since it is so minor.

My opto seemed less noticeable than my GL but the GL is definitely less stable; FWIW Either one though; I would say the slant is negligible since it is so minor.

I'd go GL, so that it WOULD beat in faster...some seem to contend the difference between the Axis and Fuse is minimal, but given a good beating...

Hmm. This thread is really interesting because i just switched to the comet/roc combo for the exact same reason (similar speed, similar feel in the hand, and complimenting stabilities). I've been wondering what the fairway driver equivilant to the comet/roc combo would be?

Hmm. This thread is really interesting because i just switched to the comet/roc combo for the exact same reason (similar speed, similar feel in the hand, and complimenting stabilities). I've been wondering what the fairway driver equivilant to the comet/roc combo would be?

Teebird/TL
Eagle/EagleL
Teebird/Eagle (similar stability, but straight vs. workability)
Gazelle/Cheetah
Gazelle/Leopard
Gazelle...new, sesoned, beat
Eagle...new, seasoned, beat
PD/TD (if you consider speed 9 as fairway)
PD...new, seasoned, beat

I only use Rocs.
4x kenny for the most overstable shots
Slightly beatin bottom stamps for driving and majority of work
Major Beat (5-6/10) chings or 10 and 11x rocs for long hyzer flips and understable finishes.