• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram V.P. Putter does anyone have one?

I picked up a new Chunk VP today.
I wasnt planning on getting it, I had not even considered getting a new putter, but, like a pretty girl, it just caught my eye with its unusual lumpy square melted patterns.

I picked it up, and it felt good in my hand, nice tacky feel, and a great balance. I like the bead on it, I'm used to my JK-X, the bead feels right to me.
So I bought it, 171 grams, checked and verified, 20 bucks. Kinda spendy, but its a one of a kind, no two Chunks are the same.

First hole I played today, I tossed my Boss to just short of the basket.
10 meter circles are still visible from a tournament last week, my Boss landed about 8 feet outside of the circle.
I grabbed the new Chunk, lined up, threw.........BANG ! dead center chains.
40' out, slightly uphill, first putt this week, nothin but net ! :clap:

Needless to say, Juliana spend the rest of the round being carried in the bag.

I made more 40-50 footers today than I have ever made before, this disc made me giggle with glee like a little girl.

It flies straight, straighter than my JK-X, with less fade and better glide. The release is clean, no finger scraping, it just kinda leaves my hand on a perfect line to the chains.
I'm not sure about Vibrams ratings, but this is not the horrible, overstable, meathook hyzer brick that they would make you believe it is.

I played 54 holes on two courses today, from calm to very windy conditions, and the Chunk handled it all easily. Any putts I missed just dropped and stopped, no nasty rolls or pops, and the sound it makes in the chains is very satisfying. I had no spit throughs, the material is very grippy and sticks well, with good shock absorption

Played some of my best golf ever today, and my new Chunk VP played a big part.
JK stays home now, all I need is my Chunk and my XD.

Thanks Vibram. :hfive:

I've never heard of the Chunk. Maybe you could post a picture of its profile.
It's a little confusing if it is the "Chunk VP" since the "VP" is a model, not just any/every Vibram Putter.

Nice write-up though. Thanks. I love the VP and recently added the Ridge which is a great partner to the VP.

I've never heard of the Chunk. Maybe you could post a picture of its profile.
It's a little confusing if it is the "Chunk VP" since the "VP" is a model, not just any/every Vibram Putter.

Nice write-up though. Thanks. I love the VP and recently added the Ridge which is a great partner to the VP.

Chunk refers to the rubber it is made out of. Instead of being all one color it is multi colored. They did a limited run of them, but I believe they are planning on making more once they can make it cost effective to do.

Also, I love my VP.

Chunk refers to the rubber it is made out of. Instead of being all one color it is multi colored. They did a limited run of them, but I believe they are planning on making more once they can make it cost effective to do.

Also, I love my VP.

they are actually going to do a marbalized plastic/rubber (I think called Marble) that looks really sweet. My buddy was actually able to pick one up this past weekend even though they werent being sold or available to the public. they look great and will come in Firm; X-link; and Soft is what I understand

It flies straight, straighter than my JK-X, with less fade and better glide. The release is clean, no finger scraping, it just kinda leaves my hand on a perfect line to the chains.
I'm not sure about Vibrams ratings, but this is not the horrible, overstable, meathook hyzer brick that they would make you believe it is.

If you use it as a driver it is a meathook in putter terms, I like it for that reason

they are actually going to do a marbalized plastic/rubber (I think called Marble) that looks really sweet. My buddy was actually able to pick one up this past weekend even though they werent being sold or available to the public. they look great and will come in Firm; X-link; and Soft is what I understand

Any chance you or anyone else has a picture of this Marble material?

I can see what I can do, but Vegan Ray might have some pics as well. He was college roommates with Seve Dodge. I have some Sawdust style ones, but that is about it.

Also, I love my VP.

I didn't even consider that might be a type of plastic. Thanks for taking the time to set me straight Chief.

Once you see a Chunk you will instantly know what it is.

Here is a pic from the other Vibram thread.
Chunk VP is on the left.
chunks.jpg

Just got a ridge...noticed it does not have the numbers molded into it...1st runs come from prototype molds I assume?

Just got a ridge...noticed it does not have the numbers molded into it...1st runs come from prototype molds I assume?

If my VP and Ridge were the exact same weight I'd say the only difference is less fade on the Ridge. I've got a 167g prototype Ridge and a 175g VP. My Ridge turns over a bit but I think that's only due to it being lighter than the VP.

Are yours the same weight and if so do you just find the Ridge to be more stable than overstable?

I haven't thrown it...just came yesterday and I wont be throwing well or proper for a while. I got a 168 ridge, have a 175 vp.

If my VP and Ridge were the exact same weight I'd say the only difference is less fade on the Ridge. I've got a 167g prototype Ridge and a 175g VP. My Ridge turns over a bit but I think that's only due to it being lighter than the VP.

Are yours the same weight and if so do you just find the Ridge to be more stable than overstable?

Ridge is dead straight, and the VP is a meathook in putter terms.

I love those two. The VP is also great for anhyzers that you want to come back at the end. I love the VP for those shots and anytime I can't afford for the disc to drift right (RHBH). Then the Ridge just flies straight. If I'm throwing hard downhill I'll tip the wing down a bit to make sure it doesn't turn over. I really feel like they're a matching pair and the two have had a very positive effect on the little bit of game I have ;)

I need to get me some Vibram putters! I've been very loyal to my Wizard's ever since I first threw them never even buying any other putters, but now for the first time in 2yrs I am lusting after some new putters. I just purchased a pair of Ion's today, and next will be some VP's for sure.

I wanted to like the VP so bad. But I couldn't get past the plastic. When that plastic gets wet, it stays wet. Even after toweling it off multiple times, it still remains incredibly slick and difficult to throw. At least mine was like that. Shame, because I really like its flight.

Was this one of the first VPs? We have learned a lot in the past several months and we now put all of our discs through a citrus wash to take off some of the slick feeling that the discs have when they pop out of the mold.

I'd recommend giving the disc a quick wash and see if that gets rid of the slick, watery feeling. After the discs have been used for a bit, we have heard the exact opposite - that they feel better when wet. Please feel free to email or PM me with thoughts. I'm not always good at reading the DBs.

Once you see a Chunk you will instantly know what it is.

Here is a pic from the other Vibram thread.
Chunk VP is on the left.
chunks.jpg

Actually, all of these are "Chunks". We are also developing a swirl pattern that can be mixed with the chunks. I believe they will be available by the end of May. And their official name will be Granite.

The material is the same (X-Link, X-Link Firm, X-Link Soft), they just look phemomulous (a word my 4-year old made up the other day).

Get ready to get your Granite Ridge on.