• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Vibram Open 2012!

I normally love live scoring but on a course like this it just seems pointless. Seems like any hole can change the scores dramatically. (watching the ladies scores)

Ricky is absolutely tearing it up. Going for his 4th straight win after a runner up at worlds?!

Including setting a course record at an NT. nuts

At the risk of starting another par discussion, it's interesting that par for Vibram is set at 60 with the SSA coming in at 64 and the par for the Euro Championship is set at 66 and SSA is coming in about 63.5. It's rare that the true par should ever be lower than the SSA more than 1 or 2 throws and that can occur on heavily wooded courses and/or those with lots of OB.

At the risk of starting another par discussion, it's interesting that par for Vibram is set at 60 with the SSA coming in at 64 and the par for the Euro Championship is set at 66 and SSA is coming in about 63.5. It's rare that the par should ever be lower than the SSA more than 1 or 2 throws, typically on heavily wooded courses.

I personally like it. Seeing pros shooting 14 down is cool and all, but I want to see a course that is challenging enough for the top guys to be closer to par

From what I recall, the golds were designed to be 1020 rated at Maple Hill.

And I'm sorry but there is no true par 2. That is just stupid to even think about. Unless it was less than 33 feet, that just doesn't make sense.

Ha the pars on this course at times are ridiculous.

A 500 foot hole that goes into the woods and doesn't have a deuce from the top players in the world is NOT a par 3.

trust me I've stood on the pad and thought the same thing.

A hole that literally an entire elite pro field doesn't birdie isn't the US Open. Even the hardest holes at the US Open have birdies on it every single round.

Hole 17 is an easy par 4 with a terrible title as a par 3.

We are NEVER going to be like golf in terms of scoring until putting is harder. All lowering par to make it look better is doing is making the course appear harder than it is.

As Cam Todd once said "you are never going to a make a hole I Can't birdie"

You say you are tired of someone shooting -14, but that is exactly what Wysocki just did.

Last edited:
The Par 2 concept appears to be coming back. They had a Par 2 at the Stockholm Open Major earlier this year. Both Worlds in 2001 and 2002 had several par 2s which made the course par and SSA come close on each course.