• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram V.P. Putter does anyone have one?

yea I meant wholesale, not to many people in my area really even know that Vibram makes discs if anyone outside of my friend and I. they are great discs, and I would like to get some to some other players in the area for a decent price to build up some following to them

Just got a ridge...noticed it does not have the numbers molded into it...1st runs come from prototype molds I assume?

Yes, we don't mold the flight rating numbers in until we confirm the flight of the production run discs. Thus, no flight ratings.

Actually, all of these are "Chunks". We are also developing a swirl pattern that can be mixed with the chunks. I believe they will be available by the end of May. And their official name will be Granite.

The material is the same (X-Link, X-Link Firm, X-Link Soft), they just look phemomulous (a word my 4-year old made up the other day).

Get ready to get your Granite Ridge on.

they do look awesome, I can't believe you let Dave buy one off of you this weekend

chunks.jpg

^^^
Steve sat at the desk in that photo for many years.

Hey Steve, what are the chances I can purchase some putters direct from Vibram

Shoot me an email. [email protected]

So you know upfront, we are selective in who we sell wholesale to so if you are applying to retail Vibram discs as an individual, the answer will probably be no. If so, I'd recommend talking to the best disc golf shop in your area and having them shoot me an email.

Last edited:
Shoot me an email. [email protected]

So you know upfront, we are selective in who we sell wholesale to so if you are applying to retail Vibram discs as an individual, the answer will probably be no. If so, I'd recommend talking to the best disc golf shop in your area and having them shoot me an email.

that is the problem we dont have a disc golf shop in the area. but we have a few people that retail they just arent as proactive as some of us would like. would there be an opportunity to set up a club account maybe?

You guys ever think of doing tourney deals? I would love to get more people in down here as well.

Well, I think mine is totally phemomulous Steve. :hfive:

Guess I will go back and see if I can get a Ridge, sounds like thats my XD replacement.
Do you remember what weight range you ran Chunk Ridges in ?

Well, my VP flies pretty flat out of the box, at least as a putter, which is what I'm using it for, so I dont want something too flippy, just something for finnesse (touch) annys. Guess I will have to flight test both.

Ray is correct though, when throwing the three there is a huge difference between all three. that being said, when putted it isnt as noticeable

After playing 99 holes of golf in the past 3 days, I just have to say once again how impressed I am with my V.P.

This is the " deadest " disc I have ever thrown. Even from distances far beyond my normal putting comfort zone, and on side hill baskets, when it didnt go in, the disc just dropped and stopped. I had one 70 footer scoop in then kick out, right after my friend did exactly the same thing from his lie, but mine ended up 10 feet closer than his Aviar did. :D

It was great for doubles because the putts I didnt make all stopped close enough for my partner to take worry free runs at the basket.

Everyone that I let paw it today loved the feel, I didnt have the heart to tell them what kinda hiway robbery Dodge is charging for them. :p

Good stuff. :clap:

My V.P. has better glide than I expected, I generally can throw it on a lower line, and inside the normal hyzer arc of my JK-X, to make the same putts, but it does not glide as well as my XD does.
I dont normally throw high flop putts though, and I dont push putt or jump putt, I mostly throw conventional LHBH straight line putts, with a little nose up for the longer runs.

I am curious about the glide in these discs...I am sick of my rhyno giving up and hitting cage on me....I am more of a slow floaty putter and not interested in banging chains hard

In Innova-speak I'd give the VP and Ridge a "1" for glide.
I certainly hit the lower basket if I putt with an Aviar P&A and then follow it up with a VP or Ridge thrown the exact same way. I'm a lob putter so this is a bigger issue for me than you line-drivers.

I hope this helps you out.

Last edited:
alright, back to life. i know some people have to be throwing VP's out there.

picked one up today as my big wind P&A. from people who have thrown it for a while, what is the heaviest wind you personally trust these in for putt/approach/short drive duties? i throw wizards, but obviously this will be getting thrown instead once the winds get too big for me to feel confident doing so.

or maybe a better question would be if it fights the wind better than a rhyno or a sinus or breaker or a basic jokeri, the OS putters i have some experience with.

I throw rhynos and I tried the VP for a bit. They are very similar, but I'm just not a fan of rubber for putting. As far as wind fighting it should be very comprable to a champ rhyno.