• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flaming saber of doom?

We are leaning towards Purple Flaming Saber of Doom.

Seriously though, the name has not yet been determined. The potential confusion with the compound was realized after the name was molded in. Note: The Trek (and its future comparable mold with a different name) is PDGA Approved.

Just paid for a regular stiffness Summit! I handled one today at PIA, I was surprised at how much more firm it is than a soft. Do they hold that firmness forever? Can't wait to try it out.

I guess the cost of the trek will rise as stamping "purple flaming sabre of doom" will require more rubber. :)

Is it really noticeable how floppy the soft Ridges are? I mean, do they sag just sitting in your hand like a blowfly or do they hold shape unless you exert force on them?

Also, are there any plans to make a beadless putter? If you took the bead off a Summit and gave it more of a shoulder, I think it would be the perfect putter for me.

I posted picks of the softs a long while back. Prolly around page 59 or so. To lazy to look.

I emailed with Steve last night after noticing the dealer order forms lacked any discs in Soft. Steve said the softs won't be available until the fall so if you want one buy it asap.

In other news, Vibram/Steve announced at 12:30 today that the Trek will go into production in early June as the Trak. Oh that's going to be fun to see people posting for a "Trek not Trak".

Last edited:
Just got in my Trek tester and a nice sticker

IMG_20110427_114029.jpg

In unrelated news, we'll be changing the name of the Ascent to Accent.

and we'll be renaming the VP the Purple Death Ray of Lightning Doom.

-------------

I just hear Gilbert Gottfried (sp?) yelling in his duck voice, "AFTRAK!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts