• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Vibram Fivefingers

I bought these in the beggining of the year and have been using them about 60 percent of the rounds I play. Cement and natural tee's have made no difference, I have traction. I've only slipped on complete mud, and even then I saw people in full boots sliding around. I play tourny's in them without regrets as well. If you get them make sure you play in them for a couple weeks before committing to play a tourny in them, there is a period of your legs strengthening while they get used to walking naturally. The shoe's have held up very well, no fraying of stench coming from them which has been a suprise sense you don't wear socks with them. Also I'm sure people are concerned if they have irregular feet if these will fit or not, but my feet are a little wide and my toe next to my big toe is longer then the big toe but these shoes adapted to my feet wonderfully.

I gave up on fitting them. I never noticed before but my pinky toe is fat and shy and kinda hides under my next toe. It did not like to be singled out and as much as I wanted to like these I could not get comfortable in them.

I got some Merrell Moabs instead and love them.

I've been neglecting mine for the past month or so. My wire and I went out and played 2 rounds the other day and no her Sprints are the only thing she wears on her feet for disc golf now and has been like this for the past 6 to 8 months. I went out for a casual round today wearing my KSO's and shot one of my better rounds in a long time. Here's to Five Finger's lowering scores. The Salomons are going back in the closet for a while.

I'm sorry to report that I returned my 2nd pair of KSO's to REI a few weeks ago. I LOVED every second in these shoes but both pairs started to become separated where the KSO mesh meets the classic part. Basically @ $85 bucks a pop I'm looking for something that isn't going to fall apart in 2-3 months (thankfully REI has badass customer service).

I'm considering writing an email to Vibram stating that I want to be their #1 fan but until they can fix the durability issues I've noticed I'm just a disappointed guy looking for durable barefoot shoes.

Has anyone else experienced separation in the seams of their KSOs?

No issues with mine but I bet I don't wear them nearly as much as you do. I have a pair of the KSO's and the Classics and i will agree they are much too expensive.

I got a pair of KSO's as a christmas present last year and I like them -- don't wear them a ton but I'm going to start wearing them more. I actually ran my first 5K in them but I was sore for a couple days afterwards.

I'd recommend going into a store that has them to get fitted then buying online. If I was going to be playing disc golf in them I'd say go for the KSO Trek.

People say they are expensive but compared to running shoes etc... they're not that bad.

been trying to force myself to love my Treks......but my feet are just too weird to comply, my little toe wants to tuck under the next in line and is not a fan of being separated out :( unfortunately i got em from a shitty local store where i cant return em, my dumbest waste of money in recent times

Jesse B 707 said:
been trying to force myself to love my Treks......but my feet are just too weird to comply, my little toe wants to tuck under the next in line and is not a fan of being separated out :( unfortunately i got em from a shitty local store where i cant return em, my dumbest waste of money in recent times

Size?

Jeronimo said:
Jesse B 707 said:

Size?
uh.........46 i think?

Jesse B 707 said:
Jeronimo said:
Jesse B 707 said:

Size?
uh.........46 i think?

dammit, i'm a 44.

I have some black KSO's, I mainly use them when it's muddy and as water shoes. Haven't used them for disc golf yet.

I like them a lot.

There's a guy around my local course that wears these things from time to time. His nickname is "Socks", presumably because of that.

Last time I played with him, he stubbed his toe on an exposed root. I saw him do it, and it really didn't look like it would have been that bad. But he was in pain, ended up he DISLOCATED HIS PINKY TOE :shock: :shock: :shock:

I'll stick to my Merrills, thank you.

Yeah, seems like regular shoes and a shirt that says "Look at me, look at me!" in large letters would be a better bet :D

well.......kept trying to force myself to wear these and now they are AWESOME! i have worn them for every round of DG for the past month and a half or so and they are great, probly gonna pick up a less rugged pair for everyday cruising around too. Regular shoes seem so weak now in comparison

Yah dude! I'm trying to pick up a pair for the Bikila's for running and the Sprints for general stuff. I've got a pair of the KSO's and the Classics right now and they're both just a tiny bit too big for me. That and personally I would not recommend the classics to anyone, that fuckin draw string cuts into your achilles heel like a knife, I hate them. The KSO's are pretty sweet but again they're a little big for my feet. I've logged some miles in my KSO's and I have to say that on the trail they're pretty sweet but if you step on something that's sticking up (like a small rock) it KILLS! That's why the Bikila's caught my attention, I'm a big natural runner but I'm really limited in where I can run with mine. Eventually I'll pick up a pair. The sprints I want because I like the open top of the shoe and it eliminates the need for that piece of shit draw string.

The KSO's that are made of Kangaroo leather look pretty sweet too, looks like it would make them a little more rugged which in some situations is needed. Maybe someday I'll check these out too.

Glad to hear you didn't give up on them Jesse!

yeah the KSO Treks (kangaroo leather) are what im rocking, i can deal with most anything in them, the only time i get got is when there is a big rock hiding in tall grass and im not ready for it......now that they have stretched out a bit mine are a touch too big too :(