• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Vibram Open 2012!

Has the Hyland Brewery course ever hosted a sanctioned tournament before? When I played this course on my way home from last year's Vibram it was still a little rough. Super fun but not what I would expect to host such a large event. Have there been updates to the tees or the course overall?

Its first tournament was held this year in the spring. It was sanctioned locally by NEFA, but not by the PDGA.

Over the last year a LOT of work has gone into that course. As we speak, new tees are being installed so that they're ready for the VibrAM. The course will be well prepared for a big event.

Last edited:
Its first tournament was held this year in the spring. It was sanctioned locally by NEFA, but not by the PDGA.

Over the last year a LOT of work has gone into that course. As we speak, new tees are being installed so that they're ready for the VibrAM. The course will be well prepared for a big event.

That is great to hear. I thought the course was great. Really a nice piece of disc golf property just a little unpolished. The Hyland Orchard and Brewery crew are super awesome. There will be a good time had by all.

If you missed last night's tee times show, here's a reminder that the tee times for the first round of the Vibram Open on Thursday August 16th can be viewed on the PDGA tour page. Click on Tee Time heading to sort the current registration list by time, and click on the Name heading to again sort alphabetically. :thmbup:

That is great to hear. I thought the course was great. Really a nice piece of disc golf property just a little unpolished. The Hyland Orchard and Brewery crew are super awesome. There will be a good time had by all.

Yeah, Brad's not kidding.

Don and crew have gone ape$%^& on that place.

Looking forward to it... I'll be playing in this one.

Disc golf planet will not be doing the coverage. We've got our bare bones cut rate coverage going on this year (lots of live scoring, probably a tape delay feed, player interviews (if they shoot well or crazy below expectations), and commentary from Terry Miller and some special guests. We will do our best and I expect it will be quite watchable, especially by the weekend when we work out any kinks.

DGP needed too much money from us to come and cover the event, but we still have a good working relationship and I look forward to rekindling our relationship going forward.

This week has been dragging on and on!! I leave Monday for my first VO! I may be wrong but myself and my buddy who I am traveling with may be the first players from New Mexico to ever play the VO.

This week has been dragging on and on!! I leave Monday for my first VO! I may be wrong but myself and my buddy who I am traveling with may be the first players from New Mexico to ever play the VO.

Well, you sir will have a great time. It is a great event played on one of the best courses in the world. Steve (and family) do a great job of making everyone feel welcome.

blogo-hoppy.gif

Maple hill was blowing up with talent today. First my girlfriend says in the parking lot, "is that Paige from those videos? " Yup and her boyfriend Devin I tell her. "

Then I see Will and Nikko get out of a car and my girlfriend tells me ,
" You accidentally cut them off when a lane ended on 54".

Kinda funny and I got to watch them them drive 1, 2, and 3 with many discs. Later in the round we got hung up on 12 red as pros bombed drive after drive down the hill. When they are finally down we walk down to find Dave and two pros I didn't know. Got to chat with Dave a bit.

Barsbey was hanging at the clubhouse at the end and him and two others were watching my drive intently I think because Dave was a hole behind us and we had the same color shirt on and Barsbey may have thought I was him for a moment.

Anyway it was fun and an exciting surprise on a Monday Morning. Bet there was more rippers I didn't even recognize!

So bummed to be less than 2 hours drive away and missing this! Unfortunately work and the Bellamy Park Ace Race interfered. I'll be entering the tourney scene in 2013 and hopefully will be able to play enough to qualify for at least the AM tourney next year!

Some of the birdies these guys are hitting from looking at the live scoring are sick. Cam Colglazier has already hit great birdies on 3, 11, 12, and 16 on his way to a -7 with two holes left. Those are tough holes!

Latest posts