• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What makes a Summit "First Run". I have a black one, wondering if it's really first run and whether or not it's some more rarer "collectible" that should remain unthrown?

Black and no flight numbers. Looks to be unthrown! I wouldn't be dumb to throw it would I? I'd hate to ruin a disc thats worth two of it's regular counter parts.

Oh and I have a Green with black speckles VP that "feels" light, and the flight plate is slightly transparent. Is that an indication that it is indeed light, or just due to the color?

Last edited:
It's designed from the get go as a putting putter, and is a bit more traditional in some senses. This time it might actually have some glide. =)

Sir Dodge has said that the sole is a beadless putting putter vs. Putt and approach. They are also designing it to have some dome to it to increase glide. I can't wait to see and feel it. Although I have tomsay that I am extremely disappointed to bear that the vibram logo will not be in the middle anymore:(

That sounds almost perfect to me. The thing is though, I kind of like the lack of glide in the putters they have now for putting purposes, it's the lack of glide that makes them a pain to drive and approach with IMO.

It all depends what you want your driving putter to do. My Ridge is 167g. My VP is 175g and I normally throw everything max weight. My Ridge does glide a bit more than the VP probably due to the weight difference. Perhaps heavier Ridge would drop more but I feel like I get just enough glide out of mine to do what I want it to.

I would certainly love to try a 175g VP with a dome to add glide. Could that create a disc with the same stability as the Ridge and more glide? That might be really sweet.

I'm really pleased with how my 170 M Ridge drives. I really don't want a driving putter to glide too much. I've got mids for that. When I'm driving my putter (or long approaching), I want it to predictably drop when and where I want it to. The Ridge does that.

I'm really pleased with how my 170 M Ridge drives. I really don't want a driving putter to glide too much. I've got mids for that. When I'm driving my putter (or long approaching), I want it to predictably drop when and where I want it to. The Ridge does that.

^^^ this ^^^

there is some usefulness in having discs with less glide when you have a bigger arm. Discs like the Ascent/VP/Ridge can help you range you shots much better. I am notorious for overthrowing holes with my BB Aviars. That hasn't been happening with the vibram putters. I have a lot more confidence knowing I can lay into a disc without worrying about over throwing my targeted landing area

There's little glide, and then there's the Ridge I had that felt like pushing an elephant through a wind tunnel. :| I may not have the biggest arm but any disc that makes me grunt to throw it 200' or more is not my cup of tea. :|

Black and no flight numbers. Looks to be unthrown! I wouldn't be dumb to throw it would I? I'd hate to ruin a disc thats worth two of it's regular counter parts.

Oh and I have a Green with black speckles VP that "feels" light, and the flight plate is slightly transparent. Is that an indication that it is indeed light, or just due to the color?

The Summit sounds like 1st run. They may be special one day, but not so much yet.

I'd love to see a pic of the VP. The "slightly transparent" piques my interest. (and yes, I am secretly happy that I found a use for the word piques.)

By slightly transparent I mean that it lets some light through. You can see the shadows from your hand through it if held up to the light, non of my other Vibrams even come close to that.

well i hope the ibex comes out soon or someone gets my hands on it. i am throwing a vector and it is working a solid place in my bag. i have a ridge and took it out with me and played an entire round with it and the more i learn to play with putters and mid ranges (instead of destroyers and bosses) the more i am loving the ridge. im not having an issue with glide at all

i did get my hands on some firm ridges/ascents and can see where people might think they are oil-slick feeling, but i think that is just preference. some people love star over champion, or opto over gold....

The Summit sounds like 1st run. They may be special one day, but not so much yet.

I'd love to see a pic of the VP. The "slightly transparent" piques my interest. (and yes, I am secretly happy that I found a use for the word piques.)

I'm just glad you spelled it 'piques' and not 'peaks'.

The two red ones I have sort of do this a little when held up to the light, but this green one does it without the light. Just seemed odd, non of the other Vibrams I had seen do this. I bought it thinking it's a 170+, but I am questioning that.

Attachments

• DSC03575.jpg
    DSC03575.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 18

I third this..... very predictable, my short game is spot on, erroneous drive, no problem, lazer guided ridge saves the day

I third this..... very predictable, my short game is spot on, erroneous drive, no problem, lazer guided ridge saves the day

Yesterday I birdied a hole I've never birdied in my life due to the balls straight drive from my ridge. I'm putting with my summit, but the ridge definitely has a spot in my bag as my driving putter or if i really need a stable putter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts