• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are the chunks those "vomity" looking things?
they are the more dule colors, so i guess so:|
Well I don't have a camera right now, only texts, but it is very similar except orange, pink, green, purple, & a little blue & red. The bottom has the same colors but different pattern

then you have what is referred to as granite

I have an Ascent that looks kinda like that but different colors. How do I know if it is a "chunk" or whatever you call it or just a nothing special multi color disc???

There were no Chunk Ascents, so its the second option.
Enjoy throwing it. :hfive:

Disc golf center has Soles now. I picked up a pair of the granite white looking ones.

The Ascent's did come in Chunk. They only made a very limited run for the BG Am's player package. I have one at home, as I'm sure others do as well. You had the choice of the Ascent or Ridge chunk.
There were no Chunk Ascents, so its the second option.
Enjoy throwing it. :hfive:

On a side note I just ordered a Sole, Trak, and a Ridge to see what all the hub bub is about.

Disc golf center has Soles now. I picked up a pair of the granite white looking ones.
how many do you want man?
The Ascent's did come in Chunk. They only made a very limited run for the BG Am's player package. I have one at home, as I'm sure others do as well. You had the choice of the Ascent or Ridge chunk.

On a side note I just ordered a Sole, Trak, and a Ridge to see what all the hub bub is about.
you're wrong. those are referred to as granite's. the only chunks ever produced were summits, vps, and Christmas ridges

6215641928_48374658f3_z.jpg

got this sweet ascent!

Sweet...it's
fabulous-dude.jpg

i know you have at least 4 (the other one went out today)
Sweet! Yeah that one will make 5. I like having a stack for putting practice. It's really helped my putting and I like it as a driving putter too. I took wizards out of my bag completely and it was my everything inside of 250' disc. So far the Sole is handling that just fine. Nice floaty disc.

Sweet send me the wizards... Ridges are staying in the bag for a while, but I wouldnt even think about using them for putting.

I sold around 25 wizards over the last couple of months. All I have left are the ones I had in my bag and a couple nice big circle tooled glows and they aren't going anywhere :)

put it in the microwave for 30 seconds to a minute and then put the books on it overnight

Did 30 seconds and tried it. Looked like it helped just a little, so went to do a minute and this time the fiance saw me putting it in and gave me a strange look. I just said "Don't judge me." and she started laughing.

Thanks though. Hope it works.

I gotta give a quick shoutout to the VP. I may not throw it every round, but when the wind gets howling, it is my go to approach disc. I've been throwing the same one for 2 seasons and it is still super beefy. I leaned on it at Winthrop quite a bit. I didn't miss 1 upshot with the VP (this includes laying up on 17 all 4 rounds) during the "usdgc".

Did 30 seconds and tried it. Looked like it helped just a little, so went to do a minute and this time the fiance saw me putting it in and gave me a strange look. I just said "Don't judge me." and she started laughing.

Thanks though. Hope it works.

if its really bad you need a minute. any longer and it will start to lose its shape.

I gotta give a quick shoutout to the VP. I may not throw it every round, but when the wind gets howling, it is my go to approach disc. I've been throwing the same one for 2 seasons and it is still super beefy. I leaned on it at Winthrop quite a bit. I didn't miss 1 upshot with the VP (this includes laying up on 17 all 4 rounds) during the "usdgc".

this^

i dont use mine often but it comes in handy when i think i dont need it. i have the proto B and proto A's and those things feel way better than the production runs

Soft Ridge

Just got my soft Ridge; what a sweet disc. I love knowing I can throw right on goal and not worry about a bad skip, bad roll, etc. Great disc for approaches and it seems to "hug" the lip/rim of the goal. I had three putts in one round today that hit the lip, hung for a moment, then fell into the basket. The more I throw Vibram discs, the more they become my go to discs! Can't wait to get my Ibex, and ultimately a Vibram long range driver (care to throw us a bone on that subject Mr. Dodge?) Geaux Vibram!:thmbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.