• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Vibram Fivefingers

Went for a 3 mile run in my classics the other night on pavement. Not going to do that again for a while...

Been wearing them for almost 19 months now, almost every round of disc golf except when it is really muddy or below 50deg. Also been wearing them playing paintball. I would say approx 190 rounds of disc golf, and 10 8hr days of paintball, and when not at work wearing them as an every day shoe. They are holding up very good, not a tear, and not a whole lot of wear on the soles. This is the longest I have ever owned a pair of shoes and held up under these conditions. Being over 200lbs and this kind of stress amazing.

Jeremy

jeremy said:
Been wearing them for almost 19 months now, almost every round of disc golf except when it is really muddy or below 50deg. Also been wearing them playing paintball. I would say approx 190 rounds of disc golf, and 10 8hr days of paintball, and when not at work wearing them as an every day shoe. They are holding up very good, not a tear, and not a whole lot of wear on the soles. This is the longest I have ever owned a pair of shoes and held up under these conditions. Being over 200lbs and this kind of stress amazing.

Jeremy
you play on concrete teepads a lot?

mine are also holding up really well. but i'm only about 20 rounds deep :D

I love my VFFs, but they got mo funk than George Clinton's hotel bathroom. Somebody said something about a good remedy, but I can't seem to find it.

xJFK said:
jeremy said:

Jeremy
you play on concrete teepads a lot?

mine are also holding up really well. but i'm only about 20 rounds deep :D

Almost exclusively all concrete pads. I'll be going back to the Solamons now that it is getting cooler.

Jeremy

the socks they make for these bad boys are the best. i have like 7 pair of them. sooooo comfy. cool max toe socks, just for the lulz

J-Bolt said:
I love my VFFs, but they got mo funk than George Clinton's hotel bathroom. Somebody said something about a good remedy, but I can't seem to find it.
Its called wearing socks.....or washing the shoes.

Also: 19 month guy has gotta be a vibram spy, mine lasted bout 2 1/2 months. The pair I picked up after that had the treads start to come off after like 2 weeks :| I sent em back and have heard nor received anything from vibram for the past 3 or so months...some pretty shitty customer service from the VFF division of Vibram :(

Jesse B 707 said:
Its called wearing socks.....or washing the shoes.

Have the socks, dont like the feel. After washing them, they smell fine. Until I wear them again. I am afraid this pair has been ruined.

Snagged a pair of the Treksports last night in black / charcoal. They feel pretty good so far and appear more robust than the regular KSOs. Only time will tell if the durability issues I experienced with the KSOs have been fixed with these...

Picked up a pair of KSO Treksports black/gray also today, I went on a three mile run and they were great, I then tried to play a few holes of disc golf but decided it was too muddy and wet so the testing on the course will have to wait till another day.

I'm just slightly skeptical about the mesh material on top and the durability, I went with the trek sports over the regular trek because of price and it seems like they will also breathe better. Can anyone offer me a comparison of the two?

Just grabbed some of these today as well.

F000091.jpg

My first experience with the VFF's. I'm a huge fan of going barefoot whenever possible so I'm hoping I'm going to love these. They felt great in the store today, I'm going to try and take them for a spin tonight to see how they handle.

Been using my kso's for about a year now, love em. Tried playing disc in them but long grass keeps getting in my toes. Going to have to try again because I love wearing them so much. I'm training for a 50 mile ultra marathon, and they are becoming quite the little running shoe but boy do they stink. They go in the wash regularly.

what'shisname said:
Just grabbed some of these today as well.

F000091.jpg

My first experience with the VFF's. I'm a huge fan of going barefoot whenever possible so I'm hoping I'm going to love these. They felt great in the store today, I'm going to try and take them for a spin tonight to see how they handle.

Yup. These are the one's I'm rolling with now after going through 2 pairs of KSOs (and returning them at REI). The construction of the treksport seems a bit more robust than the KSOs and the lugged sole really improves traction. I used my treksports for a round of golf at cliff stevens and watertower park over the weekend and had no issues at all. Lovely footware.

mickas said:
Picked up a pair of KSO Treksports black/gray also today, I went on a three mile run and they were great, I then tried to play a few holes of disc golf but decided it was too muddy and wet so the testing on the course will have to wait till another day.

I'm just slightly skeptical about the mesh material on top and the durability, I went with the trek sports over the regular trek because of price and it seems like they will also breathe better. Can anyone offer me a comparison of the two?

I am going to continue to give you shit every time you wear those. I don't give a shit how comfortable they are or if they add 50 feet to your drives and make you never miss a putt, anyone who has these on still looks like a big douche.

Just for that post I'm going to wear them not only when we play disc golf but any other time I see you Jacob.

rusch_bag said:
I am going to continue to give you shit every time you wear those. I don't give a shit how comfortable they are or if they add 50 feet to your drives and make you never miss a putt, anyone who has these on still looks like a big douche.

i saw a guy wearing them while golfing and i was embarrassed for him.