• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Video...One Shot At $800...Misses

kdogokc

Par Member
I know that there's not a lot of bragging rights in missing an ace, but my 10 year old son Forest stopped a few hearts with this close encounter.

Tulsa's annual Chandlerstock Tourney hosted a $800 19th Hole Ace Run. Out of 160 players nobody hit it. The Junior division had a closer run at it than the rest of the divisions.

Check out the video HERE

That was a pretty good looking throw. Does the fact that no one hit it mean that it will be a larger ace pot next year?

That was a pretty good looking throw. Does the fact that no one hit it mean that it will be a larger ace pot next year?

I'm not sure...Sparky's 19th Hole Disc Golf Store hosted the pot. Players "bought" into the pot during registration. I wish they would have shortened the distance until someone hit it.

Impressive form like everyone else said, that's usually the hardest thing for people to get down. He'll be a force in the future, good job Dad.

Dayum! Good form and throw! :clap::thmbup:

discgolfcoursereview gets some street cred on Forest's form. Forest and I started playing a two years ago, in fact 7 months ago we didn't even throw for 6 months because I blew my elbow out (tricep tendon). We have had a hard time finding consistent help from local players about form, discs, etc. Geeking out on the technique threads on this site has contributed more to our game than help from local players.

We have a lot of friends that play dg, but finding players, even with great game, that understand why they have great throws is few and far between. We get instruction like..."Just let the disc do the work." : )

Forest and I both appreciate this site.

If I had that follow through I'd be shooting ten strokes better lol. Cool video. What did he throw and how far out?

I was in a tournament a few years ago, and the Ace Pot was $500. I made my throw on a 240ft hole, and missed two trees by inches. My disc came down, and hit the top rim of the basket,and then hit the ground next to it. I felt sick after that.

Latest posts