• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Vibram Fivefingers

Jesse B 707

* Ace Member *
:lol: anyone tried these?
http://www.burmarshoes.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=VFFM_KSO_grey&Category_Code=VFF&Product_Count=11
seems like they might be cool for less rugged terrain, not sure if i could deal with the harassment that would come with em though

:mrgreen:

that is SUPER funny

KSO_grey_s.jpg

I've been thinkin on it since it turns out wearing normal shoes makes you more prone to a different stride, and more ankle/foot injuries.

But probably won't go for it any time soon.

Guy who shops where I work has them, plus he is an Asian fellow and he signs his creditcard slips in chinese. We call him Ninja-guy. He never talks either. They make a funny squeaking sound on tile floor. Drives me crazy.

Well I'm taking the wife to REI in Charlotte tuesday, and if they have them there I might pick up a pair. They are on the website so I hope they have them in the store.

jeremy said:
Well I'm taking the wife to REI in Charlotte tuesday, and if they have them there I might pick up a pair. They are on the website so I hope they have them in the store.
they dont have em in my REI

I wonder if you can get a pair custom molded to your feet...I might thry them if you could. :-D Are you guys gonna paint the toenails on these if you get them? :lol:

Jesse B 707 said:
jeremy said:
they dont have em in my REI

They are on REI's website,http://www.rei.com/search?query=Vibram+Five+Fingers and if they are not at the REI store we'll just go to
US National Whitewater Center
820 Hawfield Rd
Charlotte, NC,
704-391-3900

EDIT:It's funny she made fun of all my shoes, and she looked up these shoes and she is wanting a pair also.

I want them. However, my second and third toes are stuck together. I'm going to fix that, and that stupid bb in my hand is coming out too. I'm going to get a knife.

Alright my wife and I both got a pair at the US National Whitewater Center in Charlotte, NC. What an amazing place wish we had all day. Rock climbing, whitewater rafting, kayaking, zip lines, hiking, mountain biking, also the training center for the Olympics.
O.k. back to the shoes. I got a pair of the KSO's, and the wife got the Classics. I recommend if anyone purchases them don't do it online because fit is very critical. We both had to go a size bigger than using the chart.

I have worn mine all day yesterday, and all day today and now I'm wearing them at work. They feel great in grass especially in the cool evening with a little dew. Feel good on the carpet, nice on side walks, and really good in stores on the tile floors. We went out to eat this evening and parked in a gravel parking lot (small gravel). I really liked it because I could feel each piece of gravel under my feet and feel the slight give.

My wife's Classics are tight on the toes but a little loose on the heel and are rubbing the back of her foot slightly, but overall no complaints.

Mine fit really good all the toes are filled out besides the pinky toe and that's because it is curled up. I love them and will keep wearing them all the time even at work unless I'm doing something that requires steel toes that day. Walking in the grass is really neat because you can still get dandelions stuck between your toes. In the city walking they make you more aware of where you are stepping (wife almost stepped on a nail).
They make you walk more on the balls of you feet instead of heel striking. After the 1st hr my knees and heels were hurting a little and that was because I was heel striking, and after realizing that I'm more aware of how I walk, and no more issues.

So far these are great, no disc golf in them yet, but I'm gonna try soon.

jeremy said:
Alright my wife and I both got a pair at the US National Whitewater Center in Charlotte, NC. What an amazing place wish we had all day. Rock climbing, whitewater rafting, kayaking, zip lines, hiking, mountain biking, also the training center for the Olympics.
O.k. back to the shoes. I got a pair of the KSO's, and the wife got the Classics. I recommend if anyone purchases them don't do it online because fit is very critical. We both had to go a size bigger than using the chart.

I have worn mine all day yesterday, and all day today and now I'm wearing them at work. They feel great in grass especially in the cool evening with a little dew. Feel good on the carpet, nice on side walks, and really good in stores on the tile floors. We went out to eat this evening and parked in a gravel parking lot (small gravel). I really liked it because I could feel each piece of gravel under my feet and feel the slight give.

My wife's Classics are tight on the toes but a little loose on the heel and are rubbing the back of her foot slightly, but overall no complaints.

Mine fit really good all the toes are filled out besides the pinky toe and that's because it is curled up. I love them and will keep wearing them all the time even at work unless I'm doing something that requires steel toes that day. Walking in the grass is really neat because you can still get dandelions stuck between your toes. In the city walking they make you more aware of where you are stepping (wife almost stepped on a nail).
They make you walk more on the balls of you feet instead of heel striking. After the 1st hr my knees and heels were hurting a little and that was because I was heel striking, and after realizing that I'm more aware of how I walk, and no more issues.

So far these are great, no disc golf in them yet, but I'm gonna try soon.
I've had a pair of KSO's for a little over a month and love them! Everything you said is dead on, especially the sizing, go one bigger than recommended. As for disc golf, they're just not strong enough, especially concrete pads. The siping on the bottom seems to tear off in little pieces pretty easily when on concrete. Another thing is the stitching on the strap is rather weak, causing one of the straps to break. Aside from that, I absolutely love these things. I put on regular shoes and feel reallly clumsy. :lol:

I have been eyeing these for almost a year now. I think I'm going to pull the trigger and order the sprints in the next few weeks. I would really be interested to hear more about how they hold up for DG. My local course is all flypads except one hole has a pavement tee.

Over 20 rounds with them on concrete pads and a lot of field practice and no destruction so far. Don't even really need the straps they just hug my feet really nice. Been sent thru the washer about 4-5 times now. I played with a guy from Atlanta with about as many rounds with them as I have and he has had no issues either. I have the grey colored KSO's and they do get dirty easily. The guy from Atlanta has the brown KSO's so I figured they wouldn't show the dirt and grass stains as easily. My grey KSO's clean up really well after being put in the washer and hung up to dry which takes no time.

kolorz said:
jeremy said:
I recommend if anyone purchases them don't do it online because fit is very critical. We both had to go a size bigger than using the chart.

I've had a pair of KSO's for a little over a month and love them! Everything you said is dead on, especially the sizing, go one bigger than recommended.

x3
I gotta send mine back for the next size

Latest posts